Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 important info regarding overload symptoms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sn19

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2016 :  10:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello all,

It may be disheartening to read meditators' accounts of overload on this site. I am tired of reading people whine, including my own whining in previous posts. The typical advice - "ground yourself" - is often vague and means different things to different people.

Based on my experience I've come to the conclusion that severe overload symptoms are a great indicator of an underlying health issue. They are screaming "something is wrong with you" whereas without meditation the health issue remains dormant and silently ravages your body, with few or no symptoms.

The two main causes of health issues are deficiency (of vitamins, minerals, oils, etc.) and toxicity (pollutants, bad food combinations, etc).

Here is some advice that may be helpful to some of you, ordered by priority:

• cut out sugar completely from your diet. That includes sweet fruits, dried fruits, etc

• switch to a low carb, high fat (a.k.a LCHF) diet especially if your digestive fire is weak. More carbs are ok if pitta is strong. By all means eliminate bread, roti, potatoes and rice. LCHF is beneficial even if you are thin as a twig.

• check your vitamin D and B12 blood levels (deficiency of 1 results in deficiency of the other) and use high doses of supplements to get back to normal. Then switch to natural food sources instead of supplements.

• perform yoga asanas daily. A high carb diet makes the body stiff and resistant to asanas. Cut the carbs if progress with asanas is slow and frustrating.

• use high power superfoods like a spirulina drink made of spirulina powder, perilla seed oil (high omega-3) and water.

• get blood checkups from your doctor's office, including rarely ordered tests like A1C, vitamin levels, etc

• pure (alkaline) water, such as tap water filtered by Berkey like ceramic filters (these are common in India), plus a pinch of baking soda

• 2 or more spoons of coconut oil per day

This worked for me.
Even the great yogi Milarepa benefitted from an improved diet.

quote:
"They left, and Milarepa ate the good food they had brought. The sensation of pleasure and pain and the feelings of hunger increased so much that he could no longer meditate. He thought that there was no greater obstacle for me than this inability to meditate. Breaking the seal of the scroll that the lama had given him, He looked at it. It contained the essential instructions to overcome obstacles and improve practice, instructions for transforming vice into virtue, and more especially the advice to take good food at this time."

(emphasis mine).
As an erstwhile strict vegan and practitioner of regular fasting I had caused great harm to my body, including neurological problems.
The above steps went a long way toward reversing my poor condition.

References:
1. "Never be sick again" book by Raymond Francis.
2. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/benefits
3. "First Steps to Higher Yoga: An Exposition to First Five Constituents of Yoga" Yoga Niketan Trust, New Delhi. (a great source of asanas - these have not be tamped down for inflexible whiteys)
4. http://www.thranguhk.org/buddhism/en_milarepa.html

Edited by - AYPforum on Dec 22 2016 7:27:07 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2016 :  7:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2016 :  06:43:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Eating good food is also a grounding technique. Consuming meat (for those who are inclined to it) is encouraged when K is very strong. As you go deep into meditation, your body will guide you on what foods to consume.
Go to Top of Page

BeezBuzz

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  02:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sn19

Here is some advice that may be helpful to some of you, ordered by priority:

• cut out sugar completely from your diet. That includes sweet fruits, dried fruits, etc

• switch to a low carb, high fat (a.k.a LCHF) diet especially if your digestive fire is weak. More carbs are ok if pitta is strong. By all means eliminate bread, roti, potatoes and rice. LCHF is beneficial even if you are thin as a twig.

• check your vitamin D and B12 blood levels (deficiency of 1 results in deficiency of the other) and use high doses of supplements to get back to normal. Then switch to natural food sources instead of supplements.

• perform yoga asanas daily. A high carb diet makes the body stiff and resistant to asanas. Cut the carbs if progress with asanas is slow and frustrating.

• use high power superfoods like a spirulina drink made of spirulina powder, perilla seed oil (high omega-3) and water.

• get blood checkups from your doctor's office, including rarely ordered tests like A1C, vitamin levels, etc

• pure (alkaline) water, such as tap water filtered by Berkey like ceramic filters (these are common in India), plus a pinch of baking soda

• 2 or more spoons of coconut oil per day

This worked for me.
Even the great yogi Milarepa benefitted from an improved diet.

quote:
"They left, and Milarepa ate the good food they had brought. The sensation of pleasure and pain and the feelings of hunger increased so much that he could no longer meditate. He thought that there was no greater obstacle for me than this inability to meditate. Breaking the seal of the scroll that the lama had given him, He looked at it. It contained the essential instructions to overcome obstacles and improve practice, instructions for transforming vice into virtue, and more especially the advice to take good food at this time."

(emphasis mine).
As an erstwhile strict vegan and practitioner of regular fasting I had caused great harm to my body, including neurological problems.
The above steps went a long way toward reversing my poor condition.

References:
1. "Never be sick again" book by Raymond Francis.
2. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/benefits
3. "First Steps to Higher Yoga: An Exposition to First Five Constituents of Yoga" Yoga Niketan Trust, New Delhi. (a great source of asanas - these have not be tamped down for inflexible whiteys)
4. http://www.thranguhk.org/buddhism/en_milarepa.html

I already follow these steps and I agree, it makes a big difference
Go to Top of Page

Jefftos

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  7:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I actually came back here to give similar advice. I spent about a year thinking I was overloading, I'd do five minutes of deep meditation and go off the wall on energy. Recently for health reasons I cut down my sugar intake to nothing but fruit and a small amount of added sugar occasionally and wouldn't you know it all my overloading ceased to be an issue. My body was apparently trying to tell me to put the cookies down but I'd been ignoring it to my own peril.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000