New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2016 :  9:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kala,

Travelling across the country sounds exciting. So does all the other options. They will be grounding for you.

Life is too short. Don't let that energy hold you back from enjoying your Life.
Have fun!

One more thing you could try-When a fearful or anxious thought comes up greet it with a Namaste. You can even say I choose peace.

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 22 2016 9:46:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  3:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sunyata. Yesterday I had a very nervous stomach. I put my attention there with love and it worked.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  9:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I put my attention there with love and it worked.

You are onto something
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2016 :  02:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dogboy, it was nice to have relief.

Kala
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2016 :  12:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As I mentioned in a previous post, I have talked with the energy and negotiated with it. I expressed that I wanted to focus more on culturing the inner witness than on managing sexual energy right now. I realize that having inner stability is especially important when trying to deal with strong experiences (good or bad). This helped increase the witnessing experience for me, and that has been nice. Something else changed a few days ago, though. For the first time since all this transformation started (about 6 months ago), the sexual energy did not rise up. As you guys know, I have been working hard to feel grounded and more stable. Well, does that mean that I will have times when I have to work to make the energy rise up (if desired). Since this started I haven't had a choice, the energy would just rise up, like it or not. Now (since about 3 days ago) if I want it to rise I have to work at it. Perhaps this is what happens when I'm more grounded? Maybe the energy is calming down?
I learned TM many years ago. I stopped all meditation when all this strong energy started moving (6 months ago). I did a few minutes (2-3 minutes) of TM this morning and my experience has been interesting since then. The inner stability has been pretty good but the energy has gone to my head a bit. It feels a little odd, to be honest, even before trying the few minutes of TM. While the sexual energy was stirring up alot of anxiety, the energy was naturally and spontaneously focused in that area, the 2nd chakra. Now I've made effort to strengthen the silent value/witness and there is some strange feeling. Maybe just some bumps in the road, I don't know. I hope I haven't created a problem. I would appreciate your perspectives.

Love and light

Kala
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2016 :  2:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kala

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have talked with the energy and negotiated with it. I expressed that I wanted to focus more on culturing the inner witness than on managing sexual energy right now. I realize that having inner stability is especially important when trying to deal with strong experiences (good or bad). This helped increase the witnessing experience for me, and that has been nice. Something else changed a few days ago, though. For the first time since all this transformation started (about 6 months ago), the sexual energy did not rise up. As you guys know, I have been working hard to feel grounded and more stable. Well, does that mean that I will have times when I have to work to make the energy rise up (if desired). Since this started I haven't had a choice, the energy would just rise up, like it or not. Now (since about 3 days ago) if I want it to rise I have to work at it. Perhaps this is what happens when I'm more grounded? Maybe the energy is calming down?

Hi Kala,

Good to know you are feeling much better. As I have mentioned before, I went through a spontaneous awakening six years ago and majority of it was devotional as that's how I have always been. The only sexual part was having whole body orgasm and I could make it happen with my intent at that time.

Spinal breathing, mudras and bandas these days are smoother with a subtle blissful energy. It is not overwhelming. The energy has turned into Love centered in the heart bursting, overflowing and radiating Love for everyone and everything- people, even my couch, laptop, trees etc or in Love with creation. It's just simple pure Love. Sometimes all the cells in my body sing with joy. Also, if I push my practices wanting more of this, mother (the energy)lets me know. I have my bad days and moments but it's never bad enough to overpower the Love.

Personally with my practice, I'm not sure if I will experience the strong energy again in the future with further purification. Only time will tell. Just sharing my experience.

quote:
I learned TM many years ago. I stopped all meditation when all this strong energy started moving (6 months ago). I did a few minutes (2-3 minutes) of TM this morning and my experience has been interesting since then. The inner stability has been pretty good but the energy has gone to my head a bit. It feels a little odd, to be honest, even before trying the few minutes of TM. While the sexual energy was stirring up alot of anxiety, the energy was naturally and spontaneously focused in that area, the 2nd chakra. Now I've made effort to strengthen the silent value/witness and there is some strange feeling. Maybe just some bumps in the road, I don't know. I hope I haven't created a problem. I would appreciate your perspectives.

If you don't mind me saying this- don't you think it's too early to start practicing. You have just found some relief. Enjoy it and once you are completely grounded then start daily practices. I'm afraid that if you keep practicing without being fully grounded- the cycles of energetic overload will be never ending.

As you know in AYP we measure progress by the quality of our daily living. We don't focus too much under the hood. Inner Silence, Ecstatic Bliss and Outpouring Divine Love are three signs of progress in AYP. Happy to hear of your rising inner silence.

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 29 2016 3:56:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  04:44:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kala

As you guys know, I have been working hard to feel grounded and more stable. Well, does that mean that I will have times when I have to work to make the energy rise up (if desired). Since this started I haven't had a choice, the energy would just rise up, like it or not. Now (since about 3 days ago) if I want it to rise I have to work at it. Perhaps this is what happens when I'm more grounded? Maybe the energy is calming down?

Here the energy rises up spontaneously, mostly during the nights, or during practice. I don't do it.

Instead of sexual or in explosions these days the energy is smooth, ecstatic and blissful.
I could describe it as floating in an ocean of Divine Love, or better said be that ocean.

The energy also could be concentrated in the heart center or in the third eye or crown and it is for me always connected with the root. Third eye and crown I could describe as a very strong magnet.

As for the other question,
There were times I did experiments with the energy to let it rise (never recommended) it was not to force, it leads to energy explosions where the energy finds an obstacle. I needed this I guess to find out for myself how this subtle body works.

Spontaneous explosions where many, especially in solar and heartcentre, these are called openers maybe, for me they felt like ecstatic explosions. The heart openers are very beautiful. We can maybe describe heart and crown openers as orgasms in that area. The word orgasm however is strongly connected with sexuality, but also sexuality can be sacred and devotional. It is this world nowadays who makes it often in something else.(my opinion) So words can hardly describe the experiences, this is depending on the mind which read these words.

I describe these experiences because in that 'didn't know what happening to me time' I would be so happy to have find AYP. As I was by finding AYP many years later.

Most important is to find balance and stay in balance Kala, which we can notice in daily life.
Love, Strength, Unity

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 30 2016 05:56:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  9:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, for years now I have not felt good after ejaculation, therefore it has been my preference to reduce that experience in my life. Lately I feel really drained after ejaculation and it also tends to bring up fear. So, I am really tempted to allow the energy to move up. But then that brings up the emotional challenges too... fear.

Sunyata, no, I don't know much at all about AYP teachings because when I start to read them the energy starts to flow upward. Ugh. It works against the intention to ground. But thank you for sharing the idea that in the AYP system progress is measured by the quality of our daily living.

Here's the thing: What are the dangers of circulating the sexual energy?? I've heard it's very dangerous. I heard of an Indian tantric priest crying and expressing he wished he could get out of the tantra tradition. What is it like for elderly men if they've been practicing for 20 years or more??

Kala
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  08:56:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kala,

In AYP with the symptoms you have listed, we ground and self pace. Not even few minutes of spiritual practices if it's causing imbalance.

I can't tell what the energy does for each individual.

My experience- It flashed my entire life before me and destroyed the world I knew.
Not a pleasant experience at that time but it was for the best. The old me died and a new one was re-born. AYP helped me integrate and I continue to practice.

You have two choices-

1) Ground and stop everything and anything spiritual. Once you feel balanced, start AYP.
2) Circulate the energy and surrender to come what may. There is nothing to be afraid of. However, ones nervous system has to be ready to handle this. I'm not an expert but from your posts it seems like you should ground for right now.

Just my two cents for what it's worth. There are way advanced practitioner in the forums. May be they can help you and give better advice.

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 31 2016 09:10:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  2:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sunyata. I didn't do anything spiritual after the 2-3 mins meditation and I just did mundane things the rest of the day. I was overwhelmed by a need for physical release yesterday and later in the evening (after the release) the energy began to rise. I got nervous and fearful last night and again focused on grounding. I'm left with a headache and fatigue :/

Blessings,

Kala
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  2:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You received 4 pages of advices of people who have experienced, all advice you to ground and balance at this moment. If you experience extreme fear, you will have to ground/self pace, until you are not afraid anymore. Heard said stories are not helpful...and maybe not telling the whole truth.

We can transform the fear, that we can do to stay with the fear and observe it very close, surrender in the fear, after some time it will transform.
If this sounds horrible to you, then ground and self pace.
Love, Strength, Wisdom.
Edit we crosspost.

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 31 2016 2:19:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  3:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Charliedog,
I don't understand your comment...
"heard said stories are not helpful, and maybe not telling the whole truth."

Please explain.

Kala
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  4:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I should also gently remind us that meditation and self inquiry have been suggested in the previous pages as a way to develop more inner silence/the witness (not just grounding), so I wouldn't have thought that 2-3 minutes of it would be too much.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  5:46:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Walk your behind off and eat every few hours.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  02:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What I mean is keep the attention on yourself, everyone is different. Don't become fearful about reading and hearing stories, it is not you in the story. Stay in the moment.
This journey will take time so be patience and listen to yourself, you will have to find out what works for you. Nobody can exactly tell you that.
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  3:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder what your experiences are/were like. When you feel or felt the need to ground, what were you feeling? Some of you have said you felt just alot of extra energy. Anything else?

I am working hard on grounding today. Long walk, physical labor in service of others, outdoor activity, heavy food. I don't feel good at all. What do you experience when you are grounded? Do you feel "normal" when you're grounded?

Kala
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2016 :  10:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am doing everything i can to ground myself. I think it's just more difficult for me than it is for all of you. I'm having a terrible time. i feel really nervous.
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2016 :  10:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i have no one to talk to about this. i feel totally alone. i can't go home because i will be pacing and bothering everyone. Walking the streets at night might not be the safest option but it may be the only one.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2016 :  10:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kala,

Take an Epsom salt bath.
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2016 :  10:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How much salt do I put in. ive never done it. do i put my whole body in? It wont make the enrgy rise up will it?
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  01:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried the epsom salt. I am still wide awake and very nervous. These are the worst times.
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  02:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would walk more but it's just not safe. There has to be a way to ground. I just dont understand this.
Go to Top of Page

Kala

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  11:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ive heard that alcohol and tobacco smoke can really slow down purification.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  12:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go out with a friend, watch a movie which make you laugh. Tell friends you are not feeling very good, you don't have to explain.
You just would like to have a good time with them.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  8:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kala,

All this questioning, not knowing what to do is part of the ungrounded state. You can figure out how much Epsom salt to put in a bath. It's okay. Walking is the simplest thing. I was told 1-2 hours a day in nature. Try it. It's not a forever thing. Just try it for 3 days and see how you feel. It's quite possible that you need more days but try it out.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000