New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  11:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Above all,it is my opinion that the desire or bhakti of an individual is what makes or breaks a spiritual or meditation practice for that particular individual.

With that said,IMO,it is the breathing practices such as SBP,before meditation,that make DM and AYP such a powerful practice.One builds upon the other synergistically producing a combined effect that is more powerful than just meditation alone. This in turn accelerates the development of inner silence that,as Pilgrim stated,leads to the cultivation and,in my experience,the experiencing of being that pure awareness or witness consciousness.

Since I am not familiar with TM or mindfulness meditation(other than watching the breath),as a stand alone practice,does it contain an energy or pranayama practice before meditating?

Edited by - lateralus on Mar 01 2017 01:04:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  04:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lateralus, my POV is that we should avoid comparing systems. Even comparing practices is very difficult (actually, it's probably even pointless): as you say, practicing SBP and DM as per AYP is a very powerful blend, and it would not be appropriate to compare that blend to any other SINGLE meditation technique (actually, not even to DM as a stand alone practice). But even trying to compare single practices (let's say DM vs. breath meditation) is very difficult : since one does not practice the two techniques at the same time, how can one say which one is better? The only thing one can say is "I had these and these results after using DM as a stand alone practice during the last two years", but who knows what results breath meditation would have brought in the same two years?

By the way, I think that the concepts of "mindfulness" and "mindfulness meditation" is not very clear for many practitioners. Maybe it's made unclear because of the huge business about mindfulness, marketing practices and classes and seminars and books... Justvlike the concept of "yoga" is made unclear by the whole yoga business.

Edited by - Ecdyonurus on Mar 01 2017 06:23:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  10:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
for me being mindful is many things ,i am mindful of not driving too fast this is related to action ,i am mindful of what i watch, read ,and eat ,i am mindful of my speech ,i witness these thoughts in daily life knowing that i colour them good bad indiferent neutral they all rise in the mind field come and go creating my stream of existence ,in meditation they arise just the same without the stimulas of the outward going senses i watch them and then let them go ,i am being mindful of what my mind is doing ,behind this lies the one doing the watching the one being mindful ,there is the gross the subtle and casual the levels go deeper ,from being mindful to knowing the subtle patterns, and then the casual from where all the tendencies come from, beyond all concepts the atman, individual merging with the universal .....with hope and grace...
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2018 :  5:44:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kensbikes100

Looking back on this, I think it is better to do DM or ™ than to be concerned about mindullness.

I'm replying to myself (how's that for a bit of practical mindfulness?):

For me it is better to focus on maintaining and executing my practices at my pace, which leads to a sort of constant attitude of mindfulness as I subsequently move through my little world, than to take on detailed techniques in response to sellers of spirit saying they have what is good for me. As an engineer I have a plethora of new details to add to my iife on a near-daily basis (why oh why are we revising ths procedure again??).
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2018 :  7:57:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, in a complex world, simplicity is the best path.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000