Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Can't rest in proper Savasana (Corpse pose)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  1:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi.

After doing my Asanas, Pranayama and Meditation, when I proceed to lay down to Rest, my legs automatically cross and I automatically start doing moolabandha.

Like this: https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wor...?w=580&h=436

What does this mean? Is it trying to uplift the energy upwards / prevent it from going out?

Kind regards,
Buu.

PS: Also in this situation, my hands automatically interlock in either the heart or the navel.

Edited by - Buu on Dec 31 2016 1:46:36 PM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2017 :  09:40:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds like some automatic yoga is happening. You have subconsciously realised you're onto something with your yoga practices and there's the drive to get to results quickly! The impulse to press on the perineum you describe in another post is just another manifestation of the same drive.

It is a sign the practices are working. Be careful about doing too much. Automatic yoga adds to the effect of your other practices, so I will repeat my advice to give some thought to self-pacing.

Automatic yoga impulses are not outside your control. If you decide it's best to check them for the sake of self-pacing, gently direct your awareness towards these impulses without encouraging them and you will find they subside.

Practice wisely and enjoy
Go to Top of Page

Buu

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  1:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you BlueRaincoat!

Kind regards,
Buu.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000