Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 changes in senitivity, how much is too much?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  06:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

i got an insight last week to hold mulabandha (and sambhavi as well, as soon as I tried it).
Got so good, I basically don't do SBP anymore.

I mean, now and then I follow the breath but I found it is better for me that if I do it, to do it ever so lightly. Basically it is better for me to just forget about the breath, so I follow it automatically if at all. Hope that makes sense.
Anyway,
me being on a cautious side, I do not want to overdo things.

I mean, I have previously felt something in SBP and DM, but this thing seems to be growing pretty fast. If it progesses so, it might soon be too much.

I know that kumbhakas are potentially dangereous because of their potency, and I do not know if this thing is also to be considered as such.

Not much description of how these changes in 'sensitivity' occur in the lessons, at least haven't found it.
Maybe I am overcautious, but if anyone can shed any light..?
Figuratively speaking

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  08:26:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mykal,

Good things are happening, that's how it works..... All practices become kind of automatic, like you are not the doer, you will be done

Important is to self-pace if you notice it's to much, natural kumbhaka is not dangerous, only if we force. Self-pace is needed if you feel irritable, lethargic or not grounded during the day.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  08:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I have overdone it, as I cannot think straight.
Slowing down...
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  08:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charlie, you dog,
we crossposted.
Sorry, everything is too funny right now.

Yeah, just got interesting and I have to slow down right away. What a bummer.
No really, need to get my act together.
Can't be all the time.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  08:45:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, know what you mean, keep it slow, but don't give up.

a little is better than
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  08:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  09:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mykal,

Best to self-pace if overloading. I started Mulabandha and Sambhavi and the whole body mudra along with Kumbhaka became automatic.
I didn't realize this was happening until months later as it was so smooth and organic. The body knows what it's doing.

Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  10:05:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you sunyata.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000