Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 chronic fatigue and peculiar energy patterns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nikitph

USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 08 2017 :  6:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello and namaste to all. I am an avid yoga enthusiast. 6 years ago i contracted a viral fever and since then i have been suffering from CFS. putting labels aside it manifests itself in my body as extreme fatigue and a severe lack of energy. I have taken the best foods and best supplements to no avail. Only energy work has proven to be useful in going in the direction i want to go. based on my experiences it seems my agni is completely depleted. everything below swadisthana is extremely sluggish and my mind extremely rajasic. i cant seem to be able to extract significant ojas from the food I eat. I take around 4 oz of blanched almonds which are providing me with * some * energy. No meat. energetically i feel i have a broken pipe which is leaking all my vital energy from it. a little more esoteric experience follows. I feel completely fine in the compounds of properly consecrated shiva temples ( like jyotirlingas) its almost as if something that is off turns on in its vicinity.

does my experience ring any bells? do you identify something that you might have seen or heard that might help mitigate this? my life is completely topsy-turvy because of this and i cant think of what to do. I have been taking hcl pills for my digestion but i need to rekindle my agni somehow. i have also taken bitters and spices and while they help they are not a fix. any help will be surely appreciated

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - May 08 2017 :  9:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Short of Yogani responding, Christi is the yogi to PM. Know that he is in the midst of AYP Teacher Training in France and will not respond for at least a week. I'm afraid I have nothing to offer you Nikitph, other than to massage muscles with scented oils. Good luck and health to you.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  02:44:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
An Ayurvedic doctor is an idea, it helped me to balance my energy. It is worth to try. Find an experienced one from India. For sure they also tell you to massage with special herb oils like Dogboy already mentioned.

I don't know how you feel about this but it could help you to listen to Shiva mantra. Just sit or lie down eyes closed and listen. If this speaks to you, find the one which touches you most and start or finish your daily practice with listening to this mantra. Mantra is healing. You can find them on you-tube, Spotify or here at the forums at books, audio etc.

Wishing you balance. Health, Strength, Unity

Edited by - Charliedog on May 09 2017 02:55:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  2:44:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can relate to chronic fatigue and rajasic mind and one thing that helped me was regular exercise, (3-4 times a week) not just cardio, but also weight training, as appropriate to your level of fitness. Someone told me that cutting down sugar is good for over-active mind, although I am yet to try that. If you are going to an Ayurvedic, they could perhaps give you herbal remedies as well. Good luck in finding a solution soon.
Go to Top of Page

nikitph

USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  3:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you all. I appreciate your responses. I will look into ayurveda further than i already have.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  04:07:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, go the medical route and check for suspects like lyme disease.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 14 2017 :  08:20:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nikitph

I subscribe to what has been said above. Keep up your yoga practice making sure you self-pace.

dv2014's advice is spot on. You should try strength training. You will be amazed at how good it is at building up a feeling of strength at the core - the perfect antidote to chronic fatigue. That plus meditation will gradually solve the problem.

All the best to you.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - May 15 2017 :  4:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nikitph

If you're unfamiliar with Ayurveda, this may help.

One of the first things you'll want to do is determine the primary dosha of your constitution. There are three Ayurvedic doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Vatas often have weak agni because they aren't good at routine, including meal routines. Agni functions optimally when balanced meals are consumed at approximately the same time each day. We are healthier when agni is strong; agni loves routine and functions much better when we eat our meals on schedule. You should have your last meal at least 2 or 3 (preferably 3) hours prior to retiring. Having a good appetite and being hungry before meals is an indication of strong agni.

So first develop the routine, and then try to eat only when hungry. If it's time to eat and you aren't hungry, then you could drink a beverage or have a very light meal, perhaps a piece of fruit, at mealtime. And if you are hungry but it isn't time yet for your meal, then just wait until it is time, as you'll probably still be hungry then. (For those of us who don't come by this naturally, it does take a bit of training.)

I'm Vata and in the past have frequently had a poor appetite, or no appetite. I had a bad habit of going for days eating very little or nothing at all and hardly noticed until I became ravenously hungry. Needless to say, that isn't healthy, but unfortunately many Vatas do just that. Unless they discipline themselves, Vatas can forget to eat as it's not a high priority. It should be. I finally have a meal routine and a decent appetite most days, but I've had to work at it.

Pungent taste is best for stimulating agni. If you are able to fast for a day or two, that may also help get the digestive fire going.

Edited by - parvati9 on May 15 2017 5:09:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

nikitph

USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  3:30:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for your replies. Parvati, yes i checked. I am a high vata type. I think i did not catch it and the stupid western hype over fats being bad led me to avoid fat for a large portion of my life as there is history of high cholesterol in my body. the vata has gone mostly unchecked becuase of that. and then at a critical juncture in my life i think the ama was too much and everything just crashed ( this was oct 2011). Since then my immune system is completely messed up. And yes it surely has to do with agni. As i can feel my food is not being assimilated at all. or whatever is being absorbed is a leaking all over the place. Anyone know of a strong vata pacifier?
Go to Top of Page

sarahjohnny

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2017 :  01:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit sarahjohnny's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This reminded me of my own experience. Just want to know, have you had a setback in your life that led to this CFS?

In my case if occured due to a graveous set back. I went into severe depression for almost two years. I felt really weak all the time and the energy was drained from my body like it never came.

I read a few self help books, started changing my way of looking at life. Like, things happen and we should accept our faults and move on.

I think you need to reshape the way you look at life too.

The energy is only being drained because your body is not accepting it. It will accept it when your mind lets it.

And as others say, look for a good Ayurvedic doctor. I hope you get well soon
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2017 :  10:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nikitph,

I believe there is a cleansing procedure in Ayurveda, so I don't think it would be appropriate to just start a supplement.
Go to Top of Page

nickyryu

France
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2017 :  02:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nikitph it is because of your "yogic" diet.
There is "etheric matter" in meat/eggs, veganism is a pitfall for the yogic commmunity.
This energy is processed by the perineum centers (the conversion is increased by tantric activity). Energies from sattvic food are NOT able to start the fire from the perineum, they can't interact with muladhara, they are way too subtle.
eggs=>tantra=>hunger=>yoga session=>sattvic meal

Edited by - nickyryu on Jul 21 2017 06:22:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2018 :  9:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't been on here much for a while, just now saw this thread. I hope by now you are feeling much better, nikitph. As a holistic wellness counselor with 22 years' background in mainstream medicine and a CFIDS/ME patient myself, I would like to offer my 2 cents' worth.

First of all, "chronic fatigue" is a vague term that can refer to a lot of different things and people often get them confused. Yes, you can feel fatigued from depression, a poor diet, pregnancy, lack of adequate exercise, as a secondary effect from an underlying illness (like Lyme or HIV), anemia, liver disease, etc. But these are not the same thing as "chronic fatigue syndrome" per se, or "myalgic encephalomyelitis" as it is called in Europe. CFS/ME is a diagnosis by exclusion, meaning the patient is tested for every other possible cause and if everything else is ruled out, you have CFS/ME. It is not clear to me whether nikitph has already had those tests to obtain the diagnosis.

If nikitph has been documented as having this disease, telling him to "get more exercise" or "have a positive attitude" or "clean out his chakras" is not going to fix the problem. And too much exercise can actually make it worse.

When I was struck down by CFIDS in 1991 I was a lifelong vegetarian, yogi, athlete, essentially the Poster Girl for a Healthy Lifestyle, the person who very rarely got sick even when everybody around me was sick; I might get a mild case for a day while others had it bad for weeks. In the summer of 1991 I had a strange flu-like viral illness (my immunologist suspected coxsackievirus, a relative of polio) that came out of nowhere and knocked me on my ass for a couple of weeks, and everything changed. I never quite recovered. And my immune system was shot to hell after that, so I would catch every cold, flu and anything else going around the office. If somebody coughed across the room I would catch it, and get it bad, progressing to pneumonia. I lost my job after using up all my sick days.

The mainstream doctors said there was no cure, I was "totally disabled" and would "never work again."

At that point I began my study of alternative/ holistic medicine, of which I'd previously been extremely skeptical but now had no other options. I tried a bunch of different things and some of them really worked. What worked best for me was a tonic called "Emperor's Chi" which was a blend of ginseng and other adaptogenic herbs.

I really like Ayurveda and found Deepak Chopra's book Perfect Health to be very useful. The book has a quiz to help you determine your body type and recommends dietary modifications to balance out the doshas. I am a pitta-vata. If you are highly vata, you will benefit from foods that are warm, oily and spicy. Not a "cure" per se, but might help. My mainstream doctors told me to start eating meat, but in retrospect that may have been a mistake. But, certainly if you're a delicate vata, a raw or vegan diet is not for you. I would consult an Ayurvedic physician.

As mentioned above, exercising too aggressively is not recommended. Always listen to your body! Gentle exercise like yoga asanas or tai chi is fine. Deep breathing is important and pranayama can help get agni fired up again.

The good news is, despite the doctors' predictions (and to their great surprise!), thanks to yoga and holistic medicine, my disease went mostly into remission, enabling me to work several jobs including teaching yoga on the side. At 54 I am in better shape than most "normal" people my age and working full-time, from home. I still don't have a properly functioning immune system and therefore don't work with the public, but otherwise am doing much better than expected. So there is hope! Hang in there. Wishing you well!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000