Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Still here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2017 :  11:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
8yrs ago I used to post here. At that time my kundalini caused a nervous breakdown. I have been unable to meditate now for the same amount of years. I lost my job, car, sanity, etc. I am hopeful that this process will end soon. It has been very difficult. I hope all is well with everyone on ayp.
Vil

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  09:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  09:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi VIL,

So sorry to hear of the difficulties. At the same time, happy to hear of your positive outlook in this situation. Just keep grounding.

I have this quote by Ramana Maharishi framed in my kids playroom. Sharing it with you.
"Have faith in God and in yourself; that will cure all. Hope for the best, expect the best, toil for the best and everything will come right for you in the end.”Ramana Maharishi

Please see attached questionnaire and post your response.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=11628

Sunyata

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  10:29:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vil,

Hopefully more easy times will be here for you from now. Wishing you healing and
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  10:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I might have a bit of help. I just need to know more of the situation. I could easily just talk about myself and not be of help at all.
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  1:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sunyata, charliedog and lalow33 thank you all for the helpful advice and kind, supportive words. I have read the questionnaire but am using a cellphone to post. When I have access to a computer I will post my answers. Your replies of support really mean the world to me. I also wanted to sincerely apologize to everyone I had offended back in 2008 when I was mentally unstable. I know the kundalini will run its course in time so I need to be patient. So thanks again and to yogani for this wonderful site. Vil
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  6:38:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back Vil,

A boat may be a small appliance, but it can take you across the river. A lamp may
be a tiny device, but it can light your path across a jungle. A torch may illumine
only a distance of two yards, and you may have to go two miles. Do not despair. What
is required is your persistent effort! Hold the torch in your hand and walk on. With
every step, the torch will illumine a few steps more and you can safely cross the
two miles. But you must walk, without sitting idle by the roadside. Make the effort,
move from one stage to another listening to God’s Glory, recapitulate His sweet messages and concentrate on Him. Let your every act be saturated with devotion. Devotion should not be something that adds spice to your life – it truly must be the very breath of your life. Devotion should inspire your every act, thought and word.

“Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.”
—Mahatma Gandhi, former political and spiritual leader of India

“ Hope never abandons you; you abandon it. ”
— George Weinberg

Joy and Sorrow
Kahlil Gibran wrote in
The Prophet:
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter’s
oven?
And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with
knives?
When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that
which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth
you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
I love this passage and find it to be very wise and insightful. When we close our
hearts to hurt, sorrow, and discomfort, we also close our hearts to love, joy, and
connection. When we open our hearts, we make ourselves vulnerable to experiencing
many different emotions.

Also please add your name to the Samyama list on AYP. That will hasten your turn around surely.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  7:08:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vil,

Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been having over the years. I remember that you had a spontaneous crown based kundalini awakening before coming to AYP. Spontaneous premature crown awakenings can sometimes be difficult to handle, especially if they are part of a pattern of premature awakenings happening over life-times. But even so, there is a lot that can be done to bring the situation under control.

I look forward to seeing your answers to the questionnaire, as I know that will be very useful as a starting point. I am sure there are many here who will be able to help you.

best wishes,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  8:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jusmail, there is so much wisdom in your post that I will have to refer back to it often. Wow, thank you so much for your thoughtful reply.

Christi, I have always benefitted from your posts in years past and will continue to do so in the future. You always bring so much to the forum that has always brought insight and new perspectives to look at things in a different light. It was really nice to interact with you again. Someone's name I recognize and truly respect.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments.

Namaste to all,
Vil

Edited by - VIL on Jan 12 2017 8:22:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  10:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, Jusmail, your posts are usually very condensed, this one is a real treat!

Wishing you peace VIL do offer up more so this forum can facilitate your needs.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  03:38:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

When we close our hearts to hurt, sorrow, and discomfort, we also close our hearts to love, joy, and connection. When we open our hearts, we make ourselves vulnerable to experiencing many different emotions.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  09:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

Joy and Sorrow
Kahlil Gibran wrote in
The Prophet:
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter’s
oven?
And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with
knives?
When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that
which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth
you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
I love this passage and find it to be very wise and insightful. When we close our
hearts to hurt, sorrow, and discomfort, we also close our hearts to love, joy, and
connection. When we open our hearts, we make ourselves vulnerable to experiencing
many different emotions.

So true, jusmail.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000