Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Automatic kechari mudra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gchristine

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  01:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I haven't done it for a few years, but a while back I did the kechari mudra two or three times without trying. I would go into an altered state of consciousness, and my body would just take over. Not complete control, I felt I could stop it any time. In fact I did a few times before I finally let it happen.

The mouth, tongue, throat an jaw all work together automatically to get the tongue up there. It is very uncomfortable, yet at the same time it felt "right". It felt like my tongue was filling up my whole top of my throat, but I was able to breath easily through my nose. The jaw and lower teeth move backwards and up a little, helping the tongue to go up. There is an energy going on that isn't normally there, making this all happen on it's own.

I tried to do it myself afterwards, and found it impossible to do.

Another thing. When the tongue gets up there, it vibrates on something hard and sensitive. it more like "dances". It's not a real vibration. it's not that fast. Faster than I could normally move the tip of my tongue on my own though. It's not rhythmic or pattered, it's more like a morse code thing.

It lasts from like a minute to about five minutes or so.

I have had other kryas, in fact a lot of them since my kundalini became awakened. But this was the most remarkable. I didn't feel any state of bliss or anything, but there wa a definite spiritual feeling. It felt like my body was evolving, with this mudra a kind of thing that was waking up another step of the process.

The reason I type this now is because It's been starting to happen again, slowly. My tongue moves up behind my front teeh, and I can feel and taste the amrita coming down in the back of my throgt. When it reaches the state of the wind current, then I will know something is really going to happen.

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  8:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing, GChristine. Nice experience. Best wishes for your practice!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000