New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  06:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Christi,

I apologize. The word "control" is not the right one and comes across as harsh. The cautions in place are one of the best things about AYP. Your last sentence captures better what I am trying to say - "As a teacher all one can do is give advice and people will do what they want with it".
Please consider that when someone (in this case Mykal) keeps insisting that they are happy with their practices.

@Sunyata -

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  08:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I apologize. The word "control" is not the right one and comes across as harsh. The cautions in place are one of the best things about AYP. Your last sentence captures better what I am trying to say - "As a teacher all one can do is give advice and people will do what they want with it".
Please consider that when someone (in this case Mykal) keeps insisting that they are happy with their practices.

Hi Sey,

In this thread Mykal began by saying that he had been having difficulties with his Spinal Breathing Pranayama practice and that one of the ways that he had responded to that, was to reverse the flow of attention during the practice. I advised that that was not the best way to respond in that situation, as it could cause issues to arise later on. He asked for clarification as to what those issues were and why they could arise. I gave clarification on that. He is then free to act on that advise, or do whatever else he wishes.

That is in line with the statement: "As a teacher all one can do is give advice and people will do what they want with it".

But even if someone was not having any issues with their practice, that does not mean that we cannot offer advise where it is needed. Someone may be perfectly happy with their own practice, at the stage where they are at, but be unaware of problems that could arise further down the road if they carry on in the direction that they are going in. If they are giving advise to others, whilst unaware of issues that can arise later, then it is not only their own practice that could become problematic later on, but other people's as well.

If someone is climbing a high mountain that takes several days to climb and are unaware of what altitude sickness is, then we can let them know. Preferably before they get to 8,000 feet!

Christi

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  8:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mykal,

I have very little experience with SBP, but I have fallen into it when relaxed. I go up as awareness/energy with the inhale and down with the exhale inside the "tunnel", "tube". No effort, not trying to do SBP. I don't know what it means.

Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2017 :  05:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

thanks for your input.
I have learned to relax in SBP by reversing the breath. To me it was very hard to relax when I got energetic blocks and my chakras closed, it was way easier to do it in 'reverse' direction.
Don't know, I tried to test it yesterday doing it Yogani's way, and it seemed I could relax there as well. But I am not sure, because it may be that the blocks weren't that strong. Have more testing to do.

You posted before, how you had automatic yoga where you did kumbhakas on exhale. Do you remember where your attention went, back then ?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2017 :  5:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mykal,

I have always had difficulty with spinal breathing after energy awakening except when I happen to fall into it. It was seeing as energy/ awareness. As I said before, up on the inhale, down with the exhale.

My automatic exhales/ breath holds were in the bathtub. Thank goodness I wasn't in the spinal nerve. My attention was on not dying.

It's wonderful that you are feeling relaxed during SBP whichever way you do it.
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2017 :  05:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Mykal,

I have always had difficulty with spinal breathing after energy awakening except when I happen to fall into it. It was seeing as energy/ awareness. As I said before, up on the inhale, down with the exhale.

My automatic exhales/ breath holds were in the bathtub. Thank goodness I wasn't in the spinal nerve. My attention was on not dying.

It's wonderful that you are feeling relaxed during SBP whichever way you do it.

Thanks .
I had one encounter with the energy where I felt as if I was to die, so I can understand what you mean .
I haven't had the awakening though, so practice here is a bit easier to manage, if I imagine it correctly.
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2017 :  09:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Update on the topic:

I have done some testing with the Yogani's direction vs. 'reverse' since the last time I posted.
In this short time, I found Yogani's direction to be superior. It seems that breathing in reverse direction somehow 'stops' the flow of prana (it feels as if the prana is 'used up'), as opposed to Yogani's which seems to feed it/let it continue.
This wasn't evident in shorter sessions (5-15 min), but in longer ones it seems to be consistent behaviour.
Level of relaxation seems to be the same now using both techniques, so it makes no sense continuing to experiment with 'reverse' direction any more.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000