Power of intention
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2017 :  05:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

My question is about power of intention. I read somewhere that in yoga Nidra when you go deep into subconscious mind if you implant your intention no matter what your intention is it will manifest.
and subconscious dose not care about positive or negative intention and because of that the author had said that you have to be very careful what you intend when you go deep in subconscious mind and choose your intention carefully.

Also in Vigyan Bhairav Tantra Volume 1 by Osho
he says about the power of imagination when focused on the third eye:

"Now your imagination is just impotent; you go on imagining and nothing happens. But sometimes,
unknowingly, in ordinary life also things happen. You are imagining about your friend and suddenly
there is a knock on the door. You say it is a coincidence that the friend has come. Sometimes your
imagination works just like coincidence. But whenever this happens, now try and remember and
analyze the whole thing. Whenever it happens that you feel your imagination has become actual, go
inside and observe. Somewhere your attention must have been near the third eye. Whenever this
coincidence happens, it is not a coincidence. It looks that way because you do not know the secret
science. Your mind must have moved unknowingly near the third eye center. If your attention is in
the third eye, just imagination is enough to create any phenomenon.
This sutra says that when you are focused between the eyebrows and you can feel the very essence
of breathing, LET FORM FILL. Now imagine that this essence is filling your whole head, particularly
the top of the head, the SAHASRAR – the highest psychic center. And the moment you imagine,
it will be filled. THERE – at the top of the head – SHOWER AS LIGHT. This prana essence is
showering from the top of your head as light. And it WILL begin to shower, and under the shower of
light you will be refreshed, reborn, completely new. That is what inner rebirth means.
So two things: first, focused at the third eye your imagination becomes potent, powerful. That is why
so much insistence has been given on purity. Before doing these practices, be pure. Purity is not a
moral concept for tantra, purity is significant – because if you are focused at the third eye and your
mind is impure, your imagination can become dangerous: dangerous to you, dangerous to others. If
you are thinking to murder someone, if this idea is in the mind, just imagining may kill the man. That
is why there is so much insistence on being pure first.
Pythagoras was told to go through fasting, through particular breathing – this breathing – because
here one is traveling in a very dangerous land. Because wherever there is power there is danger, and
if the mind is impure, whenever you get power your impure thoughts will take hold of it immediately.
You have imagined many times to kill but the imagination cannot work, fortunately. If it works, if it
is actualized immediately, then it will become dangerous – not only to others, but to yourself also,
because so many times you have thought to commit suicide. If the mind is focused at the third eye,
just thinking of suicide will become suicide. You will not have any time to change, immediately it will
happen.
You might have observed someone being hypnotized. When someone is hypnotized, the hypnotist
can say anything and immediately the hypnotized person follows. Howsoever absurd the order,
howsoever irrational or even impossible, the hypnotized person follows it. What is happening? This
fifth technique is at the base of all hypnotism. Whenever someone is being hypnotized he is told to
focus his eyes at a particular point – on some light, some dot on the wall or anything, or on the eyes
of the hypnotist.
When you focus your eyes at any particular point, within three minutes your inner attention begins to
flow toward the third eye. And the moment your inner attention begins to flow toward the third eye,
your face begins to change. And the hypnotist knows when your face begins to change. Suddenly
your face loses all vitality. It becomes dead, as if deeply asleep. The hypnotist knows immediately
when your face has lost the luster, the aliveness. It means that now attention is being sucked by
the third eye center. Your face has become dead; the whole energy is running toward the third eye
center.Now the hypnotist immediately knows that anything said will happen. He says, ”Now you are falling
into a deep sleep” – you will fall immediately. He says, ”Now you are becoming unconscious” –
you will become unconscious immediately. Now anything can be done. If he says, ”Now you have
become Napoleon,” you will become. You will begin to behave like a Napoleon, you will begin to talk
like Napoleon. Your gestures will change. Your unconscious will take the order and will create the
actuality. If you are suffering from a disease, now it can be ordered that the disease has disappeared
and it will disappear. Or any new disease can be created.
Just putting an ordinary stone from the street in your hand, the hypnotist can say, ”This is fire in your
hand,” and you will feel intense heat; your hand will get burned – not only in the mind, but actually.
Actually your skin will get burned. You will have a burning sensation. What is happening? There is
no fire, there is just an ordinary stone, cold. How? How does this burning happen? You are focused
at the third eye center, your imagination is being given suggestions by the hypnotist, and they are
being actualized. If the hypnotist says, ”Now you are dead,” you will die immediately. Your heart will
stop. It WILL stop.
This happens because of the third eye. In the third eye, imagination and actualization are not two
things. Imagination is the fact. Imagine, and it is so. There is no gap between dream and reality.
There is NO gap between dream and reality! Dream, and it will become real. That is why Shankara
has said that this whole world is nothing but the dream of the divine... the DREAM of the divine!
This is because the divine is centered in the third eye – always, eternally – so whatsoever the divine
dreams becomes real. If you are also centered in the third eye, whatsoever you dream will become
real."

would you please shed some light on this?

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 27 2017 3:30:44 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2017 :  3:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2017 :  06:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In ayp samyama according to yogani whatever we release into stillness(positive or negative intention)the result is positve but it seems there is possibility in other approaches that what we intend is going to manifest.

I like to know your thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2017 :  1:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2017 :  4:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a matter of persistence and consistency in regards to our vision, desire, and action. How we apply persistence and consistency is very important. If we are harsh and forceful, we will get the same quality of results. If we use finesse and grace, the results will reflect the smoothness which was used to generate the exterior manifestation.

The product, producer, and process of production are forever connected in a continuum of miracles.

Samyama is cultivating miracles in accordance with the flow of stillness, rather than in a rough use of will power. The will power is surrendered to the Infinite Presence, which automatically filters the intention to create the best result for all parties concerned.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  06:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Bodhi
quote:

It's a matter of persistence and consistency in regards to our vision, desire, and action. How we apply persistence and consistency is very important.

So, everything is possible if there is enough persistence.

Anything about third eye and its power of manifestation?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  11:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, ajna (the third eye) means "command", so it's role is pretty important in steering the ship, so to speak. I'm certainly experiencing plenty of ongoing purification there, so it's hard to ignore. But, with spinal breathing, we sweep from the root to the third eye, so the idea is to cover the main central channel, without focusing on one spot or chakra in particular. That way, we achieve balance and unity of the lower and higher natures.

And yes, I think the scope of possibility is unfathomably wide when persistence is applied, so let's dare to dream, and dare to act on our dream, as Yogani has said!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  04:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi angeleeyes

I can't completely agree with Osho here. Purity is important not just because it guarantees yogic powers are applied to good ends. Purity is important because you can't achieve yogic powers without it.

Thoughts and actions that are harmful in intent will knock you out of unity with your Higher Self. Indeed when you are one with your Higher Self, any intended harm is self-harm. It's not something you would even contemplate. So I think Osho's 'killing the man' example is forced. You will harm yourself before killing anyone else with your thoughts.

That is why Yogani says Samyama is morally self regulating.
And perhaps why witches are depicted as very ugly in popular folklore. Attempting to hurt others is by definition self-destructing.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  02:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BlueRaincoat,
thank you for the reply

quote:
Thoughts and actions that are harmful in intent will knock you out of unity with your Higher Self. Indeed when you are one with your Higher Self, any intended harm is self-harm. It's not something you would even contemplate. So I think Osho's 'killing the man' example is forced. You will harm yourself before killing anyone else with your thoughts.

you mean there is no way to have powers before surrendering to higher self?

maybe a yogi who have not yet reached the final destination (unity) but is advanced enough to have such powers.

what about the unconscious mind? is it not possible to go deep in the unconscious mind and make your intent and reach you goal?

Edited by - angeleeyes on Aug 01 2017 02:16:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  06:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by angeleeyes
you mean there is no way to have powers before surrendering to higher self?
Yes, that is exactly what I meant. There is no power without surrender. Only a lot of strife that will eventually wear you out.

quote:
maybe a yogi who have not yet reached the final destination (unity) but is advanced enough to have such powers.

The more advanced you are, the clearer it is to you where your impulses originate. The ones that are not in accord with the dharma become obviously painful. Will you persist in a destructive action if you know what heavy price you will have to pay for it?

quote:
what about the unconscious mind?

The unconscious mind exists only in unconscious people. The enlightenment journey is all about turning the unconscious into consciousness. "Whatever is hidden away will be brought out into the open, and whatever is covered up will be found and brought to light." Luke 8:17

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Aug 01 2017 06:59:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  07:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
There is no power without surrender. Only a lot of strife that will eventually wear you out.

I can't agree with you about this because there are powerful people who are not so called enlightened or surrendered to higher self.for example people who have psychic powers.

quote:
The more advanced you are, the clearer it is to you where your impulses originate. The ones that are not in accord with the dharma become obviously painful. Will you persist in a destructive action if you know what heavy price you will have to pay for it?

The powers are not necessarily have to be misused(to harm others) they can be used for reaching your goals in the world. you want the life happen the way you want it not god or so called Self. If you make mistakes that is ok you can compensate for it can't you?

quote:
The unconscious mind exists only in unconscious people. The enlightenment journey is all about turning the unconscious into consciousness.

By unconscious I mean the hidden power you have and you can use it to get what you want.

As i understand it samyama acts from beyond the mind and that is because it is morally self regulated. But the mind itself is a very powerful tool.

Is that true that Practicing yoga can make your mind powerful and reach its highest possibilities?

I'm not enlightened yet and i act from where I am now.

Edited by - angeleeyes on Aug 01 2017 09:08:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  10:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
you can use it to get what you want

It depends what you mean by 'you'. I remember a yogi once said (I think it was Swami Rama) that each of us is many people. Have you ever invested effort into getting something that you thought you wanted only to find out, after achieving that goal that it doesn't actually do anything for you?

quote:
If you make mistakes that is ok you can compensate for its can't you?

Oh yes, you could spend your entire life compensating for past mistakes.

quote:
I'm not enlightened yet

When you go to your meditation seat every day, you make an enlightened decision. In that moment you are enlightened.

You are right about "acting from where you are now". That is all each of us can do. But if you put a question that bears on the future and ask the rest of us to tell you if, in a few years time, you will be getting what you want now, then I think it makes sense to flag up the fact that you are in fact changing every day, with every yoga session you are doing.

Enjoy your practice
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  10:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the more advanced yogis here give less straight answers.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  12:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes giving an answer that is simple to everyone skews the truth. This is the problem I see in Osho's quote. He is trying to make it simple and leaves out a few essential points.

Look at it this way: Yoga is a game changer. The rules of the game you are playing today are different from the rules by which you will be playing after a few more hundreds of hours of practice. You are asking a question about the future game (i.e. the time when you will be able to acquire powers). When you hear the answer, you interpret it from the reality you know today and that filters out the essence of the answer.

That's why Yogani emphasises practice over theoretical efforts. You will work out your answers yourself. The most important thing is that you keep up your practice, which is what you are doing and for which I humbly salute you.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  2:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
and for which I humbly salute you.

I'm grateful dear BlueRaincoat

yes i'm still practicing but comparing to first days and years of practice my desire(for practice) is much less. sometimes during the sessions i forget to repeat the mantra and drawn in thoughts or just seat in silence.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  4:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, if you want answers to your questions, you know the best way to get them.

Let us know how you get on with your practice.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  10:53:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvNVu1ATLF0

I watch this video from Osho in which he talks about three layers of energy and one of his students who have reached to second layer and got such power that can control the mind of others almost the same concept on his tantra book which I quote on my first post.

what is your thoughts on this?

Edited by - angeleeyes on Aug 31 2017 12:46:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  8:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As Elsa sang Let it go..

Let go of control. Surrender is Bliss.

Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2017 :  11:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - angeleeyes on Sep 05 2017 10:31:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  1:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had to learn the hard way ...

Why are we in embodiment, what do we want to do with this opportunity, this life? For me everything eventually comes back around to common sense and balance. My perspective is we need to be exquisitely clear about what we are available for and what we are definitely not available for. We choose, either consciously or unconsciously, what to place our attention on; We choose the frequency with which we resonate.

That is why it is imperative to be conscious of the manner in which we direct our attention, and focus it to achieve that which we want to manifest in our lives. This is intent. To my way of thinking, a balance between personal initiative and surrender to the divine is in order. Hopefully they are the same. However, we will be tested in situations where it appears that unconditional love and our comfort zone are not in alignment.

When seemingly given the choice between two poor options, it is perhaps wise to remember there are always other alternatives than what appears to be on the table. We can choose neither, both, or some alternative that doesn't seem to be offered to us. So you don't like the reality? ....then imagine/ invent the reality you do like. The problem comes in that our unconscious intent is frequently at odds with our conscious intent .. in which case the unconscious intent is usually the more influential.

We apparently exist in a universe that imbues human beings with an enormous reservoir of power. One way or the other that power will be used - either to our benefit or to our detriment. Those conscious of their spiritual path will hopefully progress in a manner which directs power to increasingly benefit both themselves and the entire universe. If we abdicate our personal will and intent, if we abandon common sense, then forces we may not like very much are given an open door to take control of our lives.

Unfortunately I know all about this as there was a period in my life where I gave over my power to drugs. In my situation, that was an example of epic failure to properly surrender to the divine, a hard lesson for me. It was very clear intent which enabled breaking free from that bondage. If an individual is able to use drugs in moderation with conscious intent, then they may possibly retain some control over its influence in their lives. Personally there is awareness, when it comes to drugs, I'm not capable of that kind of moderation.

love
parvati

Edited by - parvati9 on Sep 05 2017 1:29:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  01:11:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Angeleyes,
I am reading this book by Paul Brunton called The Inner Reality and came across this chapter which answers your questions (questions which I too have often pondered upon) in a satisfactory manner (to me)
He differentiates between spiritual powers and occult powers - the latter being of the mind powers which may get you want temporarily but also what you do not want.
quote:
When you have access, through some mode of strong con-
centration or of self-absorption, to the planetary overmind, and share its powers temporarily, in that moment of sharing you may perform miracles ; miracles which may be material, or they may be mental, but they will never be higher than mental, they will never be spiritual.
Similarly with reference to so-called demonstrations of prosperity. That is done in a similar way by concentration of th e mind upon money. If you can concentrate hard enough and long
enough, and if you do it with self-absorption into the Overmind, at times you will get money. You will get it because you are
demonstrating a mental power. But if you attempt to do these things out of your own wisdom you are running certain risks, and the risks are not always to be desired. You may get what you
seek by mental concentration, but you may get other things along with it which you did not seek. You may get the demonstration of
perfect health and die the next day. I do not say that you will, but I do say if you wish to deal with powers you do not understand, try to understand them before you use them. They are mental powers not spiritual

Sey
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2017 :  02:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear SeySorciere,

Thank you for the reply.

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 01 2017 09:59:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2018 :  08:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

today I watched this video of Sadhguru (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CWJGKvQRU0). On 11:50 (of the video) he talks about tantra and says yogies can create forms (male or female) and make them alive.this is why they dont get married. Is this true? he means creating physical form and making them alive?

Edited by - angeleeyes on Dec 26 2018 3:49:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2018 :  4:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleeyes,

Sadhguru is referring to the creation of etheric beings, rather than physical forms. When he says that they can come "alive", he is referring to them being alive on the etheric planes, just as angels and ascended masters are.

He is joking about the marriage part though. Many yogis and yoginis get married, because they want to, including Sadhguru himself who had a love marriage. His wife, Vijaykumari, passed away in 1997.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2018 :  04:20:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Thank you for the reply.

So, how they make love with etheric beings? Could you please elaborate on that.

Edited by - angeleeyes on Dec 27 2018 04:59:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2018 :  07:22:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleyes,

Loving relationships with etheric beings are the same as loving relationships with physical beings, except that everything happens on the subtle (non-physical) planes of being.

In AYP it is advised not to enter into relationships (of any kind) with non-physical beings. If you do encounter them, whether they are malevolent or benevolent beings, then simply let the experience go in silence. This is covered in lesson 421:

Lesson 421 - Spirits and Spirit Guides

Etheric beings exist in the astral realms (both lower and higher astral) and things in these realms are not always what they seem. They can become a huge distraction on the path, lasting for years, decades or even lifetimes. It is best to navigate a pathway through them, going beyond them to the Self, without becoming involved or distracted on the way.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000