Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini awekening through youtube video
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Madhabendra5555

India
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2016 :  04:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namastey!
I'm Madhabendra Neog. I'm 28 years old. I'd like to ask a bunch of questions to all of you regarding kundalini awakening. I sincerely request all of you to answer because I'm very frightened at the moment I need your help.
First of all I have little to no knowledge about stuffs relating to spirituality or the divine kundalini energy for that matter . However,I came to know through internet that by awakening kundalini people get to experience transcendental bliss and self realization. I've been very fascinated to it and a few days back I discovered a video that shows a Guru is giving shaktipat to a number of disciples. In that video a special kind music has been played in the background and probably the same music they have been using to awaken the kundalini of the disciples. I could see that as though the disciples are going completely hysterical .They are doing strange movements ,poses etc
So, I decided to listen to the music and then I sat in lotus pose and tried to concentrate on the music and within a few minutes of listening I experience a strange thing coming upwards from the base of my spinal cord and as soon as it rose up to the the upper part of my waistline I stopped the music out of unknown fear,I was absolutely petrified,my heartbeats started to pound heavily for and I could felt waves of electric current through out my body. So the next day although those symptoms subsided I could still feel something is moving in the base of spinal cord and I could feel so much tension in my waist line.
Now,It's been three days and I'm deadly worried because I also learnt that improper kundalini rising could be experimental to our health. Now I'm scared stiff unable to focus in anything because I can't relax,I am feeling neither hot nor cold difficult to explain all and all I'm intensely frightened.

1.How do I deal with such problem .How do I relax myself?

2.Is it that easy for an ordinary individual to experience kundalini without proper procedure.

3. Does it happening to me due to raised kundalini
energy?
4.Please please give reply at the earliest because I cannot share this thing to anybody simply because they are'nt likely to understand this problem

Anxiously waiting for your reply!
Thank's in advance!

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2016 :  06:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ma5,

Welcome to AYP forums. I would advise you to read this lesson very carefully. http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

Now you have felt your energy you can decide for yourself if you would like to take up a spiritual journey.
First of all read the lessons of Yogani and further (I know this is not easy), try to avoid reading scary kundalini stories.

If you are anxious about how you feel, best thing you could do is grounding. Walking, social interacting, working in nature etc. are grounding technics.
Use the search button for grounding.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2016 :  07:42:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Madhabendra,

Welcome to the forum.

Charliedog has given you good advice already.

Kundalini shakti will not rise through listening to a piece of music, unless it is the right time for it to rise. This is because the subtle body has to be purified already to a certain level, in order for a kundalini awakening to happen.

There are a few exceptions to this, where extreme events can trigger an awakening prematurely. But listening to music is not an extreme event, so you have nothing to be concerned about.

In fact it is likely that the piece of music you listened to, only played a small part in what happened. It is more likely that it was your expectation and anticipation, that something might awaken, that would have played a stronger part in the awakening. The energy of kundalini responds in a powerful way to these two emotions.

If you want to understand what happens during an awakening and how best to manage it, in terms of spiritual practices, then I would advise you to read the book called "Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living, Vol 1" by Yogani. During the height of my own awakening, this was the most useful book I came across, and it helped me to navigate through many of the difficulties that can arise on the path. The whole book is also available to download as an e-book and is available to read online at AYP Plus.

Going through a kundalini awakening is one of the most amazing things that can happen to a person, so it is well worth putting in the effort to finding out what is happening and how the process unfolds. There is so much involved and the transformation goes so deep that it takes a book (or two), to explain it all. We could not possibly do it in a forum topic like this, even if we wanted to.

Take some time (a few days or a week or so) to let things calm down before doing any reading of spiritual literature, or taking up any spiritual practices. But once you are ready and the fear has gone, I would recommend a daily meditation practice. Also some light Spinal Breathing discussed in lesson 41 of the book, can help to balance the energy (prana), and give it a stable pathway.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Kaef

Austria
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  5:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Which video was it?
Go to Top of Page

Madhabendra5555

India
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  10:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kaef

Which video was it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DlDWPxyDo0
Go to Top of Page

Madhabendra5555

India
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  11:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Madhabendra,

Welcome to the forum.

Charliedog has given you good advice already.

Kundalini shakti will not rise through listening to a piece of music, unless it is the right time for it to rise. This is because the subtle body has to be purified already to a certain level, in order for a kundalini awakening to happen.

There are a few exceptions to this, where extreme events can trigger an awakening prematurely. But listening to music is not an extreme event, so you have nothing to be concerned about.

In fact it is likely that the piece of music you listened to, only played a small part in what happened. It is more likely that it was your expectation and anticipation, that something might awaken, that would have played a stronger part in the awakening. The energy of kundalini responds in a powerful way to these two emotions.

If you want to understand what happens during an awakening and how best to manage it, in terms of spiritual practices, then I would advise you to read the book called "Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living, Vol 1" by Yogani. During the height of my own awakening, this was the most useful book I came across, and it helped me to navigate through many of the difficulties that can arise on the path. The whole book is also available to download as an e-book and is available to read online at AYP Plus.

Going through a kundalini awakening is one of the most amazing things that can happen to a person, so it is well worth putting in the effort to finding out what is happening and how the process unfolds. There is so much involved and the transformation goes so deep that it takes a book (or two), to explain it all. We could not possibly do it in a forum topic like this, even if we wanted to.

Take some time (a few days or a week or so) to let things calm down before doing any reading of spiritual literature, or taking up any spiritual practices. But once you are ready and the fear has gone, I would recommend a daily meditation practice. Also some light Spinal Breathing discussed in lesson 41 of the book, can help to balance the energy (prana), and give it a stable pathway.

Christi

Thanks a lot Christi and Yogini. But I have no idea what has been going with me from the last three days. I have just woken up from a very frightening dream.In my dream suddenly I've start to swirl and then I heard a lady's laughter and then she appeared before me and she too started to swirl and then disappeared and then I heard a piece of transcendental music from my behind and a circular disc started to rotate too fast over my head it was rotating extremely fast and when I kept my hand above my head I could feel a surge of extraordinary energy emanated from it. The rotation of this fan like structure was so intense that I felt as if it has sucked all of the energy out of me and I could barely move from my bed.
I have never had such intense dreams in my life up until now. I'm seriously worried now .Not only my dream I can frequently feel constant temperature fluctuations in my body,occasional shaking. This is certainly not me as I was before. I can't fathom anything what is going with me. I'm so scared please give me some solutions guys to fix these guys.It's getting way too much than I can tolerate please guys
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  10:05:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Madhabendra,

The music in the video is called the Omkara nada. It is a technique used to awaken kundalini. The people in the video that are moving in strange ways, are experiencing various forms of automatic yoga connected with kundalini.

Powerful dreams are a normal experience that often come with a kundalini awakening. Kundalini causes prana to flow through the central channel and this channel is connected to the 7 major chakras. These chakras can be experienced as "spinning" or "rotating" as they are opening, which is the cause of some of your experiences in the dream. One of the chakras, the crown, is above the head, so your awakening seems to involve the crown chakra. This is sometimes referred to as a "premature crown opening".

Generally, experiences in dreams are simply the workings out of the unconscious mind, and it is not worth paying too much attention to them. It can be a distraction.

The fact that you found it difficult to move your body after waking from the dream, is something called sleep paralysis, and is also a normal symptom of kundalini. It is nothing to worry about. Usually after a few minutes it is possible to move the physical body. It is caused by awareness to fully entering the physical plane upon waking.

The experience of temperature fluctuations are normal, as is the shaking. The shaking is caused by prana moving through the energy channels (nadis) in the body, before they are fully ready to handle that amount of energy. The shaking will stop in time and give way to something much more pleasant.

As I mentioned above, the best thing you can do is to learn about the energy that is now moving through your body, and I gave you all the links that you need in order to do that. Those links will also guide you as to what spiritual practices you need to do, in order to navigate through an awakening safely and with the least discomfort.

Charliedog has already given you the link to lesson 69, which will guide you through effective grounding techniques, in order to stabilize the energy and get back to living a normal life again. The simplest and easiest thing to do is go out walking for an hour or two every day. Make this a habit for a while, maybe for a few weeks or a month. You will begin to see improvements in your condition fairly rapidly.

See this lesson:

Lesson 201 - Q&A – The drama of a premature crown opening

See also this thread, as there is a lot of good advice from many forum members, as to how to deal with a premature kundalini awakening. There are many more threads like that in this forum, such as this one. So have a look through the things that others in your situation have been advised to do.

And don't worry, you will come through it. In fact, you will probably come through it much faster than you think.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Madhabendra5555

India
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  08:29:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you ! Now I realize I have committed a huge mistake I shouldn't have awaken it without the guidance of an experienced Guru. I was actually tried to balance my chakra systems by simply listening to that Omkara nada .
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  10:22:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Madhabendra,

I would not say that you have committed a huge mistake. Only that something has happened, which may in fact turn out to be the best possible thing, that could have happened to you in this lifetime.

So don't give up hope.

When I was about 20 years old, I lay down to rest on my bed. It was a beautiful sunny day, I was relaxed and I was watching the sunlight dancing off the walls. Then I experienced an energy rising up from the base of my spine, which then exploded in my head. I had never heard of the word "kundalini".

So had I made a huge mistake, by watching the play of sunlight? Or was it simply that my subtle body was awakening, and the outer play of forms, were simply a catalyst for that? If it had not been the sunlight, it would have been something else. When we are ready to awaken, we are drawn towards that which will awaken us, be it a sound, or a light, or a teacher, or a situation, or a spiritual place. Or there could be no obvious external cause. Simply an awakening inside.

As for needing a teacher, it is very useful to have as a guide, someone who has been through the process of awakening already and can steer you on the right path. That is why Yogani wrote more than 500 lessons, giving that guidance to everyone who needs it.

If you feel that you need an experienced teacher (guru) in the flesh, who can guide you, then certainly you should look for one. You live in India, the land of gurus, so you have a good chance. In the meantime, if you need support with what you are going through, you will be able to find it here.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  10:38:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madhabendra5555

Thank you ! Now I realize I have committed a huge mistake I shouldn't have awaken it without the guidance of an experienced Guru. I was actually tried to balance my chakra systems by simply listening to that Omkara nada .

Hi Madhabendra5555,

Good advice from Christ and Charliedog.

Don't focus on what you should/shouldn't have done. It was the right time for you. Read the lessons and forum posts. Start practices once you are able to. It's a gift. A beautiful journey inwards. Ultimately leading to the merging of all.

Wishing you the best!

Edit-Christi - We cross posted.

Edited by - sunyata on Sep 30 2016 10:44:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  11:23:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Madhabendra,

I second Christi and Sunyata in this, it would have happen sooner or later, probably was this the right moment. I had a likewise life changing experience, it was at the start not easy, also because I had never heard of kundalini and had no practice of yoga.

Now many years later I believe that we awake when time is ready for it and you came to the right place for advice and lessons of Yogani which reveal the path and will lead you. It is up to you to find a practice that suites you.

If you need a real life teacher, he will appear soon, don't worry.

Edited by - Charliedog on Sep 30 2016 11:41:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Madhabendra5555

India
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  3:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much Earthlings! Perhaps you wouldn't realize how much I'm relieved to read your replies. I shouldn't be regretting over the thing which is beyond my control. I was in total surrender mood at that period of time and I end up uncoiling the sleeping goddess. I alone is responsible for all of this . Now I have started to do the grounding techniques like you've suggested. Instead of walking I've chosen to run and it certainly relieved the weird sensations from the base of my spine. However,I'm at a crossroad as to the choice of meditation techniques and spinal breathing technique. Because when I close my eyes I see different symbols akin to that of vortex,infinity and illuminated chakra . Do you think premature crown opening has anything to do with this?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  6:47:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Madhabendra,

That's great that you are experiencing some relief from negative symptoms already. Generally, it is not advised to use running as a grounding technique because it can stir up too much prana. It will help you to ground, but the extra stimulation caused by running could make things difficult as well. So if things do not improve with running, try walking instead. Long periods of walking are the most effective, like an hour or two each day. If you cannot manage that, then half an hour is much better than nothing.

I would wait a little while before taking up any spiritual practices, like a few days, or a week. You need to let things settle down. Once you have been stable for a while, taking on a short period of meditation twice a day will really help. What kind of meditation you do is really up to you. In the AYP lessons, Deep Meditation is taught. Breathing meditation is offered as an alternative for people who are sensitive to the mantra used in Deep Meditation. So you will need to experiment for yourself.

Whatever style of meditation you use, a few minutes of Spinal Breathing Pranayama before each meditation sitting, may help to even the energy out in your body and give it a safe pathway to move along. You may find that you are not ready for Spinal Breathing yet, even after a few days or weeks, as the energy can be unstable for a while after an awakening. So again, you will need to experiment. If it does not help, just leave it out.

The visions that you see with your eyes closed are caused by the higher centres activating, especially the third eye (ajna). So yes, that is related to the crown opening as this has a powerful effect on the ajna chakra. The crown and third eye are almost two aspects of the same chakra, like two faces of a diamond, that are touching each other.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Madhabendra5555

India
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  07:20:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, I am back. I have got few equerries regarding awakening.
1. How can I tell if my kundalini is rising through the proper nadi i.e the shusmumna because as far as I'm aware kundalini rising through wrong channel ida or pingala is very dangerous . So my question is
How do I ascertain if my kundalini is rising through the appropriate channel?

2. Has anyone here experienced complete diminished sexual urge after kundalini? I'm so afraid because I don't see any erection even after a month . Not that I don't think about sex ,I don't get an erection at all even if I feel sexual which is again very frightening aspect for me because my mind says very negative thing about it which make me feel terrible :(
Why am I having no erection even after one month?
3. I have also observed frequent pulsating at the base of my spine and I feel same pulse when I close my hands.
Does it have any significance ?

hope to hear from you soon
Go to Top of Page

Madhabendra5555

India
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2016 :  2:13:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No reply so far
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2016 :  4:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Madhabendra,

Sorry about the delayed reply. I have been away travelling for a couple of weeks.

When kundalini rises through the central channel, it will be felt going up through the centre of the body, or up the spine. Or it may not be felt at all, with only the effects being felt (heat, electricity, visions etc.).

The ida and pingala channels spiral up the body, beginning at the root chakra and ending at the ajna chakra. So if kundalini awakens through a side channel, it is often felt as a snake-like movement of energy, going up around the central channel. Kundalini could even awaken through both side channels at once, in which case it could be experienced as rising in a double helix formation up around the centre of the body.

Side channel awakenings though are fairly rare, and when they do occur, they are not necessarily any cause for concern. When kundalini awakens through the side channels, the central channel is also activated, and the prana is often brought into the central channel after some time.

Concerning sexual urges, when kundalini awakens it will often cause prana to rise up into the higher centres, taking it away form the lower chakras. The lower chakras, especially the first two, are the ones associated with sexual urges. So to experience a period with little or no sexual arousal is quite normal. Eventually things will balance out.

The pulsating at the base of the spine is quite normal and also in the palms of the hands. There are minor chakras in the hands, connected to energy channels running down each arm. You may also feel heat in your hands at times, especially in the middle of each palm.

All of these things are nothing to be concerned about. It has been more than a month since your awakening. Hopefully you have had some success with grounding practices, and have had a chance to read through some of the main AYP lessons. If you are concerned about the direction that kundalini is taking in your body, Spinal Breathing Pranayama is the most effective method of guiding kundalini through the correct pathway. This should be used with an effective meditation method in order to avoid becoming unbalanced on the energy side of things.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Madhabendra5555

India
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2016 :  9:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Madhabendra,

Sorry about the delayed reply. I have been away travelling for a couple of weeks.

When kundalini rises through the central channel, it will be felt going up through the centre of the body, or up the spine. Or it may not be felt at all, with only the effects being felt (heat, electricity, visions etc.).

The ida and pingala channels spiral up the body, beginning at the root chakra and ending at the ajna chakra. So if kundalini awakens through a side channel, it is often felt as a snake-like movement of energy, going up around the central channel. Kundalini could even awaken through both side channels at once, in which case it could be experienced as rising in a double helix formation up around the centre of the body.

Side channel awakenings though are fairly rare, and when they do occur, they are not necessarily any cause for concern. When kundalini awakens through the side channels, the central channel is also activated, and the prana is often brought into the central channel after some time.

Concerning sexual urges, when kundalini awakens it will often cause prana to rise up into the higher centres, taking it away form the lower chakras. The lower chakras, especially the first two, are the ones associated with sexual urges. So to experience a period with little or no sexual arousal is quite normal. Eventually things will balance out.

The pulsating at the base of the spine is quite normal and also in the palms of the hands. There are minor chakras in the hands, connected to energy channels running down each arm. You may also feel heat in your hands at times, especially in the middle of each palm.

All of these things are nothing to be concerned about. It has been more than a month since your awakening. Hopefully you have had some success with grounding practices, and have had a chance to read through some of the main AYP lessons. If you are concerned about the direction that kundalini is taking in your body, Spinal Breathing Pranayama is the most effective method of guiding kundalini through the correct pathway. This should be used with an effective meditation method in order to avoid becoming unbalanced on the energy side of things.

Christi

Thanks Christi for taking time to answer my questions.
Now it seems like I have been thrown into a uncharted territory of no return. Frankly speaking, I am a fairly ordinary Indian man who is struggling to get a better job to serve his family. I am unmarried and the only son of my family.So,obviously there is so much expectations from me from my family side .I don't know what will be the outcome of this process? Am I going to be a enlightened soul with some superhuman abilities ? I am not sure but up until now I have been going through quite a traumatic period of frequent panic attack,anxitey depression and heightened fear which eventually made my heart go frail n weak ,my sex urge has diminished totally considering the fact that I haven't started a married life .
Just a thought , Is it necessary to channelize the energy to the proper track ? If I don't take any initiative to proper channeling of this energy is it likely to cause any harm because at the moment I don't think I have time do spinal breathing and to be honest I'm scared to do on my own because I might end up doing something like Gopi Krishna did . I don't know when am I going to be normal again

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2016 :  05:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Madhabendra,

In the early stages of a kundalini awakening, it is quite normal to have panic attacks, and for there to be fluctuations in the heart rate. This is especially true in cases where little or no prepatation has been done, in terms of purifying the body before the awakening happened. If you engage in grounding activities, especially going out for long walks every day, these things will settle down.

As to what will be the outcome of the process, that is really up to you. It depends if you choose to engage in spiritual activity, and so develop the energy that has been awakened, or to simply let it be and engage in a life without spirituality. If you choose not to practice, kundalini will not stop it's upward journey right away. Things will go on for a while. But eventually they will settle down. So that is a choice you have.

In terms of giving direction to the energy, if prana is flowing too strongly towards your crown chakra, then you would be wise to do something to bring it towards a safer route. Spinal Breathing does not only give kundalini a safer direction of travel, but it also helps to balance out the energy in the body between the higher and lower centres, and so will alleviate some of the symptoms you are experiencing. But at the end of the day, it is your choice whether to take up spiritual practices or not. If you do, you could spend half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening before dinner, doing your practices. So it does not take up a great deal of time.

When Gopi Krishna had his kundalini awakening, he was using a very dangerous practice, involving meditating on the visualization of a lotus flower above his head. This practice is not dangerous for advanced practitioners, but is very dangerous for beginners. Gopi Krishna had heard about the practice and wanted to try it at home. He paid the price, experiencing years of suffering.

But the same thing has not happened to you. Your awakening was brought about through something which is actually quite gentle, listening to the chanting of the OM mantra. So you do not need to worry that what happened to Gopi Krishna will happen to you. The AYP main lessons are full of warnings about not going to the crown too early on, and this is the reason why.

The end result of a kundalini awakening, if it is taken to the highest level, is radiant ecstatic bliss and outpouring divine love. But the desire to take it to that level has to come from within. If you choose not to take up spiritual practices now, it will not be like closing the lid on a box forever. Once kundalini has been awakened once, it is very easy to do a second time. So you will always have the possibility to take up spiritual practices later on, if you decide to.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Madhabendra5555

India
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  10:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone!
I am back with some rather seriously frustrating issues that I have been facing ever since I had this so called awakening . Almost five months have passed since I had this awakening ,in fact I am not quite sure whether it's an awakening or imbalance in Ying and yang energy. Nevertheless, whatever had happened to me a couple of months ago certainly brings me a lot of agony to the extent of inability to function normal life. Now my real problem is associated with my sex life. I have completely lost morning wood.Every morning I'd freaked out when I don't wake up with my usual morning wood.I am worried if I have become impotent because I lost stimulation in my penis and I can't hold an erection for a long time and it is not as big and firm as it used to be. Do you guys have any explanation for that?
Secondly, I can't have a sound sleep on account of weird dreams that always come up where I find myself talking to different beings and a lady would always appear in my dream in different avatar and she tries to communicate with me. Who she could be?can I just at stop seeing such dreams?
Thirdly how to get rid of head pressure which I feel right after waking up in the morning?
Hope you guys show me some light on these matters

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  04:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Madhabendra5555,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Reading your posts till now, yes you experienced an awakening, and yes at this moment there is an imbalance. The imbalance has influence on your system and your worrying brings more imbalance. That how it is at this moment.

Some questions to you,
Do you have a meditation/pranayama practice started, if yes what are you doing and what time schedule?
Do you use grounding technics, like walking, spending time in nature, social contacts?
Did you read the advised book and or lessons mentioned in the posts of Christi above?

It will take some time (and practice) to bring balance into your system. Maybe you can answer these questions, so that we can advise you. Engaging in a spiritual practice will help you to bring balance back into your life.
Go to Top of Page

Madhabendra5555

India
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  06:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Hi Madhabendra5555,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Reading your posts till now, yes you experienced an awakening, and yes at this moment there is an imbalance. The imbalance has influence on your system and your worrying brings more imbalance. That how it is at this moment.

Some questions to you,
Do you have a meditation/pranayama practice started, if yes what are you doing and what time schedule?
Do you use grounding technics, like walking, spending time in nature, social contacts?
Did you read the advised book and or lessons mentioned in the posts of Christi above?

It will take some time (and practice) to bring balance into your system. Maybe you can answer these questions, so that we can advise you. Engaging in a spiritual practice will help you to bring balance back into your life.

No I haven't started regular meditation/pranayama practice . Initially I did it by fits and starts but never regularly because I am afraid to take any unguided meditation/pranayama technique perchance it would further aggravate the energy
Yes I practice grounding techniques.
No I haven't gone through anything in detail because I thought my body will eventually normalize on it's own accord. How wrong I was
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  07:55:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Madhabendra,

Well it's never too late to start, you have plenty of time Maybe you can read the above posts again, they are full of wise advice and information. If you have any questions after that don't hesitate to ask.
As said in the above posts, it will take you two times a day half an hour, this will bring you step by step in balance, peace and bliss. For instance start with breathing meditation two times a day 10 minutes, do this for instance 21 days and see what it brings you. If it's ok then you can add for instance before the breathing meditation SBP for 5 minutes. Don't hurry, take your time to get used to every new practice. I advice you to first read all above posts and info again.

PS Keep your grounding practice, very good!

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 19 2017 08:53:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Madhabendra5555

India
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  05:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Charliedog
Could you give some video links of spinal breathing techniques?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  06:32:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
https://youtu.be/r9msbmagFLg

And the lesson of Yogani below, just follow these steps.

We will now begin an advanced pranayama practice called spinal breathing. It has several components to it, and is done right before our daily meditation sessions. The procedure of meditation will not change in any way. First we do our pranayama. Then we do our meditation.

Sit comfortably with back support, and close your eyes just as you do when you meditate. Now, keeping your mouth closed, breathe in and out slowly and deeply through your nose, but not to the extreme. Be relaxed and easy about it, breathing as slowly and deeply as possible without discomfort. There is no need to be heroic. Work your muscles so each breath begins in your belly and fills you up through your chest to the top of your collarbones, and then comes back down slowly. Next, with each rising inhalation of the breath, allow your attention to travel upward inside a tiny thread, or tube, you visualize beginning at your perineum, continuing up through the center of your spine, and up through the stem of your brain to the center of your head. At the center of your head the tiny nerve makes a turn forward to the point between your eyebrows. With one slow, deep inhalation let your attention travel gradually inside the nerve from the perineum all the way to the point between the eyebrows. As you exhale, retrace this path from the point between the eyebrows all the way back down to the perineum. Then, come back up to the point between the eyebrows with the next inhalation, and down to the perineum with the next exhalation, and so on.

Begin by doing this spinal breathing practice for five minutes before your regular meditations. We don't get up between pranayama and meditation. Just keep your seat, and begin meditation when your pranayama time is up. Take a minute or so before effortlessly beginning the mantra, just as originally instructed. Once you get comfortable in the routine of doing pranayama and meditation, one after the other, increase the time of pranayama to ten minutes. You will be doing ten minutes of pranayama and twenty minutes of meditation twice each day. Continue with this practice.

In a week or so, or whenever you are feeling steady with the ten minutes of pranayama before your meditation, add the following features: On the exhalations, allow your epiglottis to close enough so that there is a small restriction of the air leaving your lungs. The epiglottis is the door in your throat that automatically closes your windpipe (trachea) when you hold your breath or swallow. By partially closing it as you exhale, a fine hissing sound will occur in your throat. This is called "ujjayi." Be easy about it. Don't strain. Keep the slow, deep rhythm of breathing you have become accustomed to as you add this small restriction in the throat during exhalations. On the inhalations, allow the throat to relax and open more than usual. Do not restrict the air coming in. Rather, allow the deepest part of your throat to open wide, comfortably. Do not change the slow, deep rhythm of breathing you have been doing. Keep your mouth closed during pranayama. An exception would be if your nose is stopped up and you can't breath easily through it. In that case, use your mouth.

While all of these mechanical actions may seem complicated at first, they will quickly become habit as you practice. Once the mechanical habits are in place, all you will have to do during pranayama is easily allow the attention to travel up and down inside the spinal nerve with your automatic slow, deep breathing. When you realize that your attention has slipped away from this easy up and down procedure of traveling inside the nerve during spinal breathing, you will just easily come back to it. No forcing, and no strain. We easily come back to the prescribed route of attention in pranayama, just as we easily come back to the mantra in meditation.

This pranayama will quiet the nervous system, and provide a fertile ground for deep meditation. With this beginning in spinal breathing, we are also laying the foundation for additional practices that will greatly enhance the flow of prana in the body. Once we have stabilized the practices we have learned so far, we will be ready to begin gently awakening the huge storehouse of prana near the base of our spine.

The guru is in you.

PS In the beginning it might be feeling a bit 'clunky' we have to get used to every new practice. By 'doing' practice two times a day, it soon will be a habit. Take your time to read carefully and don't be in a hurry to add ujjaji. Wait for some weeks with adding new technics until you are completely comfortable with your practice.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 20 2017 06:48:44 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000