Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 lower back pain turns into headache and returns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zooitje

Netherlands
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2017 :  03:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I meditated for the first time this week after reading about it. I got interested as a light lower back ache was bothering me and found something on the internet.

My first 'meditation' probably was nothing much as i'm not experienced. But i felt a strong force in my throat locking up my upper throat and saw nice purple shapes :-)

After meditation I got a really hot and a aching head on the front halve. It was like my head had too much blood in it on the front end. The back aches were copletely gone! After lowering the energy down from my head, through my neck a day or two the nagging light ache in my lower back has returned and a sharp ache on the left side temple of my head is still there but the head as a whole became almost normal again. Any advice here? As i have no idea of what I'm doing or how to approach all of this. Thank you.
zooitje

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2017 :  06:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi zooitje,

Welcome to these AYP forums,

During the practice of meditation experiences come and go. We can enjoy the experiences and let them go, we don't have to analyze them. The experiences will change along the journey. Meditation practice is observing and let go, for instance observing the breath or a mantra. Notice we are lost in thought patterns and come back to the observing practice. If we have a regular daily practice we will find more peace in our daily life. We develop an inner strength for instance to stay in balance in chaotic times in life and we can enjoy the little things in life more because of our expanding awareness.

If you are interested in starting your practice it would be an idea to practice for instance 40 days in a row, see what it brings you in daily life.

AYP Lessons start here www.aypsite.org/10.html , have a look, all practices and much more are in the lessons, and it's best to take one step a time. Practice until you feel completely comfortable before taking the next step.

Feel welcome to ask questions.

Best wishes

PS The nice purple shapes and energy experiences could be are a sign that we are ready for practice, little signposts, which makes us curious and feed our desire to more knowledge about ourselves.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jun 09 2017 06:57:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2017 :  07:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum. The sensation in the head is mostly related to the third eye or ajna. If you are following AYP, make sure you don't go beyond 20 minutes of meditation twice a day. Experiences will come and go. Don't get attached to them. Enjoy the journey.
Go to Top of Page

zooitje

Netherlands
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2017 :  4:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, both of you. I appreciate this and follow up on your advice.

Kind regards,
zooitje
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  10:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Zooitje, I'm a fan of going to the chiropractor but backaches, headache- actually just for general health its good. In fact, I have two small children and I went to the chiro while pregnant and brought my sons right after birth. Best of luckC
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000