Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Energy, flywheels, (what's next)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SwamiX

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2017 :  10:54:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So, after several years of practice (7), the energy has become quite pronounced, such that I have cut back to 2 meditation sessions of 10 minutes each. Although I would not call it an overload, I have sensations at the crown, brow, along my spine - these include sensations of heat, coolness, tingling. At various times, I am also compelled to move my shoulders and back in various way - as if the energy is feeling too constrained in some way.

I don't however, experience it as ecstasy - just energy. I am curious where this is leading. Is this the energy clearing out blockages and resistance? As this progresses, is ecstasy the next phase?

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2017 :  12:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would kind of define ecstasy as energy infused with emotion. What Bruce Lee called emotional content. At that stage, it becomes more personal. There is more of a tangible story to it. When energy is experienced as merely impersonal, that is more within the witness stage, where silence is not as merged with the ecstasy. The more silence merges with ecstasy, the more one is inclined to move and be moved by the divine feminine, thereby creating a real-life narrative of ecstatic bliss, stillness in action, and an outpouring of divine love.

The thing I've realized is: it comes in waves. There are pockets of purification here and there. It's not like a binary light switch that goes from completely off to completely on. Rather, there are many switches that flicker and pulse and continue to become more fine-tuned along the way. Plenty of gray area and blurred lines. A watercolor painting, so to speak.

Progress is not so much determined by how much one can objectively perceive raw energy, but rather by how much one's personal story is developing to become an embodied version of these fluffy, idealistic principles that we constantly quote. Is the divine love coming through the flesh and touching others—on the level of family, friends, community, professionally, etc.? This is verified through interactions at any time of the day or night, and in the most mundane circumstances.

Ultimately, the heart is the center. That's where things get gushy and fluid—bridging the gap between the lower and higher natures.

I'm sure you have plenty of experience vibing with others and sharing ordinary ecstasy that's not hiding underneath the hood. I like to look under the hood too, but it can be a distraction. The real pulp and juice will come to the surface, and not stay hidden or subtle for too long.

Inner Sensuality.

P.S. I have found cosmic samyama to be useful for diving deeper into the inner dimensions. It's very quick and easy, without any need to really figure out the energy.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2017 :  03:45:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well said Bodhi
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2017 :  11:01:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SwamiX,

Good response from Bodhi.

You'll start feeling the pleasurable bliss. In my experience, Ecstasy come in different flavors. I've explained them in other posts.

The heart flowering and exploding into a million pieces is my favorite and selfless service aka outpouring divine love.

Keep on trucking and enjoy the journey.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4368 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2017 :  1:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SwamiX

So, after several years of practice (7), the energy has become quite pronounced, such that I have cut back to 2 meditation sessions of 10 minutes each. Although I would not call it an overload, I have sensations at the crown, brow, along my spine - these include sensations of heat, coolness, tingling. At various times, I am also compelled to move my shoulders and back in various way - as if the energy is feeling too constrained in some way.

I don't however, experience it as ecstasy - just energy. I am curious where this is leading. Is this the energy clearing out blockages and resistance? As this progresses, is ecstasy the next phase?

Hi SwamiX,

Good advise from others already.

And yes, what you are experiencing is purification happening in the body. It does not stay that way forever but will change and expand over time.

Ecstasy is the next step.

It sounds as if you have a lot of purification going on, so keep an eye on how it develops and be ready to self-pace if necessary. It can also be good to engage in grounding practices. Even though you are not experiencing any symptoms of overload, it is always good to stay one step ahead.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SwamiX

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2017 :  10:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I have started lifting weights again and swimming, and that seems to help make the energy more manageable. I will just continue down the path and adjust the meditation time if needed. At this point, the 10 minutes a session seems to be working
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  09:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo. Yes, I find exercise to be absolutely vital, especially long walks.
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  12:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

At various times, I am also compelled to move my shoulders and back in various way - as if the energy is feeling too constrained in some way.

this is something that I am experiencing as well, especially the upper back and chest area, I can't have it stretched enough. the urge to stretch is present throughout the day.
Go to Top of Page

SwamiX

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  7:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, this has been one of the strangest aspects of the energy. With the shoulders and back, it's almost like the energy is compelling me into certain contortions, and these can sometimes be like large twitches of my upper body. I am also sometimes compelled (this seems like the right word) to lift my up my left arm and hand so that my hand is parallel to my face. Once, I noticed that my index finger was touching my thumb - wow, I thought, that is some kind of hand mudra.

Years ago, I read somewhere (it might have been in Eliade's book on yoga) that some speculate the the asanas originally came about from the type of energy flow and movements I am experiencing. face.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  8:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes, this has been one of the strangest aspects of the energy. With the shoulders and back, it's almost like the energy is compelling me into certain contortions, and these can sometimes be like large twitches of my upper body. I am also sometimes compelled (this seems like the right word) to lift my up my left arm and hand so that my hand is parallel to my face. Once, I noticed that my index finger was touching my thumb - wow, I thought, that is some kind of hand mudra.

Hi Swami X,

Wait till you break out into a dance with those hand mudras.

Here is a lesson Lesson 183 - Movements and Automatic Yoga

quote:
: I have started to do yoni mudra kumbhaka and dynamic jalandhara along with spinal breathing and meditation. During meditation I find sudden jerks in some parts of my body like my hand moves involuntarily and most times upper part of my body moves towards the ground. These movements are sometimes distracting. Just want to know if this is normal or am I doing anything wrong.

A: Yes, the jerks are normal. It is energy opening inner pathways. The movements will reduce as the pathways open and offer less resistance.

Sometimes movements point to "automatic yoga" positions. For example, if you feel compelled to go down to the mat with your head and torso while sitting, this is the sushumna (spinal nerve) wanting to stretch itself for more purification. If you do some maha mudra as part of your asanas before pranayama and meditation it can help pre-empt the tendency during sitting practices. The basic version of this is a sitting toe grab with legs out straight and head toward knees with chin toward chest. Or, if your head and torso irresistibly want to go down during sitting practices, then let them for a few minutes. Or you can let yourself go into it for as long as necessary at the end of your sitting practices. It is a natural expression of the connectedness of yoga through your nervous system.

Obviously, we don't want to interrupt our sitting practices too much with spontaneous yoga positions, but sometimes these things happen, so we let them if the urge gets to be strong enough. The best way to minimize movements in pranayama and meditation is with a good set of asanas before we start. And, if the movements become too much, we do as we always do when symptoms of purification become excessive. We use self-pacing in our practices and back off for a while until we find stability in our routine, and continue from there. When we hit a few pot-holes in the road, we slow down until the road smoothes out again.

The occasional jerks are common at certain stages of development, and a sign of purification going on. Milestones on the road to enlightenment!

The guru is in you

Edited by - sunyata on Mar 31 2017 8:38:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000