Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 3rd Eye sensations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  01:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I have noticed as I go through out the day living. That my 3rd Eye draws my attention often. Just finished working out, learning, thinking, just living, through out the day it grabs my attention. It happens a lot. When I meditate it becomes the center of attention. Even right now as I am writing this it is grabbing my attention.

I stopped meditating for a while now. It don't feel the need (intuition) for it. Because of my daily automatic meditation. The meditation I practice is Deep Breathing not (AYAM). I don't know why but it just feels good and something drives me to do Deep Breathing Meditation instead of Deep Meditation.

Is there a lot of purification going on constantly?
Should I focus on opening my 3rd Eye?

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  1:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LordBuzzKill,

The point between the eyebrows is called, "the third eye." Why? What is it that we can see through there? In the language of chakras, it is called, "ajna," which means, "command" or "control." These two descriptions point to the importance of the energy dynamics that come up in our head as a result of advanced yoga practices. Not only do we begin to see something there, but we also are in command there. ~Yogani

You could introduce sambhavi if you didn't already automatically. Do you use Spinal Breathing Pranayama?
It is up to you if you are taking up a daily practice again.

See lesson:http//:www.aypsite.org/56.html

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  5:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps the solar centering enhancement might be worth considering? To draw attention away from the head...
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  7:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charliedog,

I don't do Spinal Breathing Pranayama because it has a conflict with Deep Breathing Meditation. That's how before I was having problems with Deep Meditation. Spinal Breathing Pranayama and Deep Breathing Meditation are too close and they end up conflicting with each other, so I was told. Plus without Deep Meditation, Spinal Breathing Pranayama is only going to make weeds grow in my mind. Said one of the lessons.

Hmm would it be ok if the focus of it was opening the 3rd eye like lesson 56 says but without having issues of weeds growing because I am not doing Deep Meditation?

Hi Bodhi Tree,

I will take a closer look at lesson 368 solar centering enhancement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to add that the feeling in my 3rd eye is a strong pressure. That is what forces my attention there.

Thank you, I will read the lessons and see what I can do.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on May 27 2017 7:22:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  12:29:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Could you tell what you do during the day? You write you don't practice, but if I read between your words I see during the day automatic DBM. Correct me if I am wrong. Strong pressure sensations in thirth eye could mean overload in this way. Please explain for correct advice.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  03:04:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charliedog,

I workout on a regular basis. Whenever I am thinking or focused on something I usually end up going into automatic breathing meditation I noticed. Mostly my meditation practice now is automatic, I do from time to time practice it actively. After 4+ years from the overload I had when I was having way too much fun with AYAM meditation. So I am taking it slow and it's very enjoyable for me this way. I am just going with the flow and there are improvement through automatic meditation. Better focus, more productivity, and more relaxed you get the idea.

I would love to practice more but it's not coming to me. I have been over sensitive ever since the overload so I take it slow now. Once things change and I can actively go back I will do it in a heart beat.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on May 28 2017 04:29:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  09:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LordBuzzKill,

If you observe the breath in automatic meditation, we can call it meditation, but if you influence the breath it's pranayama. There is a difference. If we use pranayama and no meditation we are working the soil and not planting seeds. So if your attention is often in the third eye and you use during the day automatic DBM it is possible to overload.

Meditation is a way of influencing prana with the mind taking the lead. The human mind arises from a flow of energy through the nerves of the brain. In meditation, we systematically allow that energy (prana) to become still, which brings us to the underlying cause of that energy. We experience it as pure silent bliss consciousness. In meditation, the attention is easily brought beyond the mind, and beyond prana. It is an extraordinary natural ability we have.

Besides meditation, there are other ways to influence prana to facilitate the purification of the nervous system for joining of our inner and outer nature. As mentioned, managing the breath can have a noticeable effect on our experience. By restraining the breath in certain ways we can produce certain predictable effects. This is the science of "pranayama," which means, "restraint of prana." In terms of what we do externally, it is called breath control. But there is more to pranayama than physical control of the breath. Other actions are brought to bear that deepen and broaden the effects of the breath. The mind is involved, and so is the body in ways other than by controlling the breath. Taken together, these actions loosen and cultivate the nervous system in ways that greatly enhance the effects of our core practice of meditation.

Think of the nervous system as the soil, and of pure bliss consciousness as the seed. We have been awakening the silent seed through regular daily meditation. Now we will be cultivating the soil of our nervous system so the seed of pure bliss consciousness will grow to be dynamic and strong in us.
from lesson 39

Hope this helps

Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  1:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charliedog,

Now I see my problem. I go from automatic meditation right into breath control. That will do it. I am so used to breath control, as I was taught in Kung Fu and have been practicing it for a very long time. How can I add the seed to it? I am afraid that this unlearning if I have to do might uh take forever.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on May 28 2017 1:35:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - May 29 2017 :  9:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your help, Charliedog and Bodhi Tree.

I have no problems with my meditation right now. I am just noticing things and I am enjoying the ride because I am in control of the speed at which I am driving my car. That is why I asked about pressure in the 3rd eye now before any problems arise. I found that Solar Centering Enhancement helps me relive that pressure. I will need more practice to see how things turn out. Because the other option would be to let go of my 17 years of breath control meditation practice. Which could take a while. I came to rely upon it a lot over the years.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 30 2017 :  01:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lord BuzzKill,

It is great to have found a practice we can rely on, like you do. I don't have experience with KungFu, we all have to find our own way. There are many ways to Rome, happy to hear solar centering is working for you. As Yogani says:

The Guru is in you

Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2017 :  12:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Bodhi Tree,

Thanks, just reporting in after a long time to say that solar centering enhancement has really helped me a lot. It has off loaded a lot of pressure from my 3rd eye without any negative side effects.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2017 :  9:09:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Superb. Great to hear, LBK. Onward, comrade.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000