Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Did inner silence help you take more actions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  12:18:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Did inner silence help you take more actions in life? Right actions help progress in life. Actions are generally avoided for reasons of procrastination and fear of imagined risks, both of which are illusionary. With inner silence are you able to do more of them? For example lets say a shy guy is miserably single for his own mistake of not being able to socialize with women. And after some months of yoga he realizes his fears as illusionary and starts approaching women all the time like bullet and gets his misery solved.
Can you provide examples that you may have done?

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  05:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi FakeYogi,

For me, it made me face the darkness within. As time went on I faced my fears and sins and grew as a person. My life has improved because of it. The process is ongoing.

Less conflict in my life now. Better relationships with people. And the darkness is like a void now, empty devoid of darkness. If that makes any sense. Right now I am enjoying one of these small moments of enlightenment as I write this. They are very peaceful and relaxing.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  06:25:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Fake Yogi,

Inner silence changed my life yes it did. During the journey we see true veils of ignorance. Not in one time, it happens gradually.

Inner silence will lead us to the dawn of the Witness, the Witness makes you aware of ALL actions. You will notice if you are not taking the right action of the moment. It's like the Witness confrontates you immediately, so it is not always easy.

In your given example, if we are shy and feeling miserable we might ask ourself why?
Sitting in silence there might be an answer in silence on how and why we are feeling shy and miserable. We maybe will see the shy and miserableness is a thought pattern in us, existing because of happenings in the past.

If we continue with daily practice we will recognize all kinds of patterns in ourself, and we will recognize them as old and not from this moment. We don't need them anymore and they might fall away if they are recognized. This gives us the opportunity to live more in the moment

Inhale slowly......., follow that breath from moment to moment, exhale slowly....... some moments of peace and inner silence....

So maybe we will find out that this moment is ok, we can be relieved and relaxed, stay more in the moment, let the past go, the expectations go.....and we go on with our steady daily practice. Finding more and more moments of inner silence were nothing is wrong, and maybe that moment of inner silence is ecstatic and peaceful at the same time....

We find out we are more than this body, this mind and these thought patterns. We take the peaceful silence of mind with us during the day......
The more we realizing this, the more freedom we will have to live the life of a free soul.

We will live without expectations, being the one we really are, deep inside. Without all the thought patterns like, I am shy, I am miserable, I am not good enough, I am better, you are better, I like, I don't like etc.....

We will do what we need to do, without the old hesitations, we will have the courage to undertake new experiences. We will follow our intentions, we act from silence while in the past we act from thought patterns.

This is the experience here at this moment, there must be more to explore so I will continue practice.

With gratefulness to all teachers.

Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  10:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can I just say I LOVE your name FakeYogi! Lol!! I'm sure I'm a fake yogi myself!! Lol!

Great question and excellent responses LorkBuzzKill and CharlieDog! I have always tended to be very action oriented myself by nature and I think what meditation has availed most to me is the continuing growth of the "witness" which has allowed me to inwardly pause and see if action or inaction is best. I feel more and more connected to my intuition which guides me in various situations as to if and how to respond rather than react to a given situation. I can still F&%# things up but I have a better sense than I had before meditating daily about how to respond.

My first experience really experiencing the witness profoundly in my daily life was Dec. 2011 right before Christmas. I tripped over my boot and fell flat on my face and broke my nose (my first broken bone ever!) I had a 2 year old at home, had nose corrective surgery 2 days before Christmas, prep for Christmas, pack for an international flight which was cancelled twice, slept over at the airport, had a stolen passport, and 3 out of the 4 people I was traveling with were vomitting with the stomach bug (oh and a screaming toddler on the flight).... alot of outer chaos!! I remember observing it all from this peaceful untouched place within me saying to myself "this is a very outwardy chaotic time" but I was unattached. I knew it would all pass and I happened to be the only one who retained their sense of humor (proudly wearing a nose cast!) I remembered this too shall pass. I knew that I needed to just take whatever next right action was in front of me and just do the best I can.

So FakeYogi, as I myself continue on this (winding often steep with jagged edges!) spiritual path, I see that action is situation-based and some situations call for action and other call for me to remain in inaction. I have noticed courage is something that continues to grow for me - courage to speak my truth regardless of the results. To be able to be vulnerable and live from my heart more and to laugh and just be light - not so damn serious!! Those are some fruits I have seen.

It would be helpful if you gave us specific examples of issues you are alluding to with action as we might be better able to add more feedback... Regardless, I am yet to meet a long-term meditator who has said that they have not witnessed the fruits of the practice permeating all aspects of their life. You are on the path!

Take care! You sound like a RealYogi to me!
C
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  02:27:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear FakeYogi,

Inner Silence has certainly lead me to right actions. However,I am still just as anxious about things that caused anxiety in me as I was before I started meditation - in certain areas more so. Example, I get anxious when having to travel alone.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  9:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say that inner silence just reveals it's own natural qualities. It's not really becoming this or that. It's like you always had the qualities that you wanted in another person or wanted to be. It's like you( I mean me. Lol) have continually resisted and overlooked what you long for.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2017 :  02:46:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. Inner Silence sweeps away all the clutter so we can see clearly what actions to take. For me, inner silence goes hand in hand with simply "doing what needs to be done."
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2017 :  12:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
FakeYogi, During yoga today this thread popped into my head and I wanted to add another note..

In terms of action I think that meditation has been a doorway to seeing what other actions toward wellness and growth that I needed to take. For example, 6 months after meditating I had enough clarity to see that I was struggling with food addiction and needed to address that via 12 step recovery. Meditation gave me the clarity and willigness that I didn't have before meditating to address that. I felt like I was against a wall and couldn't run from myself anymore. So I think meditation begins this process of peeling the layers of the onion of ourselves and then we see what other resources we need to pull in to continue on our journey. I have found that on this journey of awakening I've needed to look at all areas of my life: food, money, sex, relationships, work, parenting, health, where I live geographically, etc. and tune into my heart and intution and ask, "Is this area in alignment with my core self? What needs to be adjusted?" and reexamine and reexamine...So I think inner silence does propel us into action through meditation but its also the willingness to absorb the fruits of other resources in our community that is another gift of meditation. Hope that makes sense... just felt the nudge to add that
Blessings to you all today!
C
Go to Top of Page

ausman

4 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2017 :  2:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In simple words, inner silence brings balance in us. Relating to your example, if we are shy, it will bring confidence in us. And if we are after every woman, it will make our heart content with one woman.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000