AYPsite.org Forum
 Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Healing nervous system diseases
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2016 :  03:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I'm thinking that as yoga practices purifies the nervous system,for advancing in yoga and ultimately enlightenment, is it necessary to heal the nervous system in the physical level,for example healing something like polio which is a nervous system disease,or not?

appreciate any response

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2016 :  10:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I mean is healthy (physical) body a prerequisite for enlightenment?
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2016 :  3:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by angeleeyes

I mean is healthy (physical) body a prerequisite for enlightenment?

Hi angeleeyes,

I heard an account of a man who awoke ("enlightened") while lying half dead in hospital. After this happening, he went back to his old life as a simple vegetable seller in the market place. When people asked his blessings, he silently wished for them to become as sick as he used to be so they could enlighten the same way he did

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2016 :  5:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleyes,

The nervous system that is purified through yoga is the subtle nervous system. This is the system of chakras and nadis that go to make up the subtle energetic body, also sometimes called the energy body or astral body.

This is not the same as the physical nerves, which run through the physical body, carrying electrical signals from the brain. The physical nerves can be seen by the human eye, the subtle nerves cannot. If someone is suffering a disease which effects the nervous system, this would not effect their ability to practice yoga, or their path to enlightenment. In fact it is possible for someone who is completely paralysed, to become enlightened.

Having said that, maintaining good physical health is very useful to the extent that we are able to. There is a relationship between the physical body and the subtle body and a healthy physical body will tend to carry more prana and be more energised and so be a better vehicle for enlightenment.

You may find this lesson useful:

Physical Fitness and Yoga

Christi

Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2016 :  04:23:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Christi,

Thank you for your reply, it was very useful.

Unfortunately I'm not AYP plus member so, I couldn't access the Lesson,but thank you anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2016 :  05:02:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hello Christi,

Thank you for your reply, it was very useful.

Unfortunately I'm not AYP plus member so, I couldn't access the Lesson,but thank you anyway.

You can find it here: http://www.aypsite.org/80.html
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2016 :  09:47:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleeyes,

quote:

You can join AYP Plus if you want to. If you are not able to afford it, there are scholarships available. Just email Yogani and he can set that up for you.

Yogani is adding hundreds of lesson additions to the main lessons on the Plus site, so you will benefit from that. He is also in the process of adding audio to all of the main lessons and tantra lessons. There is also a more dedicated support forum in AYP Plus, with advice being given by experienced practitioners like Yogani.

So it is worth checking out, if you have not done so already.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Poncho

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  11:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi all,

I'm thinking that as yoga practices purifies the nervous system,for advancing in yoga and ultimately enlightenment, is it necessary to heal the nervous system in the physical level,for example healing something like polio which is a nervous system disease,or not?

appreciate any response

Chronic nervous system diseases often tend to be "emotionally" based. Thus while our subtle energy fields and physical nervous system are seperate they are still connected. Significant emotional trauma's which we have not fully processed and released is transferred into the physical nervous system and stored. Too much stored emotional trauma leads to nervous system disease.

This is recognized not just by spiritual and traditional\alternative healing schools but also modern medicine. See for example Multiple Sclerosis which has been heavily linked with Childhood trauma. Studies showing high correlation between emotinoal trauma and later life onset of the disease here. There are numerous showing studies with similar results -> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22408134

Spiritual practices and body such as Yoga, Qi Gong, Ta chi, Acupuncture and others such as TRE shaking serve to purify the energy systems in the body. This effects both the physical and subtle energy fields. AS the subtle energy fields are purified it forces the negative dense lower energy trauma to the surface to be released. Thus yoga is able to serve two purposes - as our spiritual energy advances it helps force residual trauma out of the physical body helping to treat existing illness \ prevent future illness. Obviously with serious medical issues you should still be working with your doctor and following their advice - but yoga etc should be seen as a key part of a wholistic healing process.

Edited by - Poncho on Jan 03 2017 12:20:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  10:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Poncho

Chronic nervous system diseases often tend to be "emotionally" based. Thus while our subtle energy fields and physical nervous system are seperate they are still connected. Significant emotional trauma's which we have not fully processed and released is transferred into the physical nervous system and stored. Too much stored emotional trauma leads to nervous system disease.

This is recognized not just by spiritual and traditional\alternative healing schools but also modern medicine. See for example Multiple Sclerosis which has been heavily linked with Childhood trauma. Studies showing high correlation between emotinoal trauma and later life onset of the disease here. There are numerous showing studies with similar results -> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22408134

Spiritual practices and body such as Yoga, Qi Gong, Ta chi, Acupuncture and others such as TRE shaking serve to purify the energy systems in the body. This effects both the physical and subtle energy fields. AS the subtle energy fields are purified it forces the negative dense lower energy trauma to the surface to be released. Thus yoga is able to serve two purposes - as our spiritual energy advances it helps force residual trauma out of the physical body helping to treat existing illness \ prevent future illness. Obviously with serious medical issues you should still be working with your doctor and following their advice - but yoga etc should be seen as a key part of a wholistic healing process.

Very interesting, Poncho... does this apply to mental illnesses like depression and schizoaffective disorder as well? I'm not sure how much these illnesses are involved with nerve problems but from my own experience I'm inclined to think that it is heavily related. I find in myself that I have blocked areas of my body which seem to involve blocked nerves and also blocked muscle tissue (smooth and voluntary) which is just holding tension all the time. I find that doing yoga can help release the blockages which also releases emotions and memories, which I try to just ignore and release.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000