Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 Love
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2017 :  7:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So....how the all loves me and how I love the all is the same twisted pattern. It's a chicken or the egg thing, I don't remember what came first.

So love starts with anger and then a hiding, an alone feeling. I can recognize this as love and receive it, but I'd like to straighten it out. I don't want to give that out anymore.

I don't know how to straighten it out. If I start messing around and try to fix stuff, it gets messy.

It seems like my best course is my Ishta and Samyama. I'm sure there are other ways.

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  10:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  10:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amen, and Hallelujah.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2017 :  04:00:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

So....how the all loves me and how I love the all is the same twisted pattern. It's a chicken or the egg thing, I don't remember what came first.

So love starts with anger and then a hiding, an alone feeling. I can recognize this as love and receive it, but I'd like to straighten it out. I don't want to give that out anymore.

I don't know how to straighten it out. If I start messing around and try to fix stuff, it gets messy.

It seems like my best course is my Ishta and Samyama. I'm sure there are other ways.

ah, the "anger... hiding... alone feeling" - longing - sounds an awful lot like "The Devotional Poems of Mirabai," which in turn echoes "Jayadeva's Gitagovinda." Some schools including, I think, ISKCON, say that this state of separation or longing is the ultimate. I disagree, but to each their own.

You said you don't know how to "straighten it out" or "fix" it. I'm not sure anything needs to be "fixed" but if it does, I totally agree w/ you that the best course is through your Ishta, and I'd hold 'em to it! Hence Radha's anger at His seeming fickleness. Fortunately this classic story ends w/ perfect Union and ecstasy.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2017 :  07:35:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Radharani
I'm not sure anything needs to be "fixed" but if it does, I totally agree w/ you that the best course is through your Ishta, and I'd hold 'em to it! Hence Radha's anger at His seeming fickleness. Fortunately this classic story ends w/ perfect Union and ecstasy.

Nice metaphor
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2017 :  11:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Radharani,
I just love you and your advice.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2017 :  9:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My Ishta is finally sending a small amount of light into my heart( not too much). A little bit and a little bit.

Yes, I'm holding him to it. It's hard to stay mad at him with the light and all.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2017 :  11:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lalow
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  12:05:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2017 :  8:31:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Oh Radharani,
I just love you and your advice.

I love you too.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2017 :  12:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what a love fest over here!
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  06:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

My Ishta is finally sending a small amount of light into my heart( not too much). A little bit and a little bit.

Yes, I'm holding him to it. It's hard to stay mad at him with the light and all.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000