AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini awakening positives
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JJJ

43 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  3:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi. I am male 35 from Poland and I just have a kundalini awakening about 2 months ago. Now I am grounded but I feel this. I am sorry that I am not going to write too much now about myself, but please understand me and forgive me as I am really tired of this,because for last days I was writing to many different people around the world and scheduled already for some skype sessions for help. it is too much.I never was looking for this, I like my ego , who I am among people and among my social life- I don't want to change this, but what I found out- I have no choice.I just want to ask you with as much love and humble as I can generate right now for sending me positive sides of kundalini.I know there is a horrible work to do and people accept this because they know or belive that after this horrible journey they will find something good. But looking through internet sites and forums I didn't find too much positives. It looks like kundalini is more bad than good, and the only positive thing seem to be when you have relief of pain or fear etc- but this state - without fear , pain etc I could have without kundalini. So my question is : is there after the kundalini journey ( by journey I mean the most difficult part at the beginning and moving the energy up,by journey I mean kundalini crisis and job that you do for first years) happiness that I could not achieve without kundalini awakening ( I mean happiness - not truth, not awakening to the spirit etc - I mean simply happiness). Please also let me know your positive experiences after this crisis- experiences that you could not have without kundalini, becasue I see no point.Please be honest with me. please let me know also if you would choose again kundalini after couple of years with this if you could travel back and choose again? There are many thoughts about suicide with me, so I am sorry for that.

Edited by - JJJ on Feb 13 2017 3:17:42 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  4:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear about your troubles, JJJ. I'm also a 35-year-old male as well.

My experience with kundalini has been that it's a benevolent energy. Yes, it can be overwhelming at times, but with self-pacing, we can very much work with what's flowing through us. Kundalini is not out to get us. Quite the contrary. Kundalini is meant for our well-being. Actually, we are kundalini, just as we are the stillness beyond the energy, and just as we are the body that the energy crystallizes into. We are many things, and we are also nothing. It can be comforting to contemplate one's vastness and diversity, if you know what I mean.

So, there's no need to believe that energy is an enemy, or something foreign to ourselves. It's all part of the plan. Even the imbalances and fear are part of the plan.

The general rule of thumb is to stay connected to the body and Mother Nature in ways that make you feel grounded and healthy. Kundalini likes that strategy.

Spinal Breathing Pranayama, when used in tandem with Deep Meditation, can have a regulating effect. But you have to experiment with those, because sometimes they can tip the scale in the other direction. It's not too difficult to get a feel of what's serving you once you try the practices. You can do it.

When I had a strong kundalini experience in 20l0, AYP was a great resource for me to level things out and keep rolling forward. And it has stayed consistently reliable, for many reasons.

Above all, love yourself, and love others. That is the way to make it through.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  8:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JJJ,

Good advice from Bodhi already. Many here have gone through similar experiences. It's the beginning of a beautiful journey even though it may not seem so at this time.

For right now- lots of long walks, spend time in nature, swim, eat heavy food.

Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  10:39:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  10:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It may be time to scout out a nearby yoga studio for a gentle beginner's class to learn asanas. Asanas are a good way for your body to adjust to this awakening, and over the long run, asanas become a positive expression of this energy.

Learn to meditate too. This will awaken answers within you. Allow yourself to know this stage will pass and you will be all right.

Edit:wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Feb 13 2017 10:57:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  12:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
JJJ, for me truth is relatively easy. Happiness is much harder. I did not have access to happiness before my kundalini started to stir. I also have experiences that suggest that the sense of wellbeing one gets from social interaction is like a dry toast compared to what kundalini can provide. If I may suggest something, it'd be to investigate your assumptions. Are you assuming unpleasant experiences will continue and not get more manageable? Are you assuming your friends will cease to exist or you won't be able to interact with them? I hope you get my drift
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  01:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, yes, a million times - yes!

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  03:32:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes without doubt.
Go to Top of Page

JJJ

43 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  04:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear AYP friends.Thank you very much for all your replies. I am happy that this forum is so active, so I can feel I am not alone and there is active response-THANK YOU. That is the huge gift for me right now. I am in Poland and I think here is nobody to talk about. Thank you for your advices. Nevertheless your answers made me also anxious, because I didn't find answers for my questions about advantages of this proces, which was the subject of my post - so are there any advantages?? I can find here advices of how to cope with k, but not about what it is, that makes k worthy to have? It looks like you can only learn how to live with k to the end of your life to make it manageable, but I can't find proves or testimonials that thanks to k you can be happier than regular ( not awakened) people
I assume that there is some work to do with k that is the worst part and you can go through this ( i hear that for some people this worst part takes 2 years ,some other 10 years and some other different time). I assume also that after this hardest work - the dramatic symptoms subside. So my question are:
-are these assumptions above true?
-please list advantages of k that you got AFTER going this "hard part" of the process ( only from your own experiences !)
- please let me know if you can confirm that you will choose k again if you could go back in time and have this choice?? and why??
-please list generally advantages of the k ( in details if possible:)
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  06:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The most incredible is that I am grateful for everything. No complains anymore. Before awakening I took a lot in life for granted. These days I see the miracle in everything and everyone.

Before awakening I lived black&white, now it's full colour if I may use this as a metafoor. (I didn't know I lived black&white back then )

Life became a magic adventure without securities, the realization that there is no security in life makes grateful.

JJJ This journey is not an overnight happening, it takes time and courage, and not to forget practice. It is simple, but not always easy. It takes you deep inside, you will learn to know and how to love yourself. Maybe you think you do know yourself already, but every stone will be turned. We can only experience not grasp it with the thinking mind.

See it step by step, day by day. Don't worry, you will get lighter and lighter and find the right ones to ask for help if needed.

Hope this is helpful.....
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  1:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JJJ,

Awakening brings on the following symptoms :)

On the absolute level, we realize our true nature, we see the nature of existence.

On the indiviual level we start letting go and wisdom, empowerment, healing, love, compassion and many such qualities starts rising.

Enlightenment may feel like a loaded word right now but it simply mean to lighten up.

Once we lighten up- peace, inner silence, ecstatic bliss is what Life becomes.

All the fear, pain, anxiety you are feeling right now is just cleaning/clearing up your vessel to live a fuller life. And simply drinking a mango smoothie, which I'm drinking right now will throw you in Ecstasy.(or it could just be sugar rush)

Much Love,
Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  3:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
JJJ, I'm from Poland too (warsaw), contact me if you want to talk in person.

Can't speak regarding how true are your assumptions. If I may suggest something, then it'd be that you think of a way to FALSIFY them. Only one counterexample is sufficient to prove a hypothesis wrong.

I doubt my "hard part" is over, it's just stirring. I experience intense fear (terror), but what comes after that is mindblowing awesome (there are no words). I'd chose to have these experiences again and again just to feel the awesome part. For me, main advantages are that my life is changing for the better.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  4:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What Charliedog and Sunyata said. Magic and mango smoothies. Like that.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  9:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JJJ

It looks like you can only learn how to live with k to the end of your life to make it manageable, but I can't find proves or testimonials that thanks to k you can be happier than regular ( not awakened) people

Here's the big joke on that one. Just because someone hasn't announced to the world that they've had a kundalini awakening, doesn't mean that kundalini isn't active within them. In fact, here's a nice little reality check...if you're alive in a human body, then you've at least got some trace amount of kundalini stirring within you. It's called prana, or life force. Kundalini is just a grander way of describing life force.

No life force = no heart beat. It's very simple.

Go to your local performing arts center and watch a musical or dance performance—that's kundalini in action. Go to your local museum and see a beautiful painting—that's kundalini on the canvas. Go to a hospital and observe a nurse tending to a patient—that's kundalini manifesting as caretaking.

See what I'm saying? You're talking as if kundalini is some esoteric disease that a minority of people get afflicted with, but it's not like that. Kundalini is life, man. Kundalini is the Divine Feminine—not some clinical disorder or rare ailment.

Some of the most delusional people on the planet are the spiritual celebrities and devotees who use spiritual vocabulary as a means to prop themselves up on a pedestal. But if you are awake and alive in an authentic way, you can see through the absurdity and pierce the veils of illusion using your own inner power of discernment, which comes from inner silence. And you can laugh at them, just as you laugh at yourself, for your own absurdities and shenanigans.

Fortunately, AYP is geared towards your normal, run-of-the-mill householder yogi and yogini—not so much towards the spiritually elite who want to wield kundalini as a trophy or a privileged affliction.

Kundalini transcends and penetrates all privileges and afflictions, just to be clear.

Anyway, life is full of regret and guilt, and I've had my share, but I keep looking forward, and feeding my ishta. So read the first AYP lesson about desire, and then go from there.

Godspeed!
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  11:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JJJ

Welcome. The most difficult part of k awakening for me was that I didn't know what was happening. During the first couple years, it was mostly trial and error, trying whatever would help my situation, whatever that situation was. The hard part lasted three years. Five years later, it's not that the challenges and difficulties are gone, but rather that there is much greater confidence to deal with whatever life may throw at me.

The most important positive k awakening brought me was to appreciate whatever life offers - no matter what is going on. Pause and consider ... when one is genuinely feeling thankful for all of life, the bad as well as the good, it can be a mild euphoria or ecstasy. Prior to k awakening, I rarely experienced such ecstasy simply to be alive. Now there is frequently an intimate rejoicing, surrender, acceptance and allowing of what is to be as it is (not always, but often). It isn't exactly easy and takes some time getting used to ... but well worth the effort. K is purifying and (ultimately) strengthening, by blasting through the blockages to our authentic being.

A similar positive that k awakening taught me is to be continually open to the Divine in all things, to honor and love that as myself. So I feel more balanced and complete, more capable and strong, more healthy in every way. As mentioned above, there is greater confidence to deal with whatever may come.

K also taught me to respect the body, that it is a wonderful instrument, and has needs that must be met; those needs cannot be denied. A person cannot always live in their head and pursue spiritual interests! - That was quite a hard lesson to learn. So we need to pay attention and see that our bodies receive what they need in order for the whole being to feel healthy and grounded. K awakening reacquaints us with the natural wisdom we were born with, but which is often taken for granted and disregarded.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2017 :  12:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear JJJ,

Have you started AYP Deep meditation? You need to take up practices - fastest way to getting kundalini under control. Read up on the lessons.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2017 :  2:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JJJ, welcome to the AYP forums
quote:
Originally posted by JJJ
are there any advantages?? I can find here advices of how to cope with k, but not about what it is, that makes k worthy to have?

Describing these 'advantages' are a bit beyond what words can express. When this new energy flows through you, it feels as if before it you never lived. The troubles are temporary. When you've cleaned up the system and learnt to surrender to it, you will realise you have been blessed.

I wish you a smooth journey.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Feb 16 2017 2:32:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2017 :  3:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JJJ,

It would be helpful for us if you could answer the questions in this post.

Also, it would be easier to offer advice if you can describe what symptoms you have been experiencing since your awakening, and what you think it was triggered by?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JJJ

43 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  08:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am sorry I did'n show up for long time. I want to say-Thank you very much for all your replies !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000