Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 David Spero
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  4:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
quote:
It's only in the process of awakening that there is an enjoyer, or a subject, to that process,
because the nature of Awakening, the actuality of it,
its nature is to dissolve – everything -- even the Knower of it.

Edited by - jean on Jun 25 2016 4:06:16 PM

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  5:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The field and the knower of the field are one
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  08:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

When the Divine Mother fully possesses you, you have no life left.
You've given it all.
Then you are on fire with a love that is unquenchable,
with a lovingness which has the reverberations of emptiness within.

From "Beyond the place of laughter and tears in the land of devotion"
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  4:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was browsing David Spero's website, and he has a list of fellow spiritual teachers that he likes, I suppose. At the very top of the list is Adyashanti, and Spero re-printed an excerpt from Adyashanti's book Emptiness Dancing. Here is the first sentence from that excerpt: "Before I had my final awakening years ago, I was crazed for enlightenment."

I read that, and thought: Boy oh boy, since I'm crazed for enlightenment too, I can't wait until the day when I have my final awakening!

Kidding, kidding. Here at AYP, we don't entertain notions of attaining final enlightenment. We cultivate ecstatic bliss, stillness in action, and an outpouring of divine love—and there is no finality or limit to the extent those qualities can be cultivated and expressed in this lifetime. Rather, we have useful benchmarks that can be acknowledged as motivators for us to continue with our daily practices, of which self-inquiry is only a small part. But there is no final awakening, no ego-death, no dissolution of the "I", or any of those things.

The ego remains. Our past conditioning becomes improved and refined, but does not vanish completely. We simply become a little bit better at serving the collective, day by day, meditation by meditation, sutra by sutra, breath by breath.

Welcome to the true path of gradual, consistent, and persistent awakening.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2017 :  07:03:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quote from Easy Grace:
quote:

A human being who is able to meditate naturally, spontaneously, drawing the mind into that field of absolute negation,
someday encounters the most radical human event, the most radical event that can be experienced in a human birth,
which is the climax of individual consciousness into Transcendental Reality.
David Spero
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000