Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 What are you practicing at the moment?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  11:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone, just wondering what have you been practicing lately?

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  2:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buu,

I have an asana practice of hour and half three days a week. I'm tantric and practice Spinal breathing with advanced Siddhansa, Mulbandha, Sambhavi,uddiyana, Kumbhaka and Kechari 1.5 stage(this has turned into whole body mudra now), Mantra meditation and Samyama. I have been practicing AYP for over 4.5 years. I'm ready to fly away most days. But my worldly responsibilities keep me grounded, so the experience here is heaven on earth.

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 24 2017 2:12:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  3:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Sunyata, those are some powerful practices! Specially all the extras to SBP. I didn't even know there was Kumbhaka-add-on. Which lesson is it?

Did you have your awakening before practicing AYP or after?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "ready to fly away most days"?

I myself am practicing, everyday twice a day, 15min Asanas, 10min SBP, 20min DM, 10min rest.

Edited by - Buu on Jan 24 2017 3:35:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  6:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

I'm ready to fly away most days. But my worldly responsibilities keep me grounded, so the experience here is heaven on earth.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  8:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Buu

Wow Sunyata, those are some powerful practices! Specially all the extras to SBP. I didn't even know there was Kumbhaka-add-on. Which lesson is it?

Did you have your awakening before practicing AYP or after?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "ready to fly away most days"?

I myself am practicing, everyday twice a day, 15min Asanas, 10min SBP, 20min DM, 10min rest.

Hi Buu,

I built up this practice over the years. I did have an awakening before AYP. However the practice of AYP lead to the abiding quality of silence and ecstasy.

Re: "ready to fly away"- You'll have to read Rumi for this. It's the feeling of being ten feet above the ground, the body taken over by higher energies and the heart exploding and flowering at the same time.

Kumbhaka simply means breath retention. This happens during the whole body mudra for me.

However there is a practice called Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka.
Lesson 91.

http://www.aypsite.org/91.html

Please be sure to add practices slowly as these are very powerful techniques.

Wishing you the best.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  8:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

I'm ready to fly away most days. But my worldly responsibilities keep me grounded, so the experience here is heaven on earth.

Sunyata

LOL, Blanche. So grateful for you and the Ladies in the forum.
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  3:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
THanks for answering sunyata.

Wondering what kind of asanas you do for the 1h30m?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  4:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buu,

It's Vinayasa or flow with inversions, backbends and arm balances. I'm still work in progress and can only do few inversions and arm balances.

Asanas helped me a lot during my energetic overload. I also have a deep connection with my mat- many emotional clearing, face plants and landing on my back.

Patience, persistence and one pointed focus are the lessons I've learned on the mat. Ecstatic Bliss is another fruit of Asana practice.

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 25 2017 4:44:23 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000