Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 How fuzzy is too fuzzy for the mantra?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

asarghmatey

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  1:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I find the mantra changing from 'I am' to 'ah eee'. Is this too much of a deviation to get the desired vibratory quality?

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  7:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Asarghmatey,

If you notice that you are off the mantra onto thoughts, including the thought of a different mantra such as "ah eee", then you simply favor the mantra again, which in this case would be "I am".

This is a quote from Yogani on the subject:

"If pronunciation is faint and fuzzy (non-pronounceable) when we come back to the mantra, then we stay with that and it will refine further from there into stillness. If we come back and pronunciation is clear enough to where we can distinquish (pronounce) another sound that is different from I AM, then we favor I AM. In other words, we treat any other recognizable (conscious) sound in the mind like any other thought and favor I AM.

When the mantra is faint and fuzzy, we don't have to labor over whether it is refined I AM or refined something else. We just go with it and transcend. Over time the whole process becomes automatic at all levels in the mind." [Yogani].

and again:

"When the mantra is refining.... we let it change however it will. But when we find ourselves back in surface thoughts (clear pronunciation), then we easily favor the I AM mantra over any other thought that we have noticed we are thinking, including some other mantra. When it is refining, and changing to a faint a fuzzy feeling, then we can pick it up at that refined level of feeling whatever it is. But when we are in the realm of clear pronunciation, we favor the I AM mantra (or whatever enhancement we are doing) over any other thought." [Yogani]

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  07:09:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Asarghmatey,

The refinement of the mantra does not mean that the mantra changes - the mantra is the same. It is the same vibration, and you will recognize this after a fair amount of practice. The mantra refinement is not something we do, it is not something that our mind does. It is happening by itself after a while, the way one gets flour by grinding wheat. Also, as this process happens, it does not matter how clear you pronounce the mantra when you sit to meditate, it will automatically go to the level of refinement it has reached. The mantra refinement goes beyond the mind. Judging it may build new structures in the mind. Just relax and meditate, keeping the practice as simple as possible.

Best wishes for your practice!
Blanche
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000