Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 kechari mudra and religion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  5:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
sometimes I worry when I shouldn't but I want to know if kechari mudra or cutting the tongue is a religious practice, because I worry what my religion would say, and some in my religion put down kundalini.

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  03:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you listen to your own heart or to others?
Why would you tell anyone your practice?
Why would you listen to someone who puts down kundalini?

Just some food for thoughts.....

The practice of Yoga lets find us the wisdom inside, it's no belief system. It's to experience by practice.

Religions are systems who would like us to belief, rather than experience. If we believe, they will have the power to tell us what to do, because we just believe.
If we experience ourself by practice, we will create inner power, we learn to know ourselves. (only my opinion)

One of my teachers said once 'be a shepherd not a sheep'.

PS Don't know if this is helpful, I don't mean it harsh

Edited by - Charliedog on Feb 09 2017 04:19:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  07:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jh36m
quote:
Originally posted by jh36m
some in my religion put down kundalini
Reading this sentence made me smile. For many people kundalini is a fact of life. We're not creating it, it's simply there. You might as well disagree with the sun rising every day, or living creatures needing to breathe.

quote:
I want to know if kechari mudra or cutting the tongue is a religious practice
You can practice the first stages of kechari without snipping the frenulum. Some people are able to go through all the stages of kechari without making any cut. Have you reached the point where you have to make a decision about this? If you're not quite there yet, why not simply carry on with your daily practice? Later on, when you're further along the yoga path, you will know the answer. As Charliedog says, it can only come from within yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  08:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Like others have said,
Kechari is just a physical ability, and you do not need to cut anything to achieve it. If somebody tells you otherwise, be sure to question his motives.
Teachers of practicaly every path have been known to give useless, if not outright wrong and harmful instructions regarding practice.
Some of them didn't know better, others wanted to stay teachers .
Might be that is how religions got started...who knows.
Peace and happy practicing .
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  1:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
your right. i think what i've felt and experienced speaks for itself. i've just been more of a follower in my life.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  02:51:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

i've just been more of a follower in my life.

To be really aware of this, there comes the opportunity to follow 'guru in you'
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  7:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've got no doubts in the experiences I've had. the only thing i'm worried about is other people being worried in what they don't understand. that first feeling I got in 2005 or maybe something earlier was all I needed to convince me. it sometimes is really hard to hold onto sometimes when my emotions aren't steady and I put a lot of worry in what people might think.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  1:35:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

it sometimes is really hard to hold onto sometimes when my emotions aren't steady and I put a lot of worry in what people might think.

Hi jh36m,

Do you have a meditation practice? When we engage in this process of inner work and self discovery, the light of awareness reveals parts of us that just needs some loving. Self love & Self acceptance and not blaming anyone makes life a lot easier.

Edited by - sunyata on Feb 15 2017 4:16:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  2:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i guess praying might be like meditation, then i think about solving problems mentally, thats about it right now.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  4:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jh36m,

Praying is very beautiful. But it is elevated to a different level with daily sitting practices. Imagine all the cells of the body singing praises and praying in gratitude merely for this existence.

I feel you will greatly benefit from practices. Then you can roll your tongue or stand on your head without having to worry about what people may think. When you become Love, those around you starts melting with you. You can start living your Truth authentically.

Lessons start here-

http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

Here is a lesson on prayer
Prayer and the Principles of Samyama
http://www.aypsite.org/301.html

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Feb 15 2017 4:14:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

jh36m

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  7:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the responses. i'll read up on this.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  10:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I second Sunyata. DM eventually leads to aroused prana in your body. When you pray, love, and mindfully connect while aroused, everything is taken up a notch.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000