Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Tips and feedback from you
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lonien

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  09:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hari Om dear ones,

I lately discovered the magic of Bhakti Yoga for myself and kept it in my life ever since. Up until now, been quite shy about it, I haven't really put myself out there with it. Want to change that now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2_ohaXND5I
I LOVE this song by Krishna Das, so profound and beautiful.
Somehow I'm afraid of people judging it as "weird" who are not really familiar with it, plus it's a very vulnerable spot for me to sing in fron to others, but I'd like to get some feedback! Maybe you can take a minute to tell me how you like it :) And any knowledge, books, inspiration, courses, retreats on mantra singing I would love too! highly appreciate it

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  11:03:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lonien,

It's beautiful. My heart exploded in million pieces with joy. Don't worry about judgement. The bhaktas will be drawn to what is coming through you. Keep uploading! You have gained a new fan.

I'm a big Krishna Das fan too.

Some of my favorite

My Foolish Heart
Mere gurudev
Narayan
God is Real
4 AM hanuman chalisa
Waltzing My Krishna

Some of my favorite mantras- Gayatri mantra,Shivoham,Mahamrityunjaya Mantra, Ganesha mantra, Devi mantra, Durga mantra, Kali mantra.

Wishing you the best.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  11:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lonien,

Thank you for sharing your Bhakti, your beautiful appearance and voice. I know how vulnerable you must feel. It took me a long time to chant free in front of others. But hé, we chant for ourselves isn't it. To let the bhakti flow, to come closer to that what we are looking for, our inner silence.

The song you are chanting is one of my favorite Krishna Das songs. I have chanted it so many times as the start of my morning practice, it is imprinted in me forever.
Krishna Das is a genuine teacher too, I once joined his concert in my country and there was a stillness so profound, I really hope he will come back once.

You can use also Nada Yoga or Naada Yoga to find more information. I love this path.

Very best wishes.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  11:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely! Thank you for sharing. You are very talented.
Go to Top of Page

lonien

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  12:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow you guys, THANK you. I didn't even realize how much I needed a bit of encouragement. In a way, yes I chant for myself but I love Kirtan and the best feeling for me is, to sing and then get the response of people. Haven't lead a Kirtan very often but the few times I did, oh my...!!! Magic!
I'm in a little bit of a crisis with it atm, haven't found a place with it I feel..But I'm moving to a bigger city tomorrow and I think some Kirtan goodness is going on there so hopefully I'll find my spot there
Again, thank you all so much
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  1:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is magical! I chant a lot by myself too. Every once in a while, I chant with a group.How do you explain how it feels to adore God, to be God, to experience God.

Hope your move goes smoothly and that you find the perfect group.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  7:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! I closed my eyes and was carried away for a bit. Do not shy from this beauty
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  10:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...peace and release...
Go to Top of Page

lonien

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2016 :  1:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, no explanation needed when doing Kirtan, that's the beauty of it! Just being :)
Has anyone read sacred sound? Is it worth reading? It sounded quite interesting to me!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000