AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 No process of Liberation/Enlightenment/Moksha
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eputkonen

USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  8:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit eputkonen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Sometimes Awakening is called Liberation. We think we are making progress in the process of freeing ourselves from bondageā€¦but Awakening (i.e. Liberation) is realizing you were never in bondage in the first place. Upon Awakening, you clearly realize that all of that time you spent in the process of freeing yourself from bondage was the delusion of bondage itself.

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  10:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Totally agree Eputkonen. Self realization is being able to live with your statement 24/7 without becoming distracted by the show of illusion. However we need to be patient with ourselves, in working it all out. What we learn from the seemingly pointless delusion you reference, the search and the effort to free ourselves, is essential. It's like we have to unwrap the illusion bit by bit. No one can do it for us, and thus we find it necessary to blaze our own individual trail - our unique spiritual path.

While what you are saying is clearly true, it wasn't at all obvious to me from the getgo. We merrily go round and round studying how to do it or get it, fine tuning our devotion/ bhakti and pursuing strategies for our supposed enlightenment. Maybe we finally see our efforts aren't working. Imo it's extremely difficult to 1)remain present, 2)quit attachment/ aversion, and 3)effectively quiet the tyranny of thinking derived from past experience. Not to mention developing the capacity for integrating difficult emotion, which is undoubtedly the most challenging of all. From my perspective, none of this can be bypassed. The letting go takes time and extraordinary courage, if we manage a way to come by it.

I think most of us need to learn by trying all manner of different approaches. When all the efforting finally wears us out (if it does), then we may be properly surrendered to what was with us all along. But we usually don't appreciate it - our natural state - without being exhausted from trying to get what we already have, and are. Much of our efforting may constitute a method of staying spiritually grounded, while a more or less gradual process of blockage removal and purification commences.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Domos

30 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  1:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, eputkonen, yet let me ask you:

Who are you that realizes that?

("you clearly realize that all of that time you spent in the process of freeing yourself from bondage was the delusion of bondage itself.")

Who has such knowledge?
Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  3:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awakening indeed gets you awake from delusion of being in bondage, I've spent 10 years suffering for nothing. 10 whole years I've seen my body, mind and emotion fall into a rot.

My mind wanted to pierce through, but was stuck on duality. But with just few words from a wise guru, Duality ended and world became one. Mind became silent and started working for me, kundalini rose and started fixing my body as if it is trying to get it to certain level before it can truly completely awaken me.

I found it strange...things I've been so anxious about, things I was addicted to, things that stressed me ended up looking like a joke. I can just throw them off so easily that it was not even funny. Just take the example of Alcohol...it does almost next to nothing, I can't be thrown into unawareness anymore...no matter how much I drink all I feel is alcohol burning my insides and a bit of warmth...it cannot numb the mind it stays awake unwilling to go back down, dizzyness also dissappeared, I used to get dizzy with almost anything but it just dissappear, anxiety felt like it never had a place in my life.

Without knowing I was walking this path, naturally from a young age. It only came into fruition when I am 22.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000