Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 mudra usage in meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kailash

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  01:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
excuse me if this is already covered in the books.

when you become comfortable with sambhavi-mulabhanda is it efficacious to hold it for the entire duration of meditation?

Thus far, i have been primarily using it during pranayam. I seem to recall various yogins speaking of using it during the entire duration of normal sitting meditation. anyone have any insight on this? does it distract from meditation at all? does the boosted ecstatic conductivty make up for the muscular effort involved?

I am thinking of building up to using kechari-sambhavi-mulabhanda for the entire duration of sitting meditation.

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  05:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kailash,

If you've practiced the mudras for some time already, they may become a second habit and occur spontaneously during meditation which is perfect.

If it requires effort rather than just happening spontaneously, it is not advised to use them in meditation.

The recommended approach in AYP is to use the mudras, in the right time, during the pranayam practice first. They become part of the meditation session once it is so much of a habit during spinal breathing that the mudras continue to happen during the meditation session. This is discussed in Lesson 190: http://www.aypsite.com/plus/190.html.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  06:11:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If you've practiced the mudras for some time already, they may become a second habit and occur spontaneously during meditation which is perfect.

This is my experience too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000