Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Clenching and Shifting in Jaw and Forehead
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ttakami

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2017 :  7:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,

I've been experiencing what I think maybe Kundalini Related symptoms-I haven't really known who to discuss about this stuff, and wanted to share it here to see if anyone had experience, as well as recommendations on things to do next that might help. I'll keep it as simple as possible.

34 year old Male, Practices Buddhist Meditation, has experienced some life traumas (I think it may play a role.).

Biggest issue-I have been experiencing involuntary clenching in my jaw/masseter on the right side that seems to wrap to the back of my head and also rise up to the middle of my forehead concentrating behind the inner upper corner of my right eye. That's the most promient thing I feel-it's been like this for about over a year, its tense.
I definitely think it may be related with repressed trapped anger/trauma, physically stored resistance (in fascia?). I definitely have memories of having to check and stuff anger-keeping it held back with some of muscles in the eye area. Painful, like suddenly hitting the breaks at 45-60 mph. More recently I have definitely noticed that it runs from the jaw, to the middle of my neck on the right side, right shoulder- the right hip, inner thigh area glue and a little bit of the lower back. More recently I definitely notice a spot on my right inner thigh groin muscle a line of energy running down to my calves and ankles-it very much reminds me of like a ball and chain-and the whole experience of it feels like resistance pushing downward.
I definitely experienced a collision that happened to the right, and a place where the energy seems to collect is on the upper thigh where I was kicked, pretty memorably as a kid. Oh and it definitely seems to be connected to a feeling around the little bone in the middle of my sternum that feels related to embarassment, exposure, fear, experiencing anger.

On the outset-I feel physically pretty healthy, but I have been experiencing a rough period in my life. I've been applying a lot of relaxation, personal inner work, doing a lot work on my relationship patterns, see a counselor weekly. But the physical/psychological/energetic stuff seems to be there, but still in a pocket I am blind to. I am wondering also at all if it has anything related to using the accupressure tapping points on my right side for a while.

Mostly I do feel that there is anger releasing, although I am pretty reasonably okay interacting with people on an everyday level. That said, the past few years I came up against a lot of loss, and I am just starting to get back into the world of work, building a career. I think that's probably more than enough to share, I just wanted to contextualize the physical energetic, with the emotional and existential. Any suggestions, insights, would be awesome. I really haven't had much opportunity to discuss this aspect of my condition with people who are familiar with this stuff.

Thanks a lot,

Tyrone

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2017 :  02:44:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Tyrone

It seems these issues are common among spiritual practitioners of all schools.

There are some yogic techniques that would work directly on the blockage you are describing, but would you wish to expand your practice beyond Buddhist meditation?
If the answer is yes, I recommend reading the AYP lessons (available on this website - see the "Start lessons here" link on the left. Should you choose to adopt any of the AYP techniques, it is best to understand them in context and familiarize yourself with the practice of self-pacing.

One thing you can do without getting into yoga is to hold the tension in awareness. Just pay attention to it. Don't fight it, don't wish it away. Look at it as a part of you that wants to be heard. When you've listened long enough and the suppressed emotion has had a good hearing, it will fade away.

All the best on your path.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jul 21 2017 03:31:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2017 :  03:20:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tyrone,

Welcome to AYP forums. Thank you for sharing and sorry to hear your difficulties.

The physical body is a storehouse of all our old trauma and old emotions. I had some of your issues for a long time. I do remember especially the connection, shoulder, neck, eye and the very painful hittings in the eye.
It is all tension which need to be released, as you already know.,

It would be best to release all tensions gradually, and that is what we do with spiritual practice. You can also certainly use the skills of an experienced bodyworker with a holistic view.

Question: do you practice asana or other physical practice ? This stretching will help to release tensions.

Do you have a daily meditation practice?

To learn more about kundalini and imbalance you can start reading www.aypsite.org/69.html

The lessons of AYP will give you more insight in this evolutionary process

Wishing you the best,

Edited by - Charliedog on Jul 22 2017 12:23:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2017 :  5:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've experienced plenty of purification in the jaw area, and still am. The jaw/masseter is a very strong muscle, obviously, since it's used in eating, talking, and is generally related to balance in the head and whole body.

Couple things that have helped:
  • Self-massage of the jaw area, head, and neck (which is part of the AYP asana sequence)
  • Spinal Breathing Pranayama
  • The Solar-Centering Enhancement during Deep Meditation
  • A general loosening of the jaw via singing and laughing
  • Other things I'm probably not aware of

The symptoms of purification! Not always super-comfortable. But we can work (and play) to smooth things out.

Self-pace as needed.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2017 :  10:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You should talk to your Buddhist meditation teacher. It's hard to help across different practices.
Go to Top of Page

ttakami

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2017 :  3:32:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for the wonderful advice-it's really awesome to experience some confirmation about. I didn't get to read the responses until today.

"One thing you can do without getting into yoga is to hold the tension in awareness. Just pay attention to it. Don't fight it, don't wish it away. Look at it as a part of you that wants to be heard. When you've listened long enough and the suppressed emotion has had a good hearing, it will fade away"

Super helpful-practicing non-judgmental awareness definitely has been helpful, but I forgot how helpful and freeing it is to let those areas have access to listening and imagination-letting the feelings have a say. I just touched in with it and about an hour later, here I am, writing about it. Very helpful indeed. Thank you all!
Go to Top of Page

ttakami

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2017 :  5:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey all,

I have been continuing to experience tension manifest-and it is a very peculuar and sometimes uncomfortable thing. I can feel it all across the right side from the top of my head to the inside arch. the area of the right side at the belly button level feels clenched and tense but in a way that I can feel but couldn't consciouslly control like a regular muscle conraction. And right about the area of my pelvis at the hip bone I will feel a curved line of "spicy" prickly sort of hot energy. I feel like this maybe long suppressed tension that was like fear and anger. And I am wondering what level the energy is-it feels physical but its not in the muscles its certainly energetic but it has a substance to it as well. Is it something related to the fascia system? It feels like it needs to recede gradually but if it were to happen suddenly, it would be like an explosive spasm and then a relaxation.

Possibly related and I think this may possibly just go beyond the realm of discussion so please forgive me. I have been gradually tapering off Effexor and I am holding at about 32.5 mg from 37.5. Going off of it gradually has been key and I think may have a role in some of this. But I wonder, from a yogic perspective (maybe even aryuveda?) I think the useful thing the medication did was put my energy body in a form of traction? Everytime I go a little bit lower-I need to be weary becasue inevitably I will feel a release of emotions and it does feel like its coming from my body. I would love to hear if folks have had related expereinces.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2017 :  9:19:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Everything in the body is related to fascia.

I've never taken Effexor, but it's probably good to taper off it so that your nervous system can purify and open more naturally through yoga.

Deep Meditation is heartily recommended. Trust the stillness as it moves through you. We are That.
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  04:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ttakami,
I have been facing the same problem recently but only in the head. do "Suryanamaskara" everyday at least 3 times. all the muscles you mentioned would be stretched in a proper manner and you will see the difference.

Edited by - kart12345 on Oct 01 2017 05:20:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2017 :  08:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ttakami

I know what you mean by tension that you can't consciously control. I have had a back pain problem caused by a similar tension that caused an asymmetry in my postural muscles. Completely out my voluntary control, it was caused by unresolved emotional issues.

All you can do is keep up your practice at whatever level you are able to sustain. You are doing the right thing reducing medication very gradually. It will take patience, but you will get there.

Asanas might help. Gently bending, stretching and twisting can help ease off tension. Also working out and keeping fit is very helpful. Do you have a fitness routine?

Best wishes

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Oct 03 2017 3:33:35 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000