Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Struggling badly with amped up energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jambon

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  10:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi ,

I am hoping I can get some advice here .

I don't know if its kundalini or just too much energy but I am having some troubling symptoms that are making hard for me to function .

It has been going on for a few years and has been troubling but lately it has been particularly intense .

I wake with a full golf ball feeling in my throat and a sense of disease . during the day this throat sensation migrates up into my face and head causing me to tighten my facial muscles and for my skull bones to crack , It also pushes against the spot in the middle of my forehead . The next step is that ill burp a lot or have a vomiting reflux without any nausea or sickness . This cycle can complete itself up to 4 times in a day . I also experience pleasant trickles of liquid sensation moving in my head but these nice bits are sporadic.

Filling out this questionnaire below has been helpful and insightful . I am studying tai chi in a very good school with a great teacher and I have really taken to it . It is possible that tai chi is only making this process worse .

Im not sure what I should do , encourage this energy so that it can move freely around me or try to dampen it down .Should I see it as a good thing that's changing me for the better ? I'm considering anti depressants as I have read they can stop this kind of problem . It is impacting on my life in such a way that I'm worried I wont be able to function well , work , socialize etc .Bit confused .

Questionnaire

1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?

Varying , pressure in chest , throat blocked sensation , forehead pressure , skull cracking loudly like knuckles , tongue wagging , face muscles spasming , jaw pain , chin pain , strange pleasant trickles in and around head and forehead , depression , old emotions resurfacing , burping and vomit reflex without nausea or sick sensation.

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?

Head pressure more or less constant , all other symptoms come and go for phases , currently having jaw and throat pressure , overwhelming to the point where I can not function.

[b]3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous? Unsure , began meditating and reading spiritual literature then noticed a pressure in the chest area that eventually became overwhelming . Have taken up tai chi since to move energy around .That may have been a bad idea .

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction? I am realizing this now . I have become serious about tai chi and have a 2 hour daily practice as well as classes with a teacher and seminars .I realize It may not be helping an d may be cultivating more energy than my system can cope with at this time .

5. Do you consider yourself to be “sensitive” to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity?
In hindsight I see that I am . When I approach meditation I feel uncomfortable pains in the chakra areas . I have felt electric shocks in my body when practicing tai chi .

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation? I doubt it , there has been a 10 year gap between my last drug use and the start of this (pot) .

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms? I had traumas(bereavements , assaults,) and they seem to be coming up along with all this .

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms? Possibly , I have lost interest in sex so Im not releasing sexually but this is because my symptoms such as head pressure etc have taken away my sex drive , I never set out with a goal of limiting or abstaining .

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini? Im a vegetarian who eats dairy .

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms?I need to do more of this if it helps .

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini? Im not particularly devotional .

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies? No Im unemployed and my symptoms in their current extra intense state make it difficult for me to change that scenario .

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result? No , I cant imagine trying to explain this to my M.D . I presume hed just prescribe anti depressants . I would take them at this stage if it could amp this down .

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above? Unsure , not sure if I should push through with this energy or try to pull it back.

[b]15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender?because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.
Early 30’s Male

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  1:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jambon,

Welcome to the forum! There is a similar thread floating around. See link below. Christi has given excellent advice regarding this.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=16542

Also, you need to ground and self pace. See lesson 69 http://www.aypsite.org/69.html
Lesson 201 http://www.aypsite.org/201.html

Wishing you the best

Edited by - sunyata on Nov 28 2016 1:45:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  07:24:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Jambon

You've already received good advice from Sunyata.

Tai chi can be good for grounding, especially if practised outside (a bit cold for that in the UK at this time of year though). But like any practice, if you do it in excess it will contribute to the overload. Two hours a day seem like a lot.

You could try just grounding activities and no tai chi for a while, then try adding 20 minutes of tai chi and see what happens. An awakened kundalini makes you very sensitive to practices, so you need to trim down the time accordingly.

I would only try antidepressants as a last resort. In my experience at least, drugs that alter nervous activity don't do anything much for kundalini problems. A few years back I was prescribed a tricyclic antidepressant (amitriptyline) for insomnia and muscular tension and it was useless. All it did was to send me into a kind of stupor for the night and I would wake up just as tired, possibly even more tired the day after.

Best wishes. I hope you feel better soon.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  09:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jambon,

You received already great advice from Sunyata and Blueraincoat. I would like to add, it can be helpful to talk with your great teacher. My own experience on the yoga path was that my teacher could give me a mirror, which gave me many insights on the serious path. Sometimes I didn't understand him right away, but then it dawns in later.
Just be with him for some time was already helpful to me.

Best wishes

PS I understand your confusion, slowly it will be ok and manageable , changes will come to your life

Edited by - Charliedog on Nov 29 2016 10:02:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  7:57:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jambon

When first learning tai chi, I was a bit like you ... couldn't get enough of it. But I was also living with and caring for my elderly father at the time, which served to effectively ground my energy. About a year and a half after his passing, spontaneous kundalini awakening became very intense. Eventually I had to give up tai chi for a couple years, because it generated too much surplus energy. Also, it had become a form of devotional meditation for me. I found it necessary to give up anything that was at all spiritual, in order to calm down the energy. Don't know if that helps but wanted to share my experience. Tai chi practice can be wonderful as a moving meditation for smoothing out one's energy, but it also tends to ramp up the energy in the beginning of a k awakening ... when one generally wants less intensity with the energy.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000