Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Gurgling \ croaking sounds during spinal breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poncho

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2017 :  09:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My Kundalini awoke 2 years ago - completely unplanned and without a background in Yoga and meditation. I have had some real issues in since that time with - Kundalini syndrome type issues - serious back issues (now healed), lots of difficulty concentrating including one pretty intense and scary experience and also just negative overall health. I was quite hap hazard with my practice in the past and also eating and consuming some unhealthy things I believe was simply not compatible with the Kundalini energy.

I've now made this my primary focus. I've done a detox, cleaned up my diet going 100% veg. Eliminated Alcohol completely. I've then been trying to establish a steady practice of Pranayama spinal breathing and Meditation 2 times a day (approx 30min per session) along with gentle Asana Yoga once a day. Hoping this will allow me to take control of my body and well being again.

I have a question regarding my Pranayama practice. I can really - REALLY - feel the energy moving when performing spinal breathing. Its like moving a ball of energy through my body. Its such a physical experience when I focus on moving my attention from perineum to my brow with my breath I get audible gurgling sounds in my lower intestine and stomach and kind of a weird croaking sound coming from my throat as my focus\attention passes on these regions whilst performing the breathing exercise. It literally occurs as I pass over them with my attention. It mostly happens on the way up - but also on the way down.

Is this normal \ OK or a sign that I'm doing something wrong ?

In general I feel good after performing the pranayama and meditation - Pranayama is very calming and I'm getting some bliss states in the following meditation - other times just calm mind. Also at times after pranayama I sometimes feel like energy is stuck particularly in my left rib cage below the heart. There is like a pressure there sometimes after finishing the Pranayama. It normally releases and passes as I move into the meditation stage.

Appreciate any advice you can offer :)

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2017 :  11:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Poncho

I have a question regarding my Pranayama practice. I can really - REALLY - feel the energy moving when performing spinal breathing. Its like moving a ball of energy through my body. Its such a physical experience when I focus on moving my attention from perineum to my brow with my breath I get audible gurgling sounds in my lower intestine and stomach and kind of a weird croaking sound coming from my throat as my focus\attention passes on these regions whilst performing the breathing exercise. It literally occurs as I pass over them with my attention. It mostly happens on the way up - but also on the way down.

Is this normal \ OK or a sign that I'm doing something wrong ?

Appreciate any advice you can offer :)

Hi Poncho,

Good to hear you have found a way to focus on the journey. Feeling the sensations so strong is a sign of one pointed concentration (dharana) and the refinement of the senses (pratyahara) This lesson will give you more insight in what is happening in your nervous system.

http://www.aypsite.org/51.html

Good things are happening.

Edited by - Charliedog on Apr 15 2017 12:12:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2017 :  12:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Poncho

Nice that things have smoothen out and that you have a relationship with the prana, all good news. I would not worry about gurgling or occasional fleeting pains near ribs (most likely trapped gas bubbles). One of the reasons Yogani suggests meditation before meals is digestion can interfere with the depth of your session. Sexual energy is rising during practice, passing through this area, and may be encountering temporary blockages or digestive gases. I gurgle a lot towards the end of my sessions, and sometimes as I lay down to sleep, and by simple attention and awareness, find instant relief.

Keep up your solid practice! In my opinion, gurgling nothing to worry about.
Go to Top of Page

Poncho

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2017 :  07:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok great thankyou both for your feedback and reassurance. Also thanks for the additional reading. I've been working my way through the Easy Lessons volume 1 book. Will continue on that path and keep up the steady practice :)

I've really only been fully committed to the new consistent practice for a few weeks and already I am starting to feel the benefits in every day life. Can only get better from here :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000