Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Vigyan Bhairav Tantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

samy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  10:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,
I have got a chance to read about the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra technique 26. But I could not understand it completely. So could anyone help me to understand?

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  12:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My opinion, letting go can be blissful.
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  08:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi samy,

What is technique 26? The numbering of the Vigyan Bhairav differs between sources/translations.

Edited by - chas on Aug 31 2016 08:05:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

samy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  10:32:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chas,
Here is that,

"WHEN SOME DESIRE COMES, CONSIDER IT. THEN, SUDDENLY, QUIT IT"

quote:
Originally posted by chas

Hi samy,

What is technique 26? The numbering of the Vigyan Bhairav differs between sources/translations.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  1:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by samy

Hi Samy,

Welcome to the forum!

In my humble opinion~ It' saying to let desire rise in awareness and let them go in silence. Don't judge, analyze, add stories, make excuses, suppress them. Simply allow them.

In AYP terms, residing in pure bliss consciousness, allow everything that arises and let them go in silence. This can be applied to all of Life not only desire.

Sorry Chas- took a guess at it.

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 31 2016 1:27:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  1:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

This could be interpreted as:
When a desire arises in consciousness, bring attention to it and consider it briefly. The form that it takes is not the priority in this practice. Simply recognize it.

Then, quit considering, contemplating, etc. Bring attention into the feeling or raw experience of desire.

Another interpretation might be to quit desire (not just the considering of it), but given the other statements in the Vigyan Bhairav text, this interpretation would be inaccurate, IMO.
Go to Top of Page

samy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  3:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks sunyata and chas for taking time to read this and explained to me.

So My understanding is when a desire comes, then we should not think of anything like whether its good or bad. Just allow it to happen. But if we allow it to happen then when should we get rid of that desire?
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  3:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by chas

Considering the saying...

...in a scenario where "desire" is a point in the sexual arousal process when not to stimulate toward orgasm seems unbearable, unthinkable: "consider it, then suddenly quit it."
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  3:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by samy

Thanks sunyata and chas for taking time to read this and explained to me.

So My understanding is when a desire comes, then we should not think of anything like whether its good or bad. Just allow it to happen. But if we allow it to happen then when should we get rid of that desire?

Hi Samy,

Do you have a daily practice? Without abiding inner silence, it can be all in the mind. The mind will try to let go and it's going to be very frustrating and never ending. Silence is where the letting go happens.

For deep rooted desires, it's not a one time thing. It's a continuous procedure of letting it go in silence. With each release, it's grip on us loosens.

Emotions and desires are stored in the body. When the mind comes up with a desire, another way is to see where the desire is located in the body, bring the awareness to it and let it go.

Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  3:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Sorry Chas- took a guess at it.

All good.

quote:

Allow it to happen, yes. As to when you should get rid of that desire... it seems to be your aim to get rid of particular forms or objects of desire. Is that the case? Or do you take that to be the goal of the practices?

The Vigyan Bhairav in general, and the above instruction in particular, is not really about getting rid of desire...
Go to Top of Page

samy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  4:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sunyata,
Some desires even its good or bad, I want to control it anyway. Like eating meat or other desire. Sometime i could control it but not always.

So we should watch our thoughts and allow it to happen whether it's good or bad, then slowly let it go. Is that what you say?

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Hi Samy,

Do you have a daily practice? Without abiding inner silence, it can be all in the mind. The mind will try to let go and it's going to be very frustrating and never ending. Silence is where the letting go happens.

Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  5:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another quote from the Vijnanabhairava Tantra:

"105. Desire exists in you as in every thing. Realize that it also resides in objects and in all that the mind can grasp. Then, discovering the universality of desire, enter its radiant space."
http://www.danielodier.com/english/envijnana.php

Also in AYP: http://www.aypsite.org/12.html
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  6:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Samy,

Do you meditate?
Go to Top of Page

samy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  8:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes.
quote:

Hi Samy,

Do you meditate?

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  9:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you provide more details about your practice? Do you practice AYP?

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 31 2016 9:36:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

samy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  9:55:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not following any AYP techniques. Actually i came to know about this this site last week only. Normally i keep focusing on my breath flow in and out.

quote:

Can you provide more details about your practice? Do you practice AYP?

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  2:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Samy,

All the suggestions above can be applied when one is rooted in silence. If not, it all ends up becoming mind games.

Regarding food, example of meat in your case- you can quit cold turkey or wean off slowly. Food only plays a part in purifying/ raising our state of consciousness. If you are inclined to make changes then do so but don't beat yourself over it.

The actual work in opening and purifying our nervous system is twice daily sitting practices. Then desires fall off effortlessly. No struggles.

Every thing changes- your perception of the world, of who you are, Life. Your eating, sleeping habits everything changes and starts aligning to your best interest.

I would suggest start reading here - http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

Start the practices and experience it yourself. Words never do justice to the actual experience.

Edited by - sunyata on Sep 01 2016 2:08:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

samy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  5:22:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure. Thank you. I will read AYP material and keep following the techniques

Thank you sunyata,chas,bewell and lalow33 for your kind replies

quote:

Hi Samy,

All the suggestions above can be applied when one is rooted in silence. If not, it all ends up becoming mind games.

Regarding food, example of meat in your case- you can quit cold turkey or wean off slowly. Food only plays a part in purifying/ raising our state of consciousness. If you are inclined to make changes then do so but don't beat yourself over it.

The actual work in opening and purifying our nervous system is twice daily sitting practices. Then desires fall off effortlessly. No struggles.

Every thing changes- your perception of the world, of who you are, Life. Your eating, sleeping habits everything changes and starts aligning to your best interest.

I would suggest start reading here - http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

Start the practices and experience it yourself. Words never do justice to the actual experience.

Go to Top of Page

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  5:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ooops! In late. My apologies.

According to this from OSHO,it is a "technique" or practice to enter the "center" or "gap" of pure awareness.

"Consider It:Do not bring in thinking, just look at the desire, at what it is, as if you do not know anything about it.If you are not against it or for it, if you have no mind about it, then just by looking at the desire, your whole being will be involved in it "

"Then,Suddenly,Quit It. Don't fight with it, simply say, "I quit it." Be still and notice. What will happen? The moment you can simply say, "I quit," a separation happens. Your body - your passionate body and you become two. Suddenly, in a moment, they are two poles apart.Now you can look at it as if someone else is there, not you."

Edited by - lateralus on Sep 01 2016 6:05:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  5:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On the latter,regarding letting go of a desire, I agree with sunyata. I've practiced a few "letting go" techniques in the past but nothing beats having a good base of inner silence in which to work with. It makes the letting go process much,much easier.

Edited by - lateralus on Sep 01 2016 5:53:58 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000