Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 A Nice Little Christmas Story
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  10:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've seen this pine tree decorated with ornaments and a sign underneath saying it's in honor of the homeowners' son that passed away in 2014. It's decorated from Thanksgiving to New Years.

This year, I kept having thoughts that I need to put a present under that tree when I passed it. I kept talking myself out of it, but one day, I didn't have those thoughts. I bought a little candle, had it wrapped and put in a plastic bag(it was sprinkling rain). I picked up the kids from school, went to the house, and it was raining heavily.

Someone was home, so I decided to just knock on the door and hand it over. You know what? I met the nicest lady. She told me a bit about her son and the tree. The tree is actually for everyone. There's a sign that I missed that says anyone can hang ornaments for lost loved ones. She takes care of the ornaments and rehangs them every year. I had told her about losing 2 nephews in the past couple years. She said I can hang ornaments and that it's better if they are heavy, but if not, she is willing to chase them in a wind storm.

We ended up hugging. I left there, so happy. My husband wants to do it, so we are buying ornaments in honor of our nephews and hanging them on this tree.

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  10:51:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that's beautiful, thank you for sharing lalow.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  12:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  2:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  3:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy Holidays.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  9:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
serendipity
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  11:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  02:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  12:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all. I had doubting thoughts about even writing this post, but my intuition said write it. I guess I have thoughts that I should not say if I'm doing anything nice, I should keep quite. " Oh Lori, you just want attention. Blah, Blah, Blah."
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  02:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful story. My daughter does not want us to have a tree this year - it is too painful - as we used to decorate the tree as a family with a lot of squabbling over whose angel should be placed at the top of the tree. We have three white angels; one for each of us. I bought them the very first Christmas we spent in our own home; it was also shortly after "acquiring" my new adopted daughter; one carries a heart was given to my son (heart of my heart); the second one carries a flower was given to my daughter (flower of my heart) and the third one (mine)carries a star.
Most beautiful Christmas ever.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  04:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  06:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sey
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  08:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  1:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful story, Sey. We have our ornaments, and I'm hanging them the lady's tree today. I'm so happy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000