Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Food and Kundalini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  11:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I would be eternally indebted if someone could help me. I do tantra practice twice a month and meditate for 5 mins a day(vipassana). The problem is I always feel as if something is going on top of my head.

Whenever I eat I have these strong sensations in my head and top of my head. I am miserable for 2-4 hours after eating and this has been happening for 8 years.I have been to doctors and done all kinds of test and nothing has come out.

I have tried self pacing for months and It does not work. Is there some way to not feel awful after meals and not have these sensations in the head after meals.

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  11:23:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vd007,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have been having.

The experience on the top of your head could be related to the crown chakra, or to the production of amrita? Usually the experience of the crown chakra does not vary after eating food, but the production of amrita can do.

If you are experiencing a crown chakra opening too early, or the production of amrita too early, either of these could cause problems for you. Both are aggravated by tantric sexual practices.

Could you describe what you experience on the top of your head more fully, as it may help to understand what is going on?

Also, it would help if you could complete the questionnaire for this forum.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  8:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi,
Here are the answers to the questionnaire. I feel something rising to head starting in the morning and then there is this head pressure after meals. I have been having these symptoms for 8 years now and these started an year after beginning tantric practice.

1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?

Symptoms are head pressure after meals for 3-4 hours. Doesn’t matter what food I eat. Always feeling something is rising up to my head. Symptoms are physical.

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?
Symptoms are ongoing.

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?
It started after tantric practice.

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?
Vipassana for 5-8 years. Did 1 hours daily earlier. I have been doing Do 5 -10 mins everyday for the past 2 years. Have scale down my vipassana practice since these issues have cropped up.
5. Do you consider yourself to be “sensitive” to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity?
I consider myself to be very sensitive. I have scaled down my vipassana practice and indulge in tantric practice twice or thrice a month.

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation?
I don’t do drugs.

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms?

No I Haven’t

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?
Tantric practice twice or thrice a month. Doing tantric practice more often causes a lowering of energy and very depressing feeling after the initial wellbeing feeling for a day.

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?
Diet is light. Eating more increases the symptoms in the head

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms?
Yes I walk for an hour or so. Walking or exercise does nothing to the strong sensations in the head.

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini?
I am not a devotional person

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies?
I have a job and am a parent. But my symptoms are ongoing throughout the day.

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result?
Yes I have been to doctors multiple times. No issue was found besides D3 and B12 deficiency. I had a brain MRI done too.

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above?
No

15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender? We ask because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.
40 male.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  03:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi VD007,

Thanks for completing the questionnaire and giving us more details about your practice.

What type of vipassana do you practice? Is it the Burmese body sweeping type as taught by Goenka, or the insight meditation taught in Thailand?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  10:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its the burmese style that is taught by Goenka.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  12:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vd007,

Thanks for clarifying that.

Some spiritual practices can be destabilizing energy-wise and that particular practice has come up in the past as being destabilizing in some cases. It can trigger a premature crown opening, which is what it sounds like you are dealing with here.

As mentioned, premature crown chakra openings can be aggravated by tantric sexual practices, so doing both together will tend to make symptoms worse.

See here for a description of premature crown openings:

Lesson 201 - The Drama of a Premature Crown Opening

I would advise you to use a different meditation technique, such as the AYP Deep Meditation practice. Also some light Spinal Breathing before meditation could help to smooth out the energy flows and establish a new pathway in the body. Spinal Breathing may or may not help, so it would be good to test it for a while and only keep on with it if it is helping.

I would say to start with just 10 minutes of Deep Mediation and a few minutes of Spinal Breathing and see how it goes, remembering to self pace as necessary. Take plenty of rest after each sitting.

I would recommend stopping tantric practice all together for now, until things calm down at the top of your head. Also, make sure that you are engaging in grounding practices every day. See here for more on that:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

If you are grounding effectively every day you should see improvements begin to happen relatively quickly.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  5:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi,

I have tried Deep Mediation for several times for 5 - 10 minutes with Spinal breathing pranayama for 5 mins or so. Every time I have felt worse than the head pressure and other symptoms I have. I had to give up Deep meditation and Spinal breathing pranayama every time. I have stopped tantric practices for 3-4 weeks several times. I have the same symptoms and these symptoms get worse the more time passes since my last physical intimacy act. I have engaged non tantric regular physical intimacy act but I get headaches when I do that. I have tried so many permutations and combinations for the past 8 years but nothing seems to help. After meals my heart starts beating faster and My head starts getting this pressure. I always feel something is rising to head. I am really hurting here. Some doctors have said its acid reflux. I do tend to burp more and louder than normal. I have taken antacids per Doctors recommendation but antiacids makes my condition even worse. All medicines even supplements make my body burn.

Is there a way to bring this energy down? Would I have to live like this always ?? Do you think its medical issue ? Can salt be responsible for head pressure after meals even though just a fruit diet does the same to my head.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  6:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vd007,

If your symptoms are caused by a premature awakening of the crown, and things have become very unstable, then any spiritual practice, or even any form of sexual practice (tantric or not) can aggravate the situation. If that is happening, then best to refrain from any spiritual practices for now, until you can get things under control.

Unfortunately, sexual abstinence (celibacy) is also a sexual practice and can cause a build up of prana in the body. So if your symptoms are being caused by a subtle nervous system that is out of balance, then complete celibacy could aggravate things as well. So basically, when it comes to sex, you can be dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. In that case it can be a question of managing as best you can, not going towards excess in either direction (neither too much, nor complete abstinence). Tantric sex is best avoided either way, as tantric sexual practices are especially designed to bring about a build up of prana in the body.

If your symptoms are being caused by the premature awakening of the crown, then they will respond to grounding practices. So going for long walks in nature every day will help, as will cleaning the house, gardening, heavy yard work etc. Swimming also helps, especially in the ocean or rivers, where the prana is moving. I would recommend spending several hours a day only engaging in grounding activities.

Avoid strenuous exercise, as this can aggravate symptoms and avoid reading spiritual books or websites.

If you avoid all spiritual practices (self-pacing to zero), and engage in this kind of grounding activity for several weeks, you should begin to see your symptoms diminishing. If you do not, then that would be a pretty clear indication that what you are dealing with is not related to your spiritual practices, or to an imbalance in the subtle body. Then it would be a case of looking at the foods that you are eating, and at your exercise programme to see if something is out of balance there. But I would suggest grounding practices as a first step and seeing how that goes.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  12:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vd007, sorry to read that you are experiencing such unpleasant symptoms. I can relate to it because I have a similar experience too: for many, many years I felt really sick, weak and cold after meals. And then one day a doctor foind out that I had an allergy to some foods - knowing that immediately changed my life.

This is not to say that you also have the same problem, but to say that sometimes diseases are triggered by simple physical factors, and not so much by spiritual causes or sensitivity to spiritual practices. Of course, one can see a spiritual background even behind a "simple" allergy issue (and in a non-dual approach it would be ok to do that). But even then you solve the problem by removing or avoiding the physical factor that makes you sick.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  12:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ecdyonurus,

Sorry to hear that you have had issues with food intolerance in the past.

The reason that I would advise looking for a possible spiritual cause in this case in the first instant, is because experiencing symptoms on the top of the head is usually related to crown chakra activation. If someone is engaging in a spiritual practice which is known to produce premature crown chakra openings, then that is another reason to suspect a spiritual cause.

If the symptoms are being produced as a result of an energetic imbalance, then the symptoms would usually go away if the imbalance is rectified. In that case there would be no need to make any dietary changes. If it is a simple case of intolerance to certain foods, then removing those foods from the diet for a while, would be the easiest thing to do.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  11:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to add some details.

I have to do vipassana for 5-15 minutes in the morning. If I don't I have these gross and burning sensations in my body and my head. After vipassana I feel better.

I always feel that something is going on my head in the mornings and throughout the day.

I also have a belching issue and belch more than normal.

The doctors said that it could be acid reflux but antacids make my heart beat go faster and my body gets burning sensations

After lunch I have this pressure in my head for 2-4 hours and I almost cannot do anything.

Self pacing does not work. I have tried self pacing for months but it does not work.

I have tried home remedies for gas but it does not work. .

Can the gurus in this forum be able to put the pieces together and tell me what I can do. I would really appreciate that. Kinda in a difficult spot.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  8:07:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

I think there is lot of advice already and i have seen your previous posts as well. Here is what i think you should try. It is premature Crown Opening and I would advise some of the things.

1. It is very very important to surrender and let it go. you have already checked medically it is all fine. More you resist Kundalini comes with more force. so just try to let it go. surrender to the higher force your Ishta.
2. No meditation but just very passive sitting in awareness. No forced breathing but just be aware of your breath. Let the emotions come and go no judgements.
3. Long walks 5-6miles everyday. no fast running or jogging. Just long walks will bring the energy down.
4. Full body massage with olive oil.
5. Don't eat too much food at once just eat little once it digests then eat again.
6. Eat yogurt with little brown sugar. Make the yogurt light by putting the water in it.In India we call it "Lassi".

I will strongly suggest do it. No formal meditation, no tantric practice either.

Surrender, Surrender, Trust the Ishta. Take this as a blessings. This is actually a blessing you are not just aware of it. Moment u let go will see the magic.

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  2:53:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey vd007. I've not read everything here but can offer a bit of advice as I experienced the trouble with eating. I've had the head pressure for four years but I keep it in check now. Right, what helped most was mindfulness plus changing the muscle memory. Are you mindful of what your tongue, mouth, and throat are doing as you eat? This is key! Pay attention during a meal to exactly how you are moving your tongue and how tense or how relaxed your throat is, how much your lower jaw moves around, etc... If you are like how I was it will all be inefficient, and will be aggravating the head pressure too (incidentally I had the trouble with eating years before the head pressure began, but they're certainly linked). Make small changes as you eat to change bad habits such as tensing up certain muscles at the wrong time. Something I was doing unknowingly was partly blocking off the throat with my tongue. When I found out and stopped that my digestion improved markedly. I've also found that a slightly anxious thought when eating is enough to cause the throat to contract, and it often stayed that way for the rest of the meal. That made swallowing difficult, even painful. I'd feel like the food wasn't moving down any lower than the throat, and would be poorly for a few hours after eating.

This happens less now as I've changed the muscle memory (I continue to change it still) and am aware of unnecessary tension reappearing. And when that happens I can either correct it then and there and continue, or, I may take a little break in the meal and that helps too.

Don't assume that because you can eat and swallow that you're doing it right. There may be a massive difference between the habits you have now and new efficient habits that you can create.

All the best - I hope you manage to fix this.

Edited by - joseph on Mar 10 2017 6:43:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  5:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vd007

I have a book on Chinese medicine called "The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Medicine". In that book, problematic burping/ belching is related to excessive heart energy. Please take my suggestions with a grain of salt, because this is not my field of expertise. I'm more familiar with ayurveda. (From an ayurvedic perspective, your condition would probably require a Vata pacifying diet and routine.)

From the Chinese perspective, it could be there are matters of the heart causing distress. For example, unresolved grief over the passing of a family member, close friend, pet ... or perhaps a work related issue such as a demanding boss whose unpleasant words and tone may be causing emotional and/or physical upset to the heart. You may be very sensitive. In that case, psychologically shoring up your boundaries may be necessary ... i.e. be very clear about what you are, and are not, available for.

Additionally, there is something which may help you, as it did me. From time to time, I seem to be allergic to all food, and realize how bizarre that sounds. My solution was to use Sunrider products, which are very high quality and therefore somewhat expensive. Fasting sort of worked but prefer Sunrider. They have an item called Nu-Plus which I primarily relied upon (as a food substitute), and also one called Quinary, a wonderful herbal formula which appeared to reboot my immune system ... and thus (more or less) cured my food sensitivities.

And last but not least, you might check out homeopathic remedies, available at many local health food stores.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  07:22:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am definitely NOT a guru, but I was involved, and still am , to more than my share of burping and farting phenomena.
So, to all those that burp , here is something from my xp:

Burping, in my bodily xp, is related to the person not having healthy boundaries to his/her parents (and naturally, from there to all other people).

Not going to say more, as it is not mine to tell, but it is enough for you to look into.
Basically, if you have a feeling that you can express yourself in your relationships, then this is not the dog that bit you.

Sorry if that doesn't help you, wishig you well.

Edited by - Mykal K on Mar 11 2017 07:28:52 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000