New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  10:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love that you son gave you this gift
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  10:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Strong.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  7:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems that I'm starting to experience daily what I've always wanted from my yoga practice. It's not close to 24/7. All it is is simplicity. It's just the simple ordinary consciousness. It's not fancy or anything. I feel humbled, and I'm grateful.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  9:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hurray!

Simplicity. Ease. Naturalness.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  9:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  3:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  8:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One thing I like about AYP is that it allows you to follow a path but gives room for differences in tendencies. I can see how important this is now.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  9:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP is the blueprint from which you build the temple.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  9:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Dogboy. I have a little over 8 yrs left. That sounds weird, but I kinda have always known when I will die. I trust my inner guru. Let's see what she wants to do in this time.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2016 :  10:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,
There are many kinds of death. Awakening is a kind of death - the death of the identification with the ego, with the personal history, with the limited self. You might have this coming, considering your bhakti and yoga practice.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  12:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lalow,

Agree with Blanche.It definitely felt like death to me. Infact I'm convinced that's how the dying process is.

Love you

Edited by - sunyata on Nov 05 2016 12:12:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  7:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, that'd be hilarious 'cause I have assumed it was physical death.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  8:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sunyata,
Love you, too.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2016 :  3:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats to someone who completed massage school( hopefully), soon to be an official AYP teacher in training, and he's a decent dude!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2016 :  4:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lalow, sorry to see all your requests on the Samyama Healing Listing. I hope all your loved ones find peace in their pain.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2016 :  7:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Congrats to someone who completed massage school( hopefully), soon to be an official AYP teacher in training, and he's a decent dude!

Thank you, Lalow! Yes, I completed school, and now I just need to take a test and apply for the license through the state. Should be before the end of the year. Very much looking forward to practicing as a professional.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2016 :  12:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Lalow, sorry to see all your requests on the Samyama Healing Listing. I hope all your loved ones find peace in their pain.

Dogboy,

My husband and I have large extended families. There's continually someone I could put on the Samyama list. I limit it to people who would be open to it or something extreme. I'm open now for asking for help.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  10:07:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So, I asked how to learn spiritual maturity and let it go( Samyama style). My answer the next day was to be okay with getting angry.

I realize now that I was scared to have kids. There's a long history of abuse in my family. I was (am) super sensitive, so even a few instances was enough to effect me. I was determined not to abuse my kids, so I mistakenly stuffed my anger. That's about the time I got fibromyalgia.

So I have been in my Ishtas presence at night. He doesn't seem to care what I've done or how I am. He is just light and perfectly peaceful. There's no way for me to complain about anything in his presence.

I feel like I've done nothing but block him for no good reason. And by not trusting him and trying to be a good mother, I've become a distant, non- connected mother.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  10:23:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

So, I asked how to learn spiritual maturity and let it go( Samyama style). My answer the next day was to be okay with getting angry.

I realize now that I was scared to have kids. There's a long history of abuse in my family. I was (am) super sensitive, so even a few instances was enough to effect me. I was determined not to abuse my kids, so I mistakenly stuffed my anger. That's about the time I got fibromyalgia.

So I have been in my Ishtas presence at night. He doesn't seem to care what I've done or how I am. He is just light and perfectly peaceful. There's no way for me to complain about anything in his presence.

I feel like I've done nothing but block him for no good reason. And by not trusting him and trying to be a good mother, I've become a distant, non- connected mother.

Thank you, Lalow. Very touching.

Like you I'm a sensitive person. When I stopped running away from discomfort, I found ease.It's an ongoing process for me.

Here is a song by a beautiful young lady.

My song- Alessia Cara.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI4mvJrX1FE

Edited by - sunyata on Nov 21 2016 10:30:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  12:36:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I downloaded it. Very nice, sunyata.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  1:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@lalow
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  9:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So I've told those close to me that our Ishta doesn't judge. No one believes me.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  10:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

So I've told those close to me that our Ishta doesn't judge. No one believes me.

As the saying goes,

For those who know, no explanation is needed.
For those who don't know, no explanation is possible.

Lalow, thank you for some insightful posts.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  09:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blanche,

My family is becoming really crappy actors. I can see through these patterns. How do I take this seriously?

Edited by - lalow33 on Nov 28 2016 09:16:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  10:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

People closest to us are usually the hardest but they teach us the most. Infact, relationships have made me dig deeper. I know not always easy but doable.

There are some relationships in my life that makes my heart contract. When I'm their presence, I just notice the sensations in the body. I've started taking it as a practice when being around them is unavoidable. One step at a time, one breath at a time- that's the mantra I hum to myself.

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Nov 28 2016 10:22:20 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000