Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 kundalini side effects
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tuffyoga

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  11:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practicing Kundalini yoga for several months and I am wondering if feeling glum or just not happy is a normal side effect after an intense practice or meditation. Also I have found that lately I have been having really bad dreams, is there some sort of message or something I'm to learn or experience from them or am I just simply having bad dreams? I have found that I am extremely excited or extremely down after these kundalini experiences, is this normal to the practice and I just have to work it through them. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  02:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tuffyoga,

Kundaliniyoga is a powerful form of yoga. Is this where you started with your yoga practice, or did you do other forms before? Did you talk about this with your teacher? It is important that he/she knows this, the teacher then can give you advice and learns from the effect of the lessons on the students.

It could be that the intense practice is a bit too much for you at this moment. What you experience is imbalance. Important is to ground, grounding means, walking in nature, having social contacts, barefoot walking etc.
At AYP we talk about self-pace if we experience uncomfortable effects of our practice. This means to cut back on practice, do less for some time, till we are balanced again.

First of all I would talk to the teacher.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 23 2017 02:09:41 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000