AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Children's book agent
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  6:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks, I'm writing a spiritually-oriented children's book giving children a sense of empowerment, empathy and acceptance who are affected by family dysfunction/addiction. Book is finished and currently being illustrated. Does anyone have a connection with a spiritually-minded literary agent or publisher, if so I would appreciate it if you could please email me, thank you! Chard

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  8:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These days, the trend is to do self publishing via Kindle publishing and print on demand services.
soundstrue.com does audio programs. Maybe if you get in touch with them, they can guide you to the right contact.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  11:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you join the Author's Publish e-mail list they will send you links to publishers that are looking for submissions. They often have publishers that are looking for children's books. Also, the blog Publishing and Other Forms of Insanity is a great resource for literary agents and publishers that are looking for submissions. I would check both of these out. Good luck with your book. I hope you are successful.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2017 :  3:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ooh great resources! Thank you all! I'll look into that...
Also I had no idea how much courage it takes to create art that comes from your heart and put it out into the world! It feels so vulnerable and ego shattering and yet at some point we are willing to do it if can possibly inspire or help others. But wow!
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2017 :  10:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it can be pretty scary to put your work out there. But once you do and the only response you get is chirping crickets, that can be pretty hard too. I even enjoy the negative feedback sometimes when I get it. At least if it is fair then I know where I need to improve.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000