New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  7:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone,

A few months ago I went through a mild kundalini awakening where it felt like heat leaked out of my lower spine. After that for several weeks I would get traces of heat on random parts of my body that would only last several seconds. Other symptoms I have had was bolts of electricity going through my arms, that happened after a dream and months before the heat came out of my spine. Also experiences of "tail wagging."

For a few weeks now the traces of heat has stopped, and in one of my meditations I got pretty deep in relaxation and the kundalini mildly exploded up my spine. It felt like a mild shower, almost reached my crown. I was startled and felt fear- the explosion only lasted a few seconds.

Now when I go into meditation I feel like I am sitting on a rocket ship waiting to take off with varying intensity. My lower spine shakes very hard at times, and its causing a lot of pain in my lower back.

I am wondering if anyone would know why this is happening or what steps I should take. I almost have this primal need for the energy to be released because of the pain its causing in my back!

(Btw I do 20 minutes of DM twice a day. 5 minutes of spinal breathing before DM. Yoga once daily. In the meantime I have a job as a teacher at a day care center.)

Thank you all and kind regards,

Nic

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  8:40:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nic,

I would take it very slowly now. Even advise to cut back on exercises, do more grounding, drink a lot of water.
You don't want the rocket to take off, it could get out of hand ! Be patient with yourself.
My 2 cts
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 03 2017 :  06:59:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nic,

Good advice of Wolfgang. I would self-pace, pain never is a good sign. You can read here all about kundalini http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

Take care, you need time to open up.
Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2017 :  2:17:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Speaking from experience, it is nothing special. Your energy is creating new nervous connections and supplying energy wherever is required, you don't need it move when it doesn't move.

I was bit worried myself so I can sympathize, but it's a minor thing. Just do gentle stretching, surya namaskar for good circulation with proper breath awareness.

But what happens later is the most worrying, there'll be pain in head later on, alot of buried emotions will come out, crying, getting angry for no reason at all, chronic exhaustion. But do not worry, these continue through weeks and persist but as soon as they are done you will feel AWESOME. Better stamina, better focus, better everything...even breathing pattern will change by itself.

Do Pranayama and if possible make it a regular thing. The pain will transfer to head, sometimes it will feel too strong but let it pass, do some meditation and it'll just slowly slowly go and you'll find yourself vibrating.

It's definately not a cherry picking process, it'll hurt...it'll HURT ALOT. prepare for it, and let it do whatever it does and make it easier to do whatever is required by eating, sleeping well. (If you cant sleep then do Ida breathing or any sleep inducing pranayam) It is going to put alot of strain on you so act carefully. If you try to suppress it, it'll be a bondage for life.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2017 :  01:57:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kentox

It is true that a kundalini awakening can be all those things you've mentioned but in my experience it does not have to be. The AYP way allows for a smooth kundalini awakening with none or little of the traumatic/dramatic side effects. I experienced non of the above - some discomfort at times but certainly no pain.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2017 :  04:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nic,

If you are experiencing discomfort during practices, or outside of practices, then that is a sign to self-pace by cutting back on practice times as Wolfgang and Charliedog mentioned above. If you are still experiencing pain, and the pain is so strong that you are not able to come back to the mantra during meditation, then you can use the procedure in lesson 15, allowing your attention to gently rest at the area where the pain is, until it dissolves.

If the pain is being caused by an energetic blockage, then resting the attention at the area where the pain is will help it to dissolve. I experienced this many years ago during a meditation retreat where I had a severe pain in the lower back for several days. By resting the attention with the pain, it dissolved and the prana then moved on up through the body with no adverse effects.

What happens during a kundalini awakening depends on many factors. One of the most important factor is the practices that someone is using. Some lead to a much easier awakening than others. It also depends on how someone is able to manage the self-pacing aspect of practice. If someone is self-pacing well, the journey is likely to much easier for them. It will also depend in part on that persons unique matrix of obstructions: The karma that they have accumulated during previous lives and during this lifetime. So it is not possible to say what will happen to any particular person in any given situation.

What is likely to happen is that the blockage will clear at some point and you will move on to the next stage of the awakening process. Other than that, any predictions about what may happen are largely unhelpful.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2017 :  11:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Dear Kentox

It is true that a kundalini awakening can be all those things you've mentioned but in my experience it does not have to be. The AYP way allows for a smooth kundalini awakening with none or little of the traumatic/dramatic side effects. I experienced non of the above - some discomfort at times but certainly no pain.

Sey

you can avoid pain to some degree if you are under someone that knows what is happening. But to eliminate pain and discomfort when your senses are stretched and your entire cycle is disrupted cannot be easily quelled.

As far as I know, I did not have any traumatic experience...I don't know why but my fears, anxiety and suffering mostly disappeared when it started working on me. I did feel blissful for few days but it dissappear soon after, and I ended up with endless torment of liver, throat and backpain.

Now I get 24/7 amrit rain from head, I feel overflowing with vitality. Body keeps ejecting all the waste out very very fast. It keeps going faster and faster. It'll be scary for anyone to go through that without knowing what the hell is going on and all that discomfort followed by bliss again and again...fear probably is inevitable.

What he is going through is exactly energy rising from back to head, It'll be discomforting at first but it'll get better and faster and faster as it goes. With light stretching it'll feel much better.

Also, it's not possible to evade your karmic unfolding with chakra activating things will come out, it's not something one can avoid. I used to addicted to masturbation, with balanced swadisthana that easily came under control, my shy personality became more fierce and combative with opening of manipura and unknown confidence began to shine, With anahata came ability to enjoy songs even more...increased vibration. Throat chakra let me cry out for hours venting all my past sadness and frustrations. Agna, made me feel nostalgic...I could see the auras that I could see when I was a child, as energy grows I can see even better and better But it also lead to very high intensity coming outta nowhere which I have really no idea what the hell just happened but I would end up getting irritated by random sounds, senses felt like they were stretched 24/7, it took 3 weeks to stabilize

Life transformation will bring pain, discomfort and immense change into one's life. It'll never be the same again. Pain that comes with it is essentially inevitable. All you can do is trust the process and make it easier for yourself. Only thing you can do for it to be not so dramatic or traumatic is to be straight with yourself, take responsibility for your actions and mend your mistakes you did crippling your body little by little.

Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2017 :  11:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kentox

All you can do is trust the process and make it easier for yourself.

Indeed ...

but those at the beginning stages of k awakening usually fight it, which is unfortunate yet understandable. Humans in general habitually pursue pleasure and avoid discomfort, even if that discomfort constitutes growth and progress on our path. It is seldom easy to break habitual patterns, due to the stability and comfort they tend to provide. Our natural response to kundalini transformation is to resist letting go of those habits. When we are quite frustrated and worn out from fighting our transformation, and finally realize that our efforts aren't working out, then and only then, do we come to understand that trusting the process is very very helpful in terms of mitigating discomfort. Surrendering to the divine in OneSelf is undoubtedly the same as awakening.

Looking forward to hearing more from you ...

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2017 :  7:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aw Pavarti, you are right. This message came just at the right time. I have realized that I am the one who won't let the flames rise. Shakti is sitting there beneath the surface rattling waiting for me to let go, and instead I run in fear and in protest that it can't be happening to me. Last night I had a dream I was bitten by a snake against my will and now this message. I really do feel kundalini is sending a message and to heed the call of surrender. Beautiful divine timing. Thank you my friend.
Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  09:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

quote:

All you can do is trust the process and make it easier for yourself.

Indeed ...

but those at the beginning stages of k awakening usually fight it, which is unfortunate yet understandable. Humans in general habitually pursue pleasure and avoid discomfort, even if that discomfort constitutes growth and progress on our path. It is seldom easy to break habitual patterns, due to the stability and comfort they tend to provide. Our natural response to kundalini transformation is to resist letting go of those habits. When we are quite frustrated and worn out from fighting our transformation, and finally realize that our efforts aren't working out, then and only then, do we come to understand that trusting the process is very very helpful in terms of mitigating discomfort. Surrendering to the divine in OneSelf is undoubtedly the same as awakening.

Looking forward to hearing more from you ...

love
parvati

It is funny how I never really hated or fought it to begin with. The more pain happened, the happier I got. I was intensely bored, fed up with the current life and decaying body.

In mere 4 months so much has been cleansed. Drinking habits, extra eating, self-loathing and overattachment has entirely almost disappeared.

I can hardly sympathize with people crying over about kundalini. It was much needed miracle that arrived timely, perhaps on perfect time. Even now it hurts alot from time to time, People whom i was attached to look like strangers, anxiety that came everytime something happened just disappeared, there is no stress.

This is nothing short of a miracle. My will to live over the time which had decayed just bounced back, my body is filled with vitality. I can wake up each day without thinking about nonsense and be filled with fresh feeling of living a new day than dwell.

I did everything in my power to strengthen its effects, stopped drinking, stopped eating nonsense, stopped dwelling...little by little you end up feeling cleaner, purer, perhaps even happier...

Pain is inevitable, it is...but what you get out of it is far greater. I didn't knew it'll show effects so fast, I somehow knew it would do good, I somehow knew everything is going to change when It first struck. That's why I never could sympathize with people who find it a issue, I understand their pain but not sympathizing with the cause.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  12:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Kentox,

From my experience with kundalini, if I make statements about how it is or how it should go, I get a day or two before I'm smack with the realization of the opposite. So who knows? Really, who knows?
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  5:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nic!

quote:
Originally posted by nic

Hello Everyone,

Now when I go into meditation I feel like I am sitting on a rocket ship waiting to take off with varying intensity. My lower spine shakes very hard at times, and its causing a lot of pain in my lower back.

Nic

I had the same feeling in 2013 after a few days of being initiated and practising according to KYI, with a lot of crown awareness. Actually I, as if sitting on a rocket, took off upwards at extreme speed (my awareness was traveling in the body upwards) and ended up hitting an invisible wall in the forehead, and resumed the usual state of awareness.
My question for you is, are you practising Solar centering during Deep Meditation? If not, I suggest to do it because it will probably eliminate the rocket sensation.

Kentox, thanks for your sharing. Regarding pain, in my case when I have felt energy entering Sushumna there was never pain, but a blissful sensation (sometimes super-ecstatic, other times not so much) and sometimes water-like energy reaching all the body, quite blissful.

However, once while I was meditating in Savasana after an intense practice and I was doing Japa mentally near the 3rd/4th chakra, my astral body started spinning in ecstay, then it stopped and I heard cracking sounds in my head, as if my skull was breaking and I feared that a big crack was going to happen which would produce a lot of pain. The crack happened but was basically painless, then saw a mandala and more scenary afterwards related to the tunnel (a pathway opened). My point is, I feared but it ended up being nothing.

Other times, however, the dormant energy appeared near the second chakra, but not in Sushumna in the spine, but more like in the center of the body (Medha Nadi). This felt very different than with energy in Sushumna, it was more electric and slightly painful (but tolerable). I placed my awareness in the next higher chakra, and the energy got pulled towards my awareness. I kept doing that until I reached the 6th chakra. At that moment the energy was radiating towards the jaw, probably reaching Saraswati Nadi and it was more painful there. So I, making a mistake, decided to carry it towards the first chakra. When it reached there, the electricity-like energy radiated towards the leg and it was unconfortable, so I decided to bring it up again, but when it reached again the second or third chakra it became dormant again.

I write about this so that people can learn from my mistake. It was explained to my by an advanced Yoga practitioner that I should have carried the energy that had awakened, chakra by chakra, towards the point 6 inches above the crown, or if I feared that, towards the heart center. At another time when this happened, certainly when it left the body through the crown, I stopped feeling any disconfort. I was explained that when one enters Sushumuna (the road to liberation) there is no "dirt" and therefore is not painful, and it is easier to enter Sushumna than unblocking Medha Nadi, which is full of dirt, but unblocking it is a high yogic achievement. Medha Nadi is a channel particularly opened in realized advaitins and is linked by Self Realization in the heart, facilitated in AYP by Chin Pump/Thokar.

Just to sum it up, follow the lessons and remember Solar Centering during Deep Meditation if you are not doing that already, and if you feel too much discomfort follow the good advices given to you in the posts above.
Everyone has different experiences, don get caught by scenary and follow the practices.
You may also want to self pace if needed using breath meditation as explained in the AYP lessons. I self-pace using OM mantra, since AYAM sometimes feels too powerful.

Edited by - Will Power on Sep 07 2017 6:05:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  11:12:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
It is funny how I never really hated or fought it to begin with. The more pain happened, the happier I got. I was intensely bored, fed up with the current life and decaying body .....

In mere 4 months so much has been cleansed .....

I can hardly sympathize with people crying over about kundalini. It was much needed miracle that arrived timely, perhaps on perfect time. Even now it hurts alot from time to time .....

This is nothing short of a miracle. My will to live over the time which had decayed just bounced back, my body is filled with vitality. I can wake up each day without thinking about nonsense and be filled with fresh feeling of living a new day .....

I did everything in my power to strengthen its effects, stopped drinking, stopped eating nonsense, stopped dwelling...little by little you end up feeling cleaner, purer, perhaps even happier...

Pain is inevitable, it is...but what you get out of it is far greater. I didn't knew it'll show effects so fast, I somehow knew it would do good, I somehow knew everything is going to change when It first struck. That's why I never could sympathize with people who find it a issue, I understand their pain but not sympathizing with the cause.

Dear Kentox
Thank you for sharing, I feel a genuine connection with what you are expressing. Finding your perspective needed, valuable, helpful ... and wanted to address the insightful parts of your recent post quoted above. Most of what is discussed here happened several (5 to 8) years ago. It was intensely challenging and, as a result, sympathy for others comes easily now. Unconsciously there may still be feelings of self pity, feeling sorry for myself, and this sympathy may be an aspect of processing my personal self-healing. It's unclear why you never hated or fought your k awakening, as it does appear that most people (maybe 70% or more?) needlessly suffer - due to hating, fearing and fighting it. So discovering your "secret" may be encouraging to others having difficulty with the process. Do you think being in India has helped in making a positive adjustment?

From the beginning, I had a love-hate relationship with k awakening or whatever it was, as I really didn't know what it was. I thought at first I was just sick, but the heightened energy was unlike any illness I had previously experienced. There were times when all was well and I was happy, even blissful, regardless of chaotic, intense, uncomfortable sense perceptions. Disregarding those sense perceptions, at least partially, was a gradual affair ... inevitable adaptation to the process and the radical way it forced my life to change. For quite a long time I desperately wanted my old life back! ...and I think this is a relatively common symptom for those undergoing the transformation.

At times I felt I would go mad unless the pressure let up. There were about six months of battle, intense fighting, heightened stress before I could begin to relax into it even a tiny bit. The only reason relaxation was possible was because I sensed that whatever was happening to me was inevitable and somehow God's will. Due to that inevitability and divine will, there was no point in fighting it and I knew I had to go with the flow, there was no choice in the matter. At that point I just wanted to get on with it and make it easier, to get done with it as soon as possible, to get it over with. Trusting the process was by default, I felt forced to trust the process. It wasn't my own volition, rather the universe was compelling me. I was being forced to have greater faith in the divine. And that meant trusting the process.

Of course it is a miracle, arguably the best and most helpful miracle one can experience. I usually refer to it as a gift, but your term miracle is more precise.

There was little or no realization how fed up with my life I had become prior to k awakening. It is only now after reading your comments that I realize that this was true for me also. But at the time I wasn't aware of it. In fact, at the deepest spiritual levels, I desperately wanted and required the necessary blockage removal, purification. So on a spiritual level the k awakening was always embraced and appreciated. Nonetheless I found myself continually asking and complaining - but why does it have to be so hard?

Your wonderfully clear statement: "Pain is inevitable, it is...but what you get out of it is far greater." This needs broadcasting. It really can't be said enough. Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious. It shows good effects very fast once the process is trusted. However when we fight or fear it, the discomfort lasts longer and the good effects take time to manifest.

Unlike you, it took me a while to 'get with the program'. And yes, eventually I also wanted to strengthen its effects - but I was at least 2 years into it when my attitude became more pragmatic and accepting.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. It is hoped that you will continue to do so.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  05:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

quote:
It is funny how I never really hated or fought it to begin with. The more pain happened, the happier I got. I was intensely bored, fed up with the current life and decaying body .....

In mere 4 months so much has been cleansed .....

I can hardly sympathize with people crying over about kundalini. It was much needed miracle that arrived timely, perhaps on perfect time. Even now it hurts alot from time to time .....

This is nothing short of a miracle. My will to live over the time which had decayed just bounced back, my body is filled with vitality. I can wake up each day without thinking about nonsense and be filled with fresh feeling of living a new day .....

Dear Kentox
Thank you for sharing, I feel a genuine connection with what you are expressing. Finding your perspective needed, valuable, helpful ... and wanted to address the insightful parts of your recent post quoted above. Most of what is discussed here happened several (5 to 8) years ago. It was intensely challenging and, as a result, sympathy for others comes easily now. Unconsciously there may still be feelings of self pity, feeling sorry for myself, and this sympathy may be an aspect of processing my personal self-healing. It's unclear why you never hated or fought your k awakening, as it does appear that most people (maybe 70% or more?) needlessly suffer - due to hating, fearing and fighting it. So discovering your "secret" may be encouraging to others having difficulty with the process. Do you think being in India has helped in making a positive adjustment?

From the beginning, I had a love-hate relationship with k awakening or whatever it was, as I really didn't know what it was. I thought at first I was just sick, but the heightened energy was unlike any illness I had previously experienced. There were times when all was well and I was happy, even blissful, regardless of chaotic, intense, uncomfortable sense perceptions. Disregarding those sense perceptions, at least partially, was a gradual affair ... inevitable adaptation to the process and the radical way it forced my life to change. For quite a long time I desperately wanted my old life back! ...and I think this is a relatively common symptom for those undergoing the transformation.

At times I felt I would go mad unless the pressure let up. There were about six months of battle, intense fighting, heightened stress before I could begin to relax into it even a tiny bit. The only reason relaxation was possible was because I sensed that whatever was happening to me was inevitable and somehow God's will. Due to that inevitability and divine will, there was no point in fighting it and I knew I had to go with the flow, there was no choice in the matter. At that point I just wanted to get on with it and make it easier, to get done with it as soon as possible, to get it over with. Trusting the process was by default, I felt forced to trust the process. It wasn't my own volition, rather the universe was compelling me. I was being forced to have greater faith in the divine. And that meant trusting the process.

Of course it is a miracle, arguably the best and most helpful miracle one can experience. I usually refer to it as a gift, but your term miracle is more precise.

There was little or no realization how fed up with my life I had become prior to k awakening. It is only now after reading your comments that I realize that this was true for me also. But at the time I wasn't aware of it. In fact, at the deepest spiritual levels, I desperately wanted and required the necessary blockage removal, purification. So on a spiritual level the k awakening was always embraced and appreciated. Nonetheless I found myself continually asking and complaining - but why does it have to be so hard?

Your wonderfully clear statement: "Pain is inevitable, it is...but what you get out of it is far greater." This needs broadcasting. It really can't be said enough. Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious. It shows good effects very fast once the process is trusted. However when we fight or fear it, the discomfort lasts longer and the good effects take time to manifest.

Unlike you, it took me a while to 'get with the program'. And yes, eventually I also wanted to strengthen its effects - but I was at least 2 years into it when my attitude became more pragmatic and accepting.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. It is hoped that you will continue to do so.

love
parvati

You asked for why I didn't I ever fought the awakening to begin with...

I have been very self aware even as a child. I have been aware of my actions since I was 4, I remmember waking up aware and feeling my heart beating. With such a puny body even my heartbeat felt like pain to me.

I simply have felt the idea of being whole, and then when you end up being incomplete and stuck in duality, it tears a whole part of experience of life from you. It hurts, not physically but you always feel incomplete...like something is missing, you lost something. But what exactly is lost? it never comes into perspective until one dives deep.

unknowingly I delved deep into matters of mind, unknowingly arriving at path of Jnana yoga, For moments in my life I remember having a enlightenment over small questions I had...one day I was coming from swimming class and boom, information entered my entire body out of nowhere, question was answered by a natural phenomenon just by looking at a tree leaf. I was unaware how this happens but happened over and over. as long as I had a question there'll be a answer and it came with such astounding clarity which I can never even think of words to describe it.

I kept my questions, they wouldn't be answered immediately. Sometimes it took weeks, somethings months, sometimes years. I had no way of accelerating the process nor a idea of how this works.

but everything changed when I started looking at videos of Sadhguru Jaggi vasudev. For me at first it was pass time, I enjoyed his witty nature, so why not. But it blew my mind when he started talking about exact small enlightenment I had about small things...with such great detail. It's ****ing impossible, how does he know? Exact same words, Exact same lines...Even answered some of my questions without knowing with such immaculate reasoning and understanding...my mind was blown but that was exactly what I needed and boom went dynamite, everything went quite. No thoughts ever mindlessly chattered, mind started working for me not against me.

It was not flashy, At first mind quietening down simply helped me sleep better. Afterwards I had uncontrollable urge to meditate. Then urge to do pranayama, I just followed through without having a single idea of what I was doing I awakened sushumna and was bathing is Ecstasy for 3 whole days. Afterwards ecstasy dropped I tried to pursue it but it wasn't easy, so I made plan to do yoga just simply pursuing it. Not long after pains started and I understood kundalini awakening is beginning. I simply knew it was going to begin, simply read about it and with great confidence followed through. It worked with remarkable results coming out of it.

It was only recently I could understand what truly happened. Even as I say that new things might emerge tomorrow and what I said might seem smaller in perspective tommorow but I found that in general I was never completely off the base. I simply don't have the complete picture there are more things at play.

In yoga there are 3 kinds of people Heart, Head or Body dominant people.

Hearty people do bhakti, Head people are intellectuals, Body people are karma yogis.

Depending on your nature one chooses unknowingly one of the few paths. When you reach a certain point, kriyas automatically happen. This what you call kundalini awakening.

Whether your heart knows, body knows, or head knows something that is far beyond senses and gains a understanding it finally wants to connect.

For head dominant people like me, Kriyas end up happening to restructure the body so I can taste what it means to have Bhakti and Karma in my life. All 4 paths are very much joined.

When all 4 come together the path to ultimate will become a reality but it'll need alot of work done of the body to make it capable to withstanding such bliss and energy.

I didn't felt as much bliss as people here do, because I was a person who has been living in his head, locked in his mind for long. Only recently I could feel vibrations, bliss and joy like no other as my body was restructured. But I simply knew what to do, I never followed a guru, nor followed a creed, knowledge simply came, i simply acted.

It is the way you arrived to this level that determines your progress and perhaps initial feelings. for Head dominant person like it is very important to know, so I meditated on it for days upon days, inquiring why things happened the way it did and finally it falls into perspective little by little but yet there are still million more questions. It is not that I am saying "THIS IS IT, there is no other way" There can be other ways, other experiences but mine was like that. To this day I can't get drunk, dizzy or whatever. Body can, mind cannot waver...not one bit. It simply doesn't let me fall back into unawareness. I assure you this is not a siddhi, this the way of mind, I have reached a milestone but it won't go any further without a proper base to carry it through hence awakening was needed.

Kundalini awakening will tear apart your chronic ailments, without your permission and you'll end up falling sick. First is always liver encumbrance for most people(manipura), I never had a heart problem but my breathing changed by itself(anahata), Throat issues cleared up, voice became strong and clear(visshudhi) ended up giving me right nostril only cold, endlessly streaming out of just right nostril, My sinus infection which became chronic was forcefully removed, holy crap that hurt like hell(agna) I couldn't sleep for days almost I had too much excess energy when that was happening.

Pain in spine comes because kundalini is trying to move, trying facing northward and change positions directing kundalini to head slowly slowly and watch it fall and feel the bliss of amrit.

At first it is slow, and moves only when it wants to, but you can hasten the process by mantras but it will be painful, no doubt.

Kundalini will not be trapped, it can't get stuck, it always goes round and round through microcosm orbit but one doesn't always have the necessary awareness to see it through.

Just try stretching the next time and see the difference, pain does not disappear but your joints will face a tremendously great benefit from stretching. Afterwards just sit down and meditate. You will feel much better doing it now than normal.

The explosion one feels is actually orgasm, kundalini is no different than your sexual energy. Reason it keeps getting your spine is because it's the governor vessel, while front one is conception vessel. When you put your awareness on the part kundalini is in, you'll get aroused hence the blissful feeling(also remember to belly breathe to activate the parasympathetic nerves) Kundalini has natural tendency to enter spine, especially so for East headed sleepers.

Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  5:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2017 :  6:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for responding.

Just another update
I do feel a lot like you Kentox, I have been wanting that intensity lighting bolts and all.The rocketship feeling totally went away, but I still experience the heat leaking out my spine. If I were to tilt my head backwards, I feel the heat there too and in my skull. Its everywhere really a mild gentle heat. If I do the "I am" mantra while meditating, energy from the root rises up and sends a warm silent vibrating love to my heart. Theres no other signs than that. I don't know if I need a spinal sweep and dramatic kriyas and electricity shocking my body to constitute a fully embodied kundalini awakening, but I am blessed that it is smooth. I think I am for the most part, going through all the emotions and other facets of clearing well enough for it to be a painless gentle unfolding.

I practice the Wim-hof breath which cleanses the nervous system rapidly for 10-20 mins, satkriya for 3, pranayama for 5 and DM for 20.

Kind regards,

Nicole

Edited by - nic on Sep 16 2017 7:45:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  01:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nic

Thank you all for responding.

Just another update
I do feel a lot like you Kentox, I have been wanting that intensity lighting bolts and all.The rocketship feeling totally went away, but I still experience the heat leaking out my spine. If I were to tilt my head backwards, I feel the heat there too and in my skull. Its everywhere really a mild gentle heat. If I do the "I am" mantra while meditating, energy from the root rises up and sends a warm silent vibrating love to my heart. Theres no other signs than that. I don't know if I need a spinal sweep and dramatic kriyas and electricity shocking my body to constitute a fully embodied kundalini awakening, but I am blessed that it is smooth. I think I am for the most part, going through all the emotions and other facets of clearing well enough for it to be a painless gentle unfolding.

I practice the Wim-hof breath which cleanses the nervous system rapidly for 10-20 mins, satkriya for 3, pranayama for 5 and DM for 20.

Kind regards,

Nicole

This is new thing I noticed, the electricity or heat in body is yang. If you cultivate that you'll become absolutely intense. You are probably doing the same surya kriya like thing as I did. If you sleep in east, It's gonna get very hard without spending that much energy. Even with my sh*tty stamina I felt like I was inexhaustible, just wouldn't get tired of running.

you have 2 ways of dealing with this, let this get intense and use it for meditation, it might hurt a little though but if you believe you can handle it, nothing is more better. Second is you do ida breathing, eat cold foods and create a coolness in system to cancel out excess heat generation. Sleep in the head towards west direction(It will not sort out everything just make it very very slow.)

It's good that it is working stable up-till now, just remember to exercise everyday without fail, especially more when you don't have work so you can maintain the status quo. What you feel is nothing wrong, just buildup of yang energy in body. If you gradually build your body in such a way that it is comfortable with the amount of practice you do, you'll get a body that supports high energy. Working all day wouldn't tire you at all.
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2017 :  12:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Kentox, I appreciate you organic views. I do try to balance the energies throughout the day and on some occasions my back does turn quite cold. The heat is nice though, it has a comforting light bliss about it.

Kind regards,

Nicole
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2017 :  2:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys, I wanted to give another update.

My awakening started almost a year ago. I was shocked with random volts of electricity in the beginning, but since then kundalini hasn't really taken off other than excessive heat here and there. Emotional upheaval is very evident, but the main issue I've been dealing with is sexually related.

I feel like I was thrown into to the world too soon, surrounded by other intuitive people who can feel me deeply and it has triggered a number of things that were unconscious within me. It seems I've manifested an entity possibly my shadow aspect that is incredibly sexual. Over the last year, my sexual energy is very loud and uncontrollable. I can't talk to someone without fearing that I am sending them this energy, its like a transparent button that anyone can press and it leaves me feeling so exposed and out of control. I feel this being 24/7 wrapping around my legs sending intense sexual energy and when it does my first response is to clinch and hold it cause usually the people I talk to can feel it.
I don't really know what to do cause I am split between wanting to ground and isolate myself and wanting to break free. I haven't really integrated everything thats happened between obtaining sacred knowledge and being hit with many intense mystical experiences that destroyed everything I ever believed in on top of these erratic sexual impulses. I kind of want to run away from all of these intuitive people cause its started a paranoid delusional state to where when I try to purge I feel I am going to send them my stuff, and sometimes I do and they tell me randomly. I can feel myself stepping into my power and then in an instant someone messages me and says "you're stepping into you power." Its just too much and I feel invaded but that I almost asked for it.

What do you guys think I should do? Thank you and kind regards.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2017 :  5:17:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nic

Reading trough this thread, I can see you were practising yoga to excess for some months at least. Have you heeded our advice eventually? Have you been self-pacing and grounding?

Please let us know what practice routine, if any, you've been following in recent months.
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2017 :  7:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hi Nic

Reading trough this thread, I can see you were practising yoga to excess for some months at least. Have you heeded our advice eventually? Have you been self-pacing and grounding?

Please let us know what practice routine, if any, you've been following in recent months.

Hi BlueRaincoat,

Since the last few months, I have cut down a lot of the practices and just tried to ground by reverting back to daily life. I do a meditation practice most days.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2017 :  10:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK Nic, so you're practising meditation only at the moment. What type of meditation and how much of it - how many times a day and how long are the sessions?

And specifically what do you do for grounding these days?

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Nov 30 2017 10:17:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2017 :  7:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do maybe 20 minutes of meditation every day, and for grounding I started eating meat and spending time with people more. Walking, cleaning, stopped reading spiritual things.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2017 :  09:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nic

I think you've done the right thing cutting back on practices. I see you were doing a powerful pranayama back in September, which might well have stirred the sexual energy. The effects of that might take a while to settle down.

If you're still feeling unsettled and uncomfortable, reducing meditation time is an option too. Or just take a break from all practices for a week or two to ground and get stable, and then reintroduce meditation starting with 10 minutes a day and building up slowly. Whenever you reintroduce pranayama, stick to the AYP spinal breathing. I would stay away form that Wim-hof breath that you mentioned a couple of months ago. It will have very dramatic effects on your energy and if it destabilises your basic meditation practice then it is best avoided till you are further down the path.

Good luck
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2017 :  6:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay I will try that out, thanks again BlueRaincoat and many blessings to you!
Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  08:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh baby, margazhi has ended, I wonder if you started having back aches again? As we enter into uttaryan head will become primary target of kundalini. Exactly 3rd of January as Margazhi ended I started having massive backache that shows I'm too goddamn connected to solar cycle and here I thought I could only feel moon cycles.

I've found simpler ways of handling the back ache

1.Keep spine straight while sitting, sleeping and walking
2.use Chin mudra, chinmaya mudra and adi mudra to ease out the progression.
3.temporary solution but taking a bath eases out pain for a while.
4.sleeping southward may help in the beginning.

As you might know I've pushed things very very far. I found it better to have easier solutions for people to follow rather than my complicated nonsense.

If you push kundalini to a degree nonstop for a year, entire air around you changes. Although I went through pain, alot of pain but I'm not fussed. Just by staying near me an hearing me one of my friend's kundalini awakened, well it's more like his body started self-cleansing and energy is a notch higher, postivity too.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000