Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Stuck energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  11:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It feels like I have some energy stuck at the top of the spine where, if you tilt the head back a little,it's right there in that little divit between the top vertebrae and base of the skull. I also seem to have the compulsive urge to do neck rotations.I guess to try and get it moving.

I do a couple of asana's that seem to help a little
Rabbit Pose https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...bit_pose.jpg
that I modified a little by interlocking the fingers behind the back,straightening the arms and locking the elbows and then raising them toward the head. Really loosens up the spine between the shoulder blades

And the Camel Pose https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...mel_Pose.jpg

I'm considering adding a little self pacing but other suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Edited by - lateralus on May 13 2017 11:21:58 PM

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - May 14 2017 :  12:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If your practice is stable, I'd recommend chin pump jadlandara (http://www.aypsite.org/139.html) for it combines the physical manipulation of the neck and facilitates the movement of prana in the body. It is done after SBP and before DM. A word of caution, it is a dynamic energy exciter, so start with one rotation each way for a while to see how it feels to you. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - May 16 2017 :  8:42:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That chin pump is a game changer,lol. It got the energy moving in a bigger way than I expected. Yogani wasn't kidding when he said it really pumps the prana. I held kumbhaka once going left,and once going right,for about 10 rotations. Does the amount of time we hold the breath impact the strength of the technique,or is it the overall practice of the rotations plus kumbhaka? Right now the overall practice is around 1 minute.

Thanks Dogboy.

Edited by - lateralus on May 16 2017 9:13:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  6:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Lateralus,

It is my belief it is both the rotations and kumbaca that make this so dynamic. Ten seconds sounds good to start; if you become very comfortable/stable after awhile, you can either increase the duration of kumbaca or do a second set at ten seconds, and of course scale back it the practice is unsettling. I really enjoy the practice but respect its power and do less rather than more.
Go to Top of Page

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - May 18 2017 :  01:35:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah,I'm gonna watch the pacing on this one.It showed it's power to move the energy.

Thanks for the help Dogboy,much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000