Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Throat chakra and third-eye energisation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pranar

India
53 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2016 :  10:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello AYP,

Been experiencing activity in the third-eye region offlate (SBP and meditation routine) - squiggles, buzzes and more. Today, it was as though the pineal gland came to life and was energised. While sensations are usually felt in the front of the forehead, today, the pineal gland itself could be felt buzzing in the middle of skull during meditation.

I had a sore throat a week and a half ago and my throat chakra has been particularly blocked since. After sadhana this morning, I noticed that energy was flowing up to the third-eye way more fluidly when I lifted my chin up or pushed it down through the day, stretching the throat region essentially. This produced a wonderful sensation as though the "obstructions" and blocks in the third eye region were completely cleared away since prana was flowing there smoothly - there was an incredible lightness and spaciousness as though the third-eye was fully opened.

Is it the right time to look into sambhavi? Also, the third-eye feels so ecstatic at times during meditation that it feels like I might go crazy out of joy to the point of it being frightening. Should I be slowing down SBP and meditation? Also, any suggestions to work on my throat block so that prana can flow more freely?

PS - Experienced a premature crown opening in Jan which has relatively stabilised.

Best wishes.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 12 2016 04:34:21 AM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2016 :  11:42:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Pranar
quote:
Originally posted by pranar
Is it the right time to look into sambhavi?
The decision to introduce a new practice into your routine should be based on factors like:
- How stable you are feeling in daily life with your current yoga routine
- How long it has been since you last introduced a new practice. Did you give that practice enough time to bed in?
- Your own sensitivity level to advanced practices.

Experiences, like the ones you are describing, are symptoms of clearing up in the system. They are not indicators that you need to add a new practice.

Enjoy your practice!
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2016 :  04:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000