New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  04:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've developed white feather wings during meditation.It's alrite as scenery.
When the sensation of those wings on the shoulder blades continued during the rest period after meditation,that's when I started to doubt my sanity.

thank you for this post,it's a relief!
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  05:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing and opening up again this beautiful topic which is filled with the sent of mystic...
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  10:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced wings in their etheric body? Whilst doing a solo "retreat mode" AYP practice, I experienced a huge rush of energy up my back. 2 Chakras opened, one on each shoulder blade, and energy started pouring out of them, flowing upwards and outwards and then dropping back down, forming two "wings" on either side of my body, extending out several feet from my body on either side, and rising to about a foot above my shoulders. At the same time I "grew" into my etheric body, becoming golden, and about 6 inches taller than I normally am.

I found the whole experience quite disturbing.

I am wondering if anyone else has felt this?

yes.. although i quite enjoy the feeling myself

quote:
Are they really wings?

maybe..

quote:
And if so, what are they for?

that is an excellent question indeed..

quote:
I am also confused as there is no mention of humans having etheric wings in any of the yogic literature that I have seen, or even of chakras on the shoulder blades?

it is the wise sage who burns all his books

hint: those gods are actually you at some point even if they have blue skin

quote:
Anyone got any ideas?

angelic light body?

that is only a guess

wings tend to show up a lot in christian archetypes
fairies, pixies and the like are magical creatures shown with wings in some folklore
hindu literature abounds with stories of gods having wars in flight (in the air)
many mythological gods and heros learn or know the secret to flight

it is rather curious..
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  11:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you aaall for this excellent post...

My little experience with wings are bit on the funnier side. I at times got one wing at ajna, exactly where I expected to have an eye someday . And I could even flap it also, in the sense, that if I turn my head to the right, it will softly touch left side of my forehead, and vice versa. I feel it through the little cold breeze it produces. It's one of the very pleasant sceneries.

Now I do not know that how badly I need a wing on my forehead to proceed with spirituality, and no idea about what it may mean. I just enjoy it when I find it then let it go. Please share if you have any idea about this.

The artist you were discussing about in the first page is Alex Grey I believe. Following are some links showing his work. Wikipedia has an interesting article on him.

some paintings: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...=QBIR#x0y339
Girl looking at the moon: http://alexgrey.net/a-gallery/wndr.html
Oversoul: http://shop.cosm.org/oversoul.aspx

I find his works amazingly deep reaching. Enjoy

Edited by - Swan on Oct 19 2011 12:06:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  04:00:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dawncalling,

What you are experiencing is the energetic form of the ajna chakra. It is a cone shaped spinning form of energy (prana), with the smaller point touching your forehead, and the larger aspect moving away from your body. It has an electromagnetic aspect.

The "eye" aspect of the third eye is centred more towards the centre of your head (pineal gland) and around the sushumna nadi.

Thanks for the Alex Grey links.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  06:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am also confused as there is no mention of humans having etheric wings in any of the yogic literature that I have seen, or even of chakras on the shoulder blades?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are statues of angels in hinduism also. I saw them in an asiatic museum in France last year and i took some photos.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  09:45:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know how this is related, but I've been having some real changes going on during the last few days in my aura... It seems like it's radiating more or I don't know what, there's just a lot of scenery going on.. One of which spread like fire from the sushumna and outwards on both sides and it expelled all form of negative energies around the place where I was... It made me feel that the wings are only a little part and there's much more concerning the body's radiance never mention our consciousness which unites us with everything.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  09:50:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have noticed not only that as the good book says, "A kind word turns away wrath," but also that a kind gesture, a kind way of being in one's body (including the subtle body), a kind intention do the same.

Edited by - bewell on Oct 19 2011 09:52:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  3:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Being at the museum lately I've remembered this subject.Looking at the sarcophagus and statues there carved with human-with-wings.What I noticed also is the presence of snake and the disc of sun above some figures-supposedly gods-.some of these collections are from 10th or 11th century before BC.
When I reached "Sarcophagus of Ahiram " :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahiram ,I heard a continuous drum sound coming from inside myself and i could identify it with my left ear.It was pleasant and kept me silent for sometimes.
just felt like sharing this info.
Would like to point out that I personally don't consider the possibility that these wings I felt are there...I accept the explanation that it might be scenery due to energy flowing in the spinal chord.Specially that I felt energy movement afterward in the shoulder blades.
Alrite :)I'm writing these words and I remember writing it before....Sigh

Love;
Delara
Go to Top of Page

KundaNewb

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  4:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

I was curious as to why you say the experience was disturbing?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  02:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by KundaNewb

Hi Christi,

I was curious as to why you say the experience was disturbing?

Hi Kundanewb,

It was an experience which happened arround 6 years ago during meditation. It was disturbing because I lost any sensation of my physical form, and the sensation of my physical form was replaced temporarily with the awareness of a different body, one made up of strands of electric liquid golden light. It was a different size and shape compared to my physical body, and very highly charged. The appearance of the wings was something I was not used to.

Basically it was outside of my comfort zone at the time.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  5:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi... you said soemthing about moving through etheric or astral planes or something. A few hears ago, I started feeling like the earth beneath my feet was moving; as if my body had just dropped into the ground like six inches. It happens pretty often, it's almost like an earth quake feeling, except no one else around me feels it. Maybe it's like moving through one of these planes... im really not sure. Anyway, ive been told by one guy that he did indeed see wings on me. I flap them just for fun at times. A more spiritually aware person I know says to me... dont do that, blah... haha, I spin my halo too, she says it's a waste of energy. Oh man, scenery's fun, yup :).

I've actually had a few memories of me being an angel of welcoming (into hell or heaven). My favorite memory; telling bible thumpers they've chosen the wrong religion (obviously not, but hey... they make others feel akward about the Bible and such. you just gotta try to be integrous in good!!!). I've had some nice memories too, of trying to give one last chance to people who weren't too too bad on earth, but still deserved one last chance.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  9:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have wings. It felt like a slow build, 3-4 months. I don't have large prana flows like the OP( Christi). The "building" happens when I'm laying in bed watching t. v. not in meditation. It's the goosebump prana doing it's thing( I didn't know what it was doing).

I haven't read all the posts in this thread. I have to disagree with the posts of skepticism and the posts about you being a special being to have them. If I have them, it's highly likely we all do.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - May 22 2016 :  11:29:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi the two Chakras you are referring to are used in the second Kriya Initiation of Shibendu Lahiri as pathways to move attention through in a particular circuit. The purpose is for more refined purification or so we were told.

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi everyone.
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced wings in their etheric body? Whilst doing a solo "retreat mode" AYP practice, I experienced a huge rush of energy up my back. 2 Chakras opened, one on each shoulder blade, and energy started pouring out of them, flowing upwards and outwards and then dropping back down, forming two "wings" on either side of my body, extending out several feet from my body on either side, and rising to about a foot above my shoulders. At the same time I "grew" into my etheric body, becoming golden, and about 6 inches taller than I normally am. I found the whole experience quite disturbing. I am wondering if anyone else has felt this? Are they really wings? And if so, what are they for? We don't use them for astral flight (at least I don't), and they are not needed as far as I know for levitation of the physical body. I am also confused as there is no mention of humans having etheric wings in any of the yogic literature that I have seen, or even of chakras on the shoulder blades?
Anyone got any ideas?

Love and light

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Ysopaica

Belgium
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  2:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear all,

I practice Yogani teaching for only several months.
The experience related to "wings" occurred to me one year ago, when I was still engaged in Chan bouddhist practice.
At that period, I had strong & strange perceptions during my meditation. For example, the perception of a big light even if my eyes were closed and in the dark.
One day of autumn, during my daily meditation,I felt suddenly a strong sensation of anchoring in my back, two points. And then a kind of deployment of etherical wings.
I was so scared that I stop meditating.
Nothing since.

Ysopaica
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  11:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have never felt the wings but some years ago I experienced the opening of the chakras in the centre of my hands. I was a little freaked out too. I had just finished sitting one evening and laid down to rest when I suddenly felt like I was embodying Jesus (his energy entering and merging with mine) and the centre of my hands "tore open". I was afraid to open my eyes and look in case they were bleeding. Stigmata. When I did examine my hands, they were fine and I realised it must just be minor chakras opening.

Sey

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000