Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reidmantra

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2017 :  3:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all. Reidmantra here. I have a few questions about samyama. The first one is - what does it mean to do samyama `on' something and is it part of AYP samyama? Question 2 - I was told a while back that I (could) paint each sutra with an intention. How is this done and should this be done? Question 3 - When we release a sutra into inner silence and wait for our 15 seconds before introducing it again, what is happening in that period of silence? Question 4 - If as Yogani says we are moving energy in particular ways with the list of AYP sutras, why do I never feel anything moving inside of me? All I feel is a sense of inner peace. Finally, the last question I have is - The sutras can be translated into our first language. The lightness sutra can be Inner space - Lightness of air or Akasha - lightness of air. Bodhi Tree once explained that the choice of words is not that important. However, in Yogani's book on Samyama he says that all the sutras can be translated into our deepest language, `all except Akasha' which he translates as subtlest ether or inner space. Is there a benefit to using the sanskrit word Akasha in the mind and body rather than the english expression Inner space? Thank you in advance for any clarification or understanding the group members of this forum can provide. - Reidmantra

Ps. I will be away from my computer for 3 days so I will check back on Tuesday the 11th of July to see if anyone responded to my questions. Again, thank you.

By the way, I wish to congratulate all those who completed the recent teacher training in France. In my eyes, each and every one of you by teaching, is healing the planet one soul at a time. I wish all of you nothing but joy, peace, and success! God bless you all! - Reidmantra

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2017 :  02:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. I would say that to do samyama "on" something is to put one's awareness on the "something" in a samyama-like fashion. For instance, if the "something" is another person we want to pray for, we could pick up their name in stillness and let it go...repeating as desired. It's the touch-and-release dynamic that matters.

2. So, to continue with the example of using a person's name as a sutra, we could go further by painting their name with an intention. If the person is sick, for example, we could infuse the sutra of their name with a desire/intention for their improved health. Often, this kind of painting of sutras with intentions comes spontaneously and is not an extra addition that needs to be worried about. So, if we release the sutra "love" with no particular intention, it will still be effective in manifesting love where love is needed, without our conscious control.

3. During the 15 seconds, the sutra is being absorbed into stillness, i.e. into the pure consciousness that will make best use of the desire. How, when, and where the sutra will manifest is not so apparent, due to the incomprehensible vastness of inner silence.

4. To feel a sense of inner peace can, paradoxically, be a symptom of stillness moving. Stillness in action. Just because we can't feel anything moving, doesn't necessarily mean that nothing is happening. Quite the contrary. Samyama is the epitome of the "less is more" principle, so subtle movement is not something that is always obvious or discernible.

Regarding the final question, what matters is that we use words that are familiar and meaningful to us. I would venture to say that it probably doesn't matter much whether Akasha or Inner Space are used, due to their interchangeability. What matters is the release of the sutras, and the consistency of using the same sutras for many weeks, months and years. So, whether it's Akasha or Inner Space, just stick with the sutra you decide on. I have used Akasha for a while now, and it's totally fine.

Glad you're getting into samyama, ReidMantra.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  01:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent answers from Bodhi. Not much to add except I would answer question 3 a little differently.

In the 15s between sutras, YOU are touching Stillness - your true state. It is a combination of the last three limbs of yoga with a repeated touching of Stillness with powerful results.

Lesson 149 if you have not yet read it.

http://www.aypsite.org/149.html

Sey
Go to Top of Page

reidmantra

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  11:51:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi-Tree and Sey. Thank you for responding to me. Bodhi, your answers to my questions were clear and easy to understand. If I am not mistaken, you were one of the people that went for teacher training a little while back. You must have done extremely well, because the way you answered my questions had an instructors feel to it. Sey: I am going to look at lesson 149 and see what it has to say. Thank you for providing the link. I am trying the technique of Samyama after a long break from it. I have also just begun spinal breathing again. Nothing fancy, just the basic spinal breathing technique. I also just today added the first alternate mantra enhancement. The one I am using is Shri I am Namah. So far so good. I hope you are both happy, healthy, and peaceful. This hope is not only for you, but for all the other members that post on the forums as well. Until the next question, namaste. - Reidmantra
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  10:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I did go to the TTC, and it was well worth it. So glad it will be an annual event, and that our worldwide network continues to grow.

Love. Radiance. Unity.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000