Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 A spiritual travel to India. Tips?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aguacate

Germany
44 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2017 :  4:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi!

I am planning to go to India for 1-2 months, in the winter months of the northern hemisphere.

I wonder if you have tips on travelling especially regarding yoga. Maybe a, ashram / sage / guru I should visit, holy places and things I should not miss.

best,
el aguacate

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2017 :  7:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ramana Maharshi's Ashram is one place you might want to go.
Go to Top of Page

soorya

India
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2017 :  3:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aquacate,

A few suggestions :

1. Agee with jusmail - Ramana Maharshi Ashram in Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu State, South India
2. Aurobindo Ashram and Auroville , Pondicherry,Tamil Nadu State, South India
3. Isha Yoga Centre, Coimbatore ,Tamil Nadu State, South India (This is fairly contemporary and has a living yogi, yoga and plenty of AYP similarities).

My pics in North India - To visit Rishikesh in Uttarakand State (close to new delhi/dehradun). This is a place of immense spiritual signficance and can be a base to explore many fabulous places in the gharwal range of himalayas. The energy is palpaple in this place,

There are manu more, will be happy to share my 2 cents if you zero down on a place.

HAve a great great time in India when you travel here...

Soorya
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  2:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you're going down south, might as well visit Amma's ashram in amritapuri. Also Maha Ananda Siddha may be an interesting saint to visit: http://www.discerning-wisdom.com/si..._siddha.aspx
Go to Top of Page

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2017 :  06:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dec- Jan is best for south India. Stick to the South - tropical winter.... perfect weather....
Go to Top of Page

mdlr

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2017 :  3:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to visit Buddhist Monastery where Dalai Lama stays then Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh, North India is the place.

Edited by - mdlr on Aug 02 2017 3:23:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

mdlr

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2017 :  3:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to visit Swami Ramakrishna Order then the Head Quarters is BELUR MATH, Kolkata, WEST BENGAL, North INDIA. Swami Ramakrishna's disciple Swami Vivekananda, the key figure in the introduction of the Indian philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga to the Western world. His writings are very inspiring.

Edited by - mdlr on Aug 02 2017 3:23:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2017 :  07:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aguacate, in Pondycherry there is ICYER / Ananda Ashram. As prerequisites for their TTC you have to study their correspondence course which is made of 52 lessons, one per week. It is incredibly detailed and includes multiple asanas, kriyas, Pranayamas meditation... Everything. It follows Gitananda/Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2017 :  10:18:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000