Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 Samyama vs Anapanasati (both with "seed"?)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2016 :  12:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hey guys I am trying to wrap my head around what is samadhi without seed.

I have experienced deep Satori - and saw who I am really are + got 1000+ different insights. It was a spontaneous experience.

Also with concentration practices and having heart as a concentration object after reaching dhyana - I started to experiencing savikalpa samadhi...but came out of it because instead of letting it happen...I didn't.

So the way I understand when there is a concentration object - breath / sound / feeling you will experience savikalpa samadhi

What exactly should be concentration object in order to reach Nirvikalpa Samadhi? Am I assuming it right that if i would focus just being consious and being I am....it will go to the nirvikalpa samadhi?

Also for some reason Samyama process - has description as Dharana / Dhyana / Samadhi - I already bought book for Samyama practice from AYP. But the practice is very short - 5-10 minutes maximum...

Can we reach samadhi by doing samyama? It seems 5-10 minutes is very short period for concentration / meditation / absorbtion.

Am I right that doing Anapanasati - the best you can reach will be Savikalpa Samadhi and not Nirvikalpa?

Thanks

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2016 :  1:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nothingatall,

Samadhi can be entered through many different practices, or even through no practice at all, as you found with your spontaneous experience.

Samadhi can certainly be entered through samyama practice and in fact is quite likely as we are releasing sutras into silence. If you find 10 minutes too short for samyama practice you can increase the practice to 20 minutes, by increasing the repetitions of each sutra to 4 each and then adding 10 minutes on to the end with just one sutra.

This will be discussed in the Samyama book and also in lesson 150.

It can be helpful not to put too much emphasis on trying to understand the various kinds of samadhi, from an intellectual point of view. It is easier to simply experience them and come to know them for yourself. Essentially samadhi "with seed" is samadhi where consciousness has some movement in it. Samadhi "without seed", is samadhi where consciousness is completely still, and so is able to reflect pure awareness with no distortion.

If we enter samadhi "with seed" often enough, it will eventually lead to samadhi "without seed", so all that is necessary is to be able to develop enough inner silence to be able to enter samadhi.

It is not the case that anapanasati will necessarily only lead to savikalpa samadhi, but other forms of meditation such as Deep Meditation are more likely to lead to nirvikalpa samadhi, as they go deeper into stillness and silence.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2016 :  2:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christy for an explanation.

For me the most natural practice out of all. Just being conscious without any object for concentration...at first thoughts arise but I just push them away..and then eventually I enter the state when I no longer need to push my thoughts...

After long time for some reason - I am still conscious without disturbance but my awareness level a bit lessened. I am not sure why is this happening...when i have object as concentration - with time my awareness get even more steady and "clean" but when there is no object - my awareness drops a bit.

Do you know why? Also with being conscious and just being I am - does this leads to Nirvikalpa Samadhi?

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Nothingatall,

Samadhi can be entered through many different practices, or even through no practice at all, as you found with your spontaneous experience.

Samadhi can certainly be entered through samyama practice and in fact is quite likely as we are releasing sutras into silence. If you find 10 minutes too short for samyama practice you can increase the practice to 20 minutes, by increasing the repetitions of each sutra to 4 each and then adding 10 minutes on to the end with just one sutra.

This will be discussed in the Samyama book and also in lesson 150.

It can be helpful not to put too much emphasis on trying to understand the various kinds of samadhi, from an intellectual point of view. It is easier to simply experience them and come to know them for yourself. Essentially samadhi "with seed" is samadhi where consciousness has some movement in it. Samadhi "without seed", is samadhi where consciousness is completely still, and so is able to reflect pure awareness with no distortion.

If we enter samadhi "with seed" often enough, it will eventually lead to samadhi "without seed", so all that is necessary is to be able to develop enough inner silence to be able to enter samadhi.

It is not the case that anapanasati will necessarily only lead to savikalpa samadhi, but other forms of meditation such as Deep Meditation are more likely to lead to nirvikalpa samadhi, as they go deeper into stillness and silence.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2016 :  5:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nothingatall,

As I mentioned above, it is possible to enter samadhi through many techniques and even without any technique. So yes, both the techniques you are describing here, that of pushing thoughts away deliberately and that or resting in the state of "I am", can lead to samadhi.

However the technique of Deep Meditation, that is used as a meditation practice in AYP, is a very advanced form of meditation and is more effective in cultivating inner silence and bringing about samadhi, than the techniques that you are describing. The first, that of pushing thoughts away, will set up a battle with the mind. The second, that of resting in the state of "I am", is a passive technique, rather than a progressive technique. Using a mantra as a meditation object as it is used with Deep Meditation, is a progressive technique whereby we can come to deeper and deeper levels of stillness, having a meditation object to come back to whenever we realize that we are off it.

Without a meditation object, the mind can become dull, as you mention.

So if you are interested in cultivating nirvikalpa samadhi, I would recommend that you learn Deep Meditation practice. It is described in the book on Deep Meditation and also in AYP Plus from lesson 13 onwards.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2016 :  9:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi now I understand what is happening - and the real terminology - basically without the object it becomes dull and uninterested so that's why awareness lessen. So if I understood correctly our job is to keep - clean awareness and at the same time still our mind :)

quote:

Hi Nothingatall,

As I mentioned above, it is possible to enter samadhi through many techniques and even without any technique. So yes, both the techniques you are describing here, that of pushing thoughts away deliberately and that or resting in the state of "I am", can lead to samadhi.

However the technique of Deep Meditation, that is used as a meditation practice in AYP, is a very advanced form of meditation and is more effective in cultivating inner silence and bringing about samadhi, than the techniques that you are describing. The first, that of pushing thoughts away, will set up a battle with the mind. The second, that of resting in the state of "I am", is a passive technique, rather than a progressive technique. Using a mantra as a meditation object as it is used with Deep Meditation, is a progressive technique whereby we can come to deeper and deeper levels of stillness, having a meditation object to come back to whenever we realize that we are off it.

Without a meditation object, the mind can become dull, as you mention.

So if you are interested in cultivating nirvikalpa samadhi, I would recommend that you learn Deep Meditation practice. It is described in the book on Deep Meditation and also in AYP Plus from lesson 13 onwards.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  05:35:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nothingatall,

That's right. Meditation is the art of cultivating silence with energy. Without the energy, the mind will become dull and we will fall asleep, or fall into a state of "torpor".

Another way of saying it, is that we need to cultivate stillness with euphoria. With energy present, as we enter inner silence the mind becomes blissful and ecstatic. So samadhi becomes a radiantly blissful state, as well as a state of insight into our own nature (atman).

The "seed" (beeja) is the seed of becoming, in the way that a seed germinates and becomes something else. So the highest state of samadhi is not necessarily devoid of objects, although it can be. This is the same as the way a still lake will reflect the moon and the stars and the mountains, even though the lake is still. In fact the stiller the lake is, the more pure the reflection. When the mind is still, it will simply reflect what is, without any distortion, and without the normal process of becoming, caused by disturbance, which leads to ignorance and suffering.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  10:19:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nothingatall,

Do you mind sharing your experience with savikalpa samadh?

Thank you,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  12:52:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Meditation is the art of cultivating silence with energy. Without the energy, the mind will become dull and we will fall asleep, or fall into a state of "torpor".

I like that explanation. Also, good use of the word torpor.
Go to Top of Page

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2016 :  1:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very hard to describe with words when you transcend the world. But i can try.

I who is doing something and experiencing...merged into self aware bodyless infinity with the knowingness + at the same other experiences included.

Deep satori is much much deeper than that because it is not the experience anymore but you are the reality beyond time and space.

It was triggered by jnana yoga / zen ( i was doing those practices without knowing) and I am not sure I can go to the last level with jnana yoga or zen....because I already solved the puzzle who I am/ what ego is / what is Atman / Brahman

So I think now my correct path is Raja Yoga..in order I would experience Nirvikalpa Samadhi and dissolve ego...(not even sure if what I experienced and what i call deep satori if that is not Nirvikalpa Samadhi, because the reason i call deep satori...it was triggred suddenly and spontaneously when I realized what the ego is) But since my ego didn't dissolve permanently and based on the descriptions of Nirvikalpa Samadhi it should, I think it is not it.

also it is sort of paradox...We are doing practices just to get an answer that we do not need them do it at all..but without doing we cannot get the answer :)

quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

Hi Nothingatall,

Thank you,

Tom

Edited by - nothingatall on Oct 25 2016 1:20:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  09:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nothingatall

I who is doing something and experiencing...merged into self aware bodyless infinity with the knowingness + at the same other experiences included.

Deep satori is much much deeper than that because it is not the experience anymore but you are the reality beyond time and space.

It was triggered by jnana yoga / zen ( i was doing those practices without knowing) and I am not sure I can go to the last level with jnana yoga or zen....because I already solved the puzzle who I am/ what ego is / what is Atman / Brahman

So I think now my correct path is Raja Yoga..in order I would experience Nirvikalpa Samadhi and dissolve ego...(not even sure if what I experienced and what i call deep satori if that is not Nirvikalpa Samadhi, because the reason i call deep satori...it was triggred suddenly and spontaneously when I realized what the ego is) But since my ego didn't dissolve permanently and based on the descriptions of Nirvikalpa Samadhi it should, I think it is not it.

also it is sort of paradox...We are doing practices just to get an answer that we do not need them do it at all..but without doing we cannot get the answer :)

quote:

Hi Nothingatall,

Thank you,

Tom

Hi nothingatall,

Thank you for sharing your experience with me.

A quick definition if you don't mind.

Asamprajnata Samâdhi, also called Nirvikalpa Samâdhi and Nirbija Samâdhi: meditation without an object, which leads to knowledge of purusha or consciousness, the subtlest element.

Nirvikalpa Samâdhi does not lead to the total erasure of the ego. Nirvikalpa Samâdhi is a state one achieves while in meditation. You will notice it say's without object.

To achieve Nirvikalpa Samâdhi while in meditation is a complete letting go of the grasping mind. You will notice that while in meditation you are aware of this state or that state. This experience or that. Your mind before it can let go still grasps at the creation of a thought.

To reach Nirvikalpa Samâdhi one let's go to the point of not even grasping at the creation of the thought or any "thing" within the mind. It is like the clouds floating in the sky. It is all energy that passes through. When you can truly let go you become that white light of energy, just the light, ever flowing as you.

It is a powerful experience but just an experience. The true goal is to have that experience in daily life. To realize that all thoughts are energy, silent or not that just passes through, none attaching.

I have also found it is not a wham bang thing. It is an every growing, ever deepening process of learning to let go of our issues and fears aka obstructions.

All the best,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  1:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice discussion. I'm very ignorant of terms. What's it called when your body and mind disappear; there's no way to be aware of energy or to have a thought? You are just just awake, there's nothing to be aware of; you are just aware.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  2:13:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Nice discussion. I'm very ignorant of terms. What's it called when your body and mind disappear; there's no way to be aware of energy or to have a thought? You are just just awake, there's nothing to be aware of; you are just aware.

Most often people experience the void/silence with a description like that.

For instance the gap between thoughts leads to quiet mind and an experience much like you described.
Go to Top of Page

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  2:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so looks you are saying that that nirvikalpa samadhi realizing that you are consiousness...I hat exactly that...after realizing that I am not the ego...but consiousness...after this realization...i went 1 step higher...and went to realization...who is aware of the consiousness = I am brahman..only 1 reality.. I amness is omnipresent...i do not require anything...i am..beyond time and space...i got 1000+ insights...about laws of nature..how everything interconnects...I am all knowing at that point...the whole experinece...lasted really long time...hard to even grasp....

But when i came out...of it..2 days my mind was completely blank...
I need nothing...visually everything looked so beautifull, i felt love present...i felt..peace..beauty...joy..were crying...a lot..
didnt sleep for 48 hours...actually I couldn't I would just close eyes...and I would notice how the body is sleeping it was 24/7 awareness and its just there...

After 2 days like that it started to slip away...thoughts started to coming...I started to analyse..oh...this is slipping...this is not permanent...oh...no...should i practice something..what should I do...maybe I need to have teacher but I don't.. and so on.. and it was slipping even more and more...

Connection..withe the wisdom was there..no matter where I would my attention...on when trying to conceptualize..it would just come as a insight not a thought...

I would still cry a lot and laugh...for like 2 weeks...another 1000+ concepts...ideas...insights...

Now ego came back what it was...And I know I am not an ego...but it is doing it's old thing..want to feel special...I experienced this experienced and you are not...You don't know I do know... all bad things...

I do not have a teacher that can help in this situation....I just trying to be in the present moment and see where it will go...doing samyama practices..helping other guys on reddit...still a lot of I do know...you are not right..that type of thing...

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Nothingatall,

Thank you,

Tom

Hi nothingatall,

Asamprajnata Samâdhi, also called Nirvikalpa Samâdhi and Nirbija Samâdhi: meditation without an object, which leads to knowledge of purusha or consciousness, the subtlest element.

Nirvikalpa Samâdhi does not lead to the total erasure of the ego. Nirvikalpa Samâdhi is a state one achieves while in meditation. You will notice it say's without object.

To achieve Nirvikalpa Samâdhi while in meditation is a complete letting go of the grasping mind. You will notice that while in meditation you are aware of this state or that state. This experience or that. Your mind before it can let go still grasps at the creation of a thought.

To reach Nirvikalpa Samâdhi one let's go to the point of not even grasping at the creation of the thought or any "thing" within the mind. It is like the clouds floating in the sky. It is all energy that passes through. When you can truly let go you become that white light of energy, just the light, ever flowing as you.

It is a powerful experience but just an experience. The true goal is to have that experience in daily life. To realize that all thoughts are energy, silent or not that just passes through, none attaching.

I have also found it is not a wham bang thing. It is an every growing, ever deepening process of learning to let go of our issues and fears aka obstructions.

All the best,

Tom

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  3:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

so looks you are saying that that nirvikalpa samadhi realizing that you are consiousness...I hat exactly that...after realizing that I am not the ego...but consiousness...after this realization...i went 1 step higher...and went to realization...who is aware of the consiousness = I am brahman..only 1 reality.. I amness is omnipresent...i do not require anything...i am..beyond time and space...i got 1000+ insights...about laws of nature..how everything interconnects...I am all knowing at that point...the whole experinece...lasted really long time...hard to even grasp....

I need nothing...visually everything looked so beautifull, i felt love present...i felt..peace..beauty...joy..were crying...a lot..
didnt sleep for 48 hours...actually I couldn't I would just close eyes...and I would notice how the body is sleeping it was 24/7 awareness and its just there...

After 2 days like that it started to slip away...thoughts started to coming...I started to analyse..oh...this is slipping...this is not permanent...oh...no...should i practice something..what should I do...maybe I need to have teacher but I don't.. and so on.. and it was slipping even more and more...

Connection..withe the wisdom was there..no matter where I would my attention...on when trying to conceptualize..it would just come as a insight not a thought...

I would still cry a lot and laugh...for like 2 weeks...another 1000+ concepts...ideas...insights...

Now ego came back what it was...And I know I am not an ego...but it is doing it's old thing..want to feel special...I experienced this experienced and you are not...You don't know I do know... all bad things...

I do not have a teacher that can help in this situation....I just trying to be in the present moment and see where it will go...doing samyama practices..helping other guys on reddit...still a lot of I do know...you are not right..that type of thing...

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Nothingatall,

Thank you,

Tom

Hi nothingatall,

All the best,

Tom

Just sharing my experience.

As far as letting go and being the energy.. another definition..

quote:
Shaivism

Nirvikalpaka yoga is a technical term in the philosophical system of Shaivism, in which there is a complete identification of the "I" and Shiva, in which the very concepts of name and form disappear and Shiva alone is experienced as the real Self. In that system, this experience occurs when there is complete cessation of all thought-constructs

Also, do you mind sharing what being one with brahma was like or better still what some of your insights into nature and the way of things were?

The crying and joy you describe sounds like a heart opening.

All the best,

Tom

Edited by - jonesboy on Oct 26 2016 3:58:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  7:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nothingatall,

As Jonesboy said it's chop wood carry water. And if you are really lucky, you get to wash barf on a comforter twice in a day.

On a serious note, once your nervous system settles down. It's eat, sleep, work, serve, household chores, fun. Rinse and Repeat- that's it. But from a new perspective/a shift in identity. Untouched and ever blissfull irrespective of the emotions and circumstances.

Edited by - sunyata on Oct 26 2016 8:01:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  09:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What i want to tell you is that asking and wanting to know how is the "amazing experience" is like. Try to answer what you need take out off from what you currently know, how to be less of who you are not.
"amazing experience" search is being more of what you are not.

Regarding the nature insights all you need to know that you are right now exactly where you are suppose to be. Things will progress naturally and everyone will experience that eventually...that is the Law of Nature you need to know :) Relax everything will be ok.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Nothingatall,

Thank you,

Tom

Hi nothingatall,

All the best,

Tom

Just sharing my experience.

As far as letting go and being the energy.. another definition..

quote:
Shaivism

Nirvikalpaka yoga is a technical term in the philosophical system of Shaivism, in which there is a complete identification of the "I" and Shiva, in which the very concepts of name and form disappear and Shiva alone is experienced as the real Self. In that system, this experience occurs when there is complete cessation of all thought-constructs

Also, do you mind sharing what being one with brahma was like or better still what some of your insights into nature and the way of things were?

The crying and joy you describe sounds like a heart opening.

All the best,

Tom

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  10:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nothingatall,

I was asking you what type of insights you got because you have been talking about it in multiple threads. I wanted to know if they were local mind or not.

I agree that you are right where you need to be. The desire for more is what holds one back.

I believe the Law of Nature to be one of impermanence.

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  11:04:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That guy is gone :) He was writing in order to know that he shouldn't write about it :) Try to understand everything about your mind..and you will understand everything - that is insight customized for you :)

quote:

Hi nothingatall,

I was asking you what type of insights you got because you have been talking about it in multiple threads. I wanted to know if they were local mind or not.

I agree that you are right where you need to be. The desire for more is what holds one back.

I believe the Law of Nature to be one of impermanence.

All the best.

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  11:20:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What is it that you understand about your mind or that you think you must understand?

Edited by - jonesboy on Oct 27 2016 11:20:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  11:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When you will understand your mind you will understand what is "I' from both ends :) Nothing to understand ..just realizing what you didn't understand.

quote:

What is it that you understand about your mind or that you think you must understand?

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  11:39:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That realization is that thoughts are energy, that you are energy that it is ever flowing. When one moves beyond the witness of thoughts, beyond feeling thoughts as silent flows of energy, beyond being the energy of that flow..

One has realized emptiness of self.

That is all outside of meditation, not while in meditation.

It is not an understanding, it is a being.

All the best,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  11:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nothingatall,

As others have already said, what you have experienced was just that, an experience. It had a beginning and an end, and a few weeks later it is just a memory.

You can attempt to put labels onto it, but that may not be especially useful. One person will have one label, and another will have another label. In the end they are only labels, and could be useful or could be confusing. The experience is what it is and cannot be denied.

As for what to do next, it is back to practices. In terms of AYP this would mean Deep Meditation twice a day with Spinal Breathing before that if you have reached that stage and Samyama afterwards if you have taken that on as well. With practices, the experience of samadhi will be repeated many times and it is this process of entering samadhi many, many times, over years, which leads to enlightenment.

Experiences like the one that you had can be inspiring and often are, but if we do not follow them up with dedicated daily practices, then what we gain from them in terms of insight and inspiration, will not last for long.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  11:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, yes that makes sense :)

quote:

That realization is that thoughts are energy, that you are energy that it is ever flowing. When one moves beyond the witness of thoughts, beyond feeling thoughts as silent flows of energy, beyond being the energy of that flow..

One has realized emptiness of self.

That is all outside of meditation, not while in meditation.

It is not an understanding, it is a being.

All the best,

Tom

Go to Top of Page

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  3:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot appreciate that :)

quote:

Hi Nothingatall,

As others have already said, what you have experienced was just that, an experience. It had a beginning and an end, and a few weeks later it is just a memory.

You can attempt to put labels onto it, but that may not be especially useful. One person will have one label, and another will have another label. In the end they are only labels, and could be useful or could be confusing. The experience is what it is and cannot be denied.

As for what to do next, it is back to practices. In terms of AYP this would mean Deep Meditation twice a day with Spinal Breathing before that if you have reached that stage and Samyama afterwards if you have taken that on as well. With practices, the experience of samadhi will be repeated many times and it is this process of entering samadhi many, many times, over years, which leads to enlightenment.

Experiences like the one that you had can be inspiring and often are, but if we do not follow them up with dedicated daily practices, then what we gain from them in terms of insight and inspiration, will not last for long.

Christi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000