Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Khechari Mudra Stage 2 and Urge to Puke
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

onkarkumar31

India
6 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  06:07:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit onkarkumar31's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear seekers,

This is my first post here so I'll quickly introduce myself.Also English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistake.I am a serious spiritual seeker with a little patience to continue with one practice for a long therefore I have been practicing different type of meditations,mantra since 13 years of age.It always tempt me to do something which is positive but difficult to achieve.As initiated in one of the spiritual lineages in 2007, I have been into occasional/casual practice of Khechari stage 1, .In between I was busy in exploring the taste of various spiritual practices like Yoga,Healing,meditations,Chanting,tantra etc.As a result of this I was expert at none, but yeah, I had many spiritual experiences w.r.t different practices.So with gradual and more deep experiences, craving for some more was always there and these days it's getting more intense.

Ok now lets come to the point.After I stumbled upon this forum, since then one of the topic is always open even when I am at office.This forum helped me a lot to clear my doubts regarding Khechari Mudra. However my madness to attain khechari stage 2 started after I went through Kriya-Yoga experiences of a person on Yoga forum ( Link). And I became determined to achieve it, without leaving it in between at this time.I just want to inform that I read/research a lot before starting something. Although I know that everyone's experience is different, but my hunger to go though every possible experience I can find has no end :) . As per my understanding, there is a connection of frenulum with the thought pattern,So I decided not to cut it and only go with the talabhya kriya and stretching exercises. As per my experience thoughts decrease when frenelum is stretched, and each time with pressure of tongue on hard palate during Talabhya kriya, the pineal gland is stimulated. The day I started the practice I felt more concentrated and experienced significant reduction in desires. Which I think would be missed by a seeker who play with frenelum cutters.It is correct that attainment of khechari is the goal, but the systematic/natural way to it has a lot more to offer.Anyway people are free to practice whatever suits them best and hence the decision should be left for individuals to make.

I'll pull myself back to the point again . For the last 1.5 months I have practiced talabhya kriya like a mad person. Started with 10 repetitions thrice a day and increased it to 50-60 reparation three to four times a day.I also practiced to push my tongue with fingers .And very quickly my tongue was able to touch the Uvula but with a sudden urge to puke. I carried on this practice for 15-20 more days, and for the first time my tongue entered the cavity on 23rd of April . I was very very happy to finally attain this Mudra. With the continuous practice since then,I am only able to retain my tongue for a few seconds due to a sudden reflex to Puke.My tongue currently is trying to enter the space (it seems there is space above two nasal passages which I found today) . However when I try to do it, there is some energetic pressure in between the eybrows. The main issue is the urge to Puke , and happens frequently when my tongue touches the inner area, particularly the area below nasal openings.Any suggestion would be appreciated.Thank you

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  10:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi onkarkumar31

You bhakti is commendable, but rushing through practices is not a good strategy for long term success. The risk that you will burn out and crash is real and that can bring your spiritual journey to a halt. Remember the old adage "better lifetimes later than a minute too soon"? I strongly suggest that you read the lessons on self-pacing posted on this website. Yogani has published some powerful practices here, under the caution (repeated many times throughout the lessons) that practitioners proceed with prudence.

quote:
Originally posted by onkarkumar31
With the continuous practice since then,I am only able to retain my tongue for a few seconds due to a sudden reflex to Puke.My tongue currently is trying to enter the space (it seems there is space above two nasal passages which I found today) . However when I try to do it, there is some energetic pressure in between the eybrows. The main issue is the urge to Puke , and happens frequently when my tongue touches the inner area, particularly the area below nasal openings.
There is a very simple answer to your question: You are not ready for this practice yet.
I am sure you already know this, or you would not be talking about your "madness to attain khechari stage 2".
You are getting a clear signal that the system is not prepared for it. You need to do more purification through less aggressive practices. Please go back to Kechari stage 1. If that causes adverse effects, then go back to whatever schedule of practice gives you stability and work steadily from there. Let your bhakti show through patience and steadiness. As Yogani says, "Rome was not built in one day". It is indeed madness to presume it can be otherwise.

Practice wisely and enjoy

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on May 19 2017 11:12:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

onkarkumar31

India
6 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  01:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit onkarkumar31's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I find most of the time word Khechari is misspelled as Kechari. It may be due to the sound for 'K' or 'Kh' would be the same in English, but it is as different as K as in 'Duck' and 'Kind' respectively.Also I found that the word Mudra is misunderstood as some Seal, whereas in Yoga, the Mudra stands for a posture. So Khechari mudra doesn't mean any sort of seal to some mysterious gate, but a posture. For ex- In Hindi it is frequently used if a person is serious then he is in "Gambheer(serious) Mudra (posture).However in other contexts Mudra can have different meaning - like Currency, stamp/seal etc but not in Yogic context.I hope I am making some sense

Hi BlueRaincoat,

Thank you for going through my lengthy post and posting an insightful reply.I have kept your valuable advice to proceed with prudence as Yogani suggested, as an important note.

quote:
There is a very simple answer to your question: You are not ready for this practice yet.

As already said, this Mudra is not new to me.I knew about it since 13-14 years of age, due to lot of readings of spiritual books.But the practice of stage 1 started in year 2007 and since then, I had the wish to go further and to achieve stage 2.My first serious attempt was during year 2010, when I learnt Talabhya Kriya from Ennio Nimis website, but left the practice in between.So this time I had made a vow to not to leave in between and practice till success is achieved.During my meditation sessions also I use to experience a craving for my tongue to go further from stage 1 and hence I decided to give it a serious attempt.

Issue that currently I am facing is the puke reflex.I am not sure but it can be due to my inner area is more sensitive.This urge to puke comes also if I try to touch area near Uvula with my finger, so I think sensitivity would be the reason.Furthermore I can do Anulom Vilom Pranayam while in stage 2 but not for long and hope that the duration would increase with practice and time.

Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  5:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi! congrats for reaching stage 2.In my case the puke reflex happened also at the beginning, I stopped the Khechari attempt when it happened and kept trying the next day, and in a few days it was gone.
Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

onkarkumar31

India
6 Posts

Posted - May 29 2017 :  01:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit onkarkumar31's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Will Power,

Initially it is very sensitive, but with further more trials Khechari time increases gradually. I hope stage will become more comfortable with time and practice.These days I have automatic urge to keep my tongue rolled up and touching uvula all over the time, which I do knowingly or unknowingly.However, I have reduced the physical effort to push my tongue with fingers to attain it and waiting for it to happen automatically with more spiritual practice.

Just want to add an important point for the seekers who are still in the way to stage 2 with the Talabhya Kriya >> As I have attended this stage without any cut and only through Talabhya kriya and stretching, it is very important to give 100 % effort to attain it easily. For success it requires, Talabhya kriya starting from 10-15 repetitions 3 times a day to 50-60 repetitions 3-4 times a day continuously without any break to achieve it. The point is never overdo it and also at the same time never let the Frenulum heal completely, otherwise with each recovery it will get thicker and would require more efforts later on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000