Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Online Meditation Course
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  4:16:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone!

Wanted to share my latest project with this family. As some of you know, I've been teaching AYP practices for many years now, and have held annual retreats every year for the last 5 years.

DM changed my life when I was starting out in my career in cardiology. It also changed my medical practice, where I began to incorporate it into my patient care. I started teaching patients to meditate during office visits and when they started asking for a place to bring their loved ones, I started a holistic prevention program running over 6 months and ending with a weekend retreat.

My program has morphed as I've started to bring in my training and experience in Ayurveda, Vedanta, tantra and the Direct Path into my courses.

I've realized that office visits can't be taken up to teach meditation. But it is necessary. Plus I've had a growing demand from patients to hold more classes in various areas, which is not possible due to my time constraints. Moreover, my colleagues wanted to know how they could prescribe meditation not having a practice themselves.
Besides, many of the participants of my programs wanted guided meditations for occasional use (to keep them motivated and on track).

All good problems to have..

So.. I've created an online meditation course where the core practice is AYP DM but I also go through meditation on the breath, mindfulness, walking meditation and yoga nidra as alternative or adjunctive practices. I've created tools for accountability and ongoing support (though of course, there is no support like we get here!).

Finally, I (and my colleagues) have a tool that is easy to prescribe and share and accessible on all devices and platforms.

As always, I'm deeply indebted to Yogani for changing my life and through me, the lives of my patients, their families, coworkers, students and friends (I've even taught DM to roomfuls of cardiologists and other healthcare providers at various conferences!)

For more info and to access this course, please click here.

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  4:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Such a beautiful website, Kami. Simple, straightforward, radiant.

Well done! You're a true leader and inspiration for those of us who want to bring AYP and other spiritual tools to the community. Thank you for sharing your creation and course offerings!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  7:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  11:06:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Such a beautiful website, Kami. Simple, straightforward, radiant.

Well done! You're a true leader and inspiration for those of us who want to bring AYP and other spiritual tools to the community. Thank you for sharing your creation and course offerings!

Thank you dear Bodhi, for your constant encouragement, companionship, love and support. It means the world to me.

Thank you for the love, dear lalow!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  04:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  7:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kami, Great service to the community. It is intersting as I am teaching meditation in Ford over here in Detroit as well. Sometime people come after they visit Dr.'s office for any issue and first thing they say start doing breathing and meditation.Actually that is where the real issue lies.

Wonderful to hear from you.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  10:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
for your service
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  10:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kami,

You are such an inspiration. I can't wait to dive in and go through the wisdom in the website.

I love that saree-very elegant. You are Goddess Saraswati incarnate.

Love you,
Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  10:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Kami!

Your website looks very professional. I would like to recommend it to my yoga students, but I will have to take the course myself first. Is this ok with you?

Warmest wishes!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2017 :  1:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by pkj

Kami, Great service to the community. It is intersting as I am teaching meditation in Ford over here in Detroit as well. Sometime people come after they visit Dr.'s office for any issue and first thing they say start doing breathing and meditation.Actually that is where the real issue lies.

Whoa! You're here, pkj?? We should meet up! Would love to chat with you and support you in any way. Please let me know.

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2017 :  1:41:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Dear Kami,

You are such an inspiration. I can't wait to dive in and go through the wisdom in the website.

I love that saree-very elegant. You are Goddess Saraswati incarnate.

Love you,
Sunyata

Oh that brought happy tears, dear Sunyata. You are so kind and gracious. Thank you for your love and support.

The blog segment on my website is a work in progress. But I recently wrote an article for a magazine. It was about healing after the election. Maybe it will interest you:

https://bestselfmedia.com/path-of-the-heart/

Thank you again, dear sister. Hugs to you.

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2017 :  1:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

Hi, Kami!

Your website looks very professional. I would like to recommend it to my yoga students, but I will have to take the course myself first. Is this ok with you?

Warmest wishes!

Hi Blanche,

Thank you! Oh yes, absolutely please do. I'd love your feedback so version 2.0 can be better. And thank you so much for recommending to your students!

Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2017 :  3:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou kami .
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2017 :  8:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely yes, we should meet sometime. Really loved your website. Very inspiring..
Go to Top of Page

mark25

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  05:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami.
First of all, this is a very useful resource, particularly given the recent Harvard study on the effect of chronic stress. The "evidence base" is always slow to respond to data. Chandra Patel was advocating the use of yoga 40+ years ago to address chronic stress effects on health. So, it's good to see you making this widely available.
On a "purist" note, I've listened to your DM guided meditation. I don't believe it's strictly Yogani's method, particularly the refining of the mantra. Perhaps he might want to comment. However, I am probably being too pedantic as the benefits to health are unlikely to be affected by any slight deviation from Yogani's instructions.
Ultimately, you are providing a substantial service in making this available. I have already recommended it to a number of friends.
I wish you every success.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  7:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mark25

Hi Kami.
First of all, this is a very useful resource, particularly given the recent Harvard study on the effect of chronic stress. The "evidence base" is always slow to respond to data. Chandra Patel was advocating the use of yoga 40+ years ago to address chronic stress effects on health. So, it's good to see you making this widely available.
On a "purist" note, I've listened to your DM guided meditation. I don't believe it's strictly Yogani's method, particularly the refining of the mantra. Perhaps he might want to comment. However, I am probably being too pedantic as the benefits to health are unlikely to be affected by any slight deviation from Yogani's instructions.
Ultimately, you are providing a substantial service in making this available. I have already recommended it to a number of friends.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your support and encouragement. Thank you also for pointing out the issue about refining the mantra. I'll look into it.

Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  05:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear pkj,

I am a long-time engineer in the Detroit area, and I have been doing DM, pranayama, and Asana for about 7 years. My spiritual practices go back to about 1971 when in college, when Transcendental Meditation trainers came to my college and offered low-priced initiations and instruction. I practiced that for about 7 years. I now work at a Tier 1 in Plymouth, especially after the Visteon split and the meltdown in 2009. I'm very intrigued by what you are doing at Ford and how you manage it. I have thought of trying to start a meditation activity or group at my current employer. I would be very interested to email and possibly to meet to discuss and see what is done and think about how it could be done at my place.

It sounds like you are doing great work!

Best regards,

kensbikes100, Ann Arbor

quote:
Originally posted by pkj

Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  9:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ken,

That will be very nice. I am always trying to help others to start simple meditation technique at the workplace. It is interesting as in the last couple of years that about 100 people have learned the technique and doing the meditation at there homes as well. Now I work in Dearborn and teach meditation over there. but I live close to Ann Arbor. Definitely we can meet and I can have a session with you and tell you all the tools for starting a session. It is so wonderful to hear from you. Yes you can email me and we can discuss the logistics.

Cheers

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2017 :  10:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami,

Great website and very clear instructions. Thank you for sharing it here!
Blanche

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2017 :  07:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mark25

Hi Kami.

Hi Mark,
Thanks again! I've updated the instructions regarding the mantra refining. So appreciate your input.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2017 :  07:31:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kensbikes100

Dear pkj,

I am a long-time engineer in the Detroit area, and I have been doing DM, pranayama, and Asana for about 7 years. My spiritual practices go back to about 1971 when in college, when Transcendental Meditation trainers came to my college and offered low-priced initiations and instruction. I practiced that for about 7 years. I now work at a Tier 1 in Plymouth, especially after the Visteon split and the meltdown in 2009. I'm very intrigued by what you are doing at Ford and how you manage it. I have thought of trying to start a meditation activity or group at my current employer. I would be very interested to email and possibly to meet to discuss and see what is done and think about how it could be done at my place.

It sounds like you are doing great work!

Best regards,

kensbikes100, Ann Arbor

quote:
Originally posted by pkj

Lovely to see more AYP people from this area! I too live close to Ann Arbor, in Plymouth actually! It's also wonderful to see how many of us are bringing meditation to the workplace. Wish you both the very best.

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2017 :  07:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

Hi Kami,

Great website and very clear instructions. Thank you for sharing it here!
Blanche

Blanche,

Thank you so much for checking it out. Means so much.

Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2017 :  7:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami,

Thanks and we also live in Canton next to Plymouth.
Also very intersting we were meeting our friends at dinner and it happened during conversation they happen to know you as well. I think you may be going to EMU for the Bal Vihar annual function next month. I will be there as well. So there is possibility we can meet over there.

Cheers

PKJ

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000