AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari Stage 1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2017 :  8:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone! Its been years since I've posted! Hope you are all well! So I'm starting Kechari stage 1 with no in-person support (which I wish I had because I hear this is big milestone) so I'm depending on you all to guide me... I've read Yogani's lessons on Kechari and I just want to confirm what to do... So I'm just basically putting my tongue to the roof of my mouth where the soft palate begins. Now when shall I do this? During spinal breathing before meditating, while meditating and/or throughout the day. I haven't felt much yet. Love to hear your responses! Best

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2017 :  6:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely during YMK. Otherwise, it is optional. However, when automatic yoga kicks in, you will have no choice. Your inner intuition will guide you on the finer details.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2017 :  2:41:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do it during both spinal breathing and deep meditation. You'll discover what works best for you. During spinal breathing may be a good start.

Good luck!

c
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  10:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi clk1710!
Kechari stage 1: you can do it always, however if you feel that it attracts your attention in Deep Meditation because it is not fixed anywhere, then don't do it in DM.

Stage 2 and beyond: always except while doing the diggestion and probably avoid it too when going to sleep.

Keeping the tongue pushed with index and middle fingers against or near the uvula for 5 minutes, 2 or 3 times a day will accelerate the process towards stage 2 dramatically.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  4:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi clk1710,

I practice it during spinal breathing and that's AYP's recommendation. It also happens spontaneously through out the day as there is a connection from the root to the tip of the tongue.

Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  10:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone! How do I know when I'm ready for stage 2?
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  10:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are talking in terms of years when it comes to kechari stage 2
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2017 :  07:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chard

Thank you everyone! How do I know when I'm ready for stage 2?

Hi Chard,

If you are drawn to practice stage 2 kechari, then that could be a good time to try it.

Some people are able to enter stage 2 kechari straight away because of the anatomy of their tongue, whilst others take time to get there. Many people never use stage 2. It is very much a personal thing.

Kechari will not be very effective before ecstatic conductivity is awakened in the body, so that can also be a determining factor in terms of when to begin to use it.

As others mentioned above, kechari is usually introduced during Spinal Breathing to begin with. It can then also be used during meditation if it is not a distraction to the process of easily favouring the mantra.

Beyond that it can be used during the advanced pranayama practices, during samyama (again if it is not a distraction), during crown practices and also during the day, outside of sitting practices.

Christi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000