AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 How do you stay motivated ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rave18

15 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  05:03:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
How do you stay focussed and motivated for a daily practise Any tips

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  06:03:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How do I stay motivated to keep practicing?

By feeding the addiction to ecstatic bliss. By being dissatisfied with mediocrity and anything less than excellence. In short, by dreaming of big possibilities.

Some things can't be taught, because they're so intrinsic, intimate, and personal that they can only be discovered and unlocked from within. Bhakti is one of those things.

Of course, I draw from external inspiration: heroes, beauty, stories, images, examples of greatness. But above all, there is this inner desire to change my temporal condition—to align my smallness with the Cosmic Bigness—that drives me to do whatever it takes to reach my chosen ideal. At times, it's torturous, but mostly it's paradoxically calming and exhilarating, soothing and liberating.

Also...the divine feminine. To get closer to Her, to make love to Her. She's intoxicating beyond measure. That's why the addictive power inevitably wins, because no one can resist or deny sublime pleasure indefinitely.

You?

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Jun 25 2016 8:02:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  07:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Daily practice became the most intimate, deep loving relation one can have. The inner silence and divine love developed during practice is taken with me during the day and mirrors back from all eyes and nature in the world around.

This shows love and beauty is in every moment and more and more daily life and practice become one.

So yes, like Bodhi mentioned it is kind of an addiction to bliss what keeps me coming back to daily practice, called bhakti or devotion. Devotion to That, to beauty, to love, to let my heart burn of love also in deep pain.

That is Divine Love.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  07:58:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tip: Remember yourself that for instance learn to walk took a lot of courage and falling, but every time you stood up and did it again. Now you are very happy that you didn't stop trying yes ?

Tip: writing down at the end of each day some moments of gratefulness.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jun 25 2016 10:59:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  11:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The meditative and samadhi state is the place I can float in the velvet pool of the Divine, so that one day I no longer float, I become the pool.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  5:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The practice of uninterrupted discrimination between the real and the unreal.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  6:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For all the reasons my fellow practioners have mentioned.

Burst of ecstatic bliss throughout the day, joy. The unshakable peace that Yogani speaks of. The lovely encounters that I have everyday.

Sharing another story-

I had seen this older gentleman late 40s to early 50s at the Buddhist temple that I meditate on Saturdays. He and this other younger man mid 20s (I think) came and sat right behind me. I asked him if he was going to do some energy healing. He said yes, so I shared with him that I was sensitive to energies and moved from that seat. He looked familiar.

So, yesterday I was walking into my yoga studio and there he is. Yes, I had seen him at the studio before. I asked him if he goes to the Buddhist temple and he said yes and he remembered our meeting. We sat next to each other in the class and we started chit chatting. The word kundalini awakening flew through my mouth and his eyes lit up. He shared few of his experiences, the teacher walked in and it was time for class. He asked if I had time to talk to him after class. I replied yes, sure.

We ended up talking for two hours. He was beyond happy to have found someone to share his experiences. No one had understood what he was going through. He’s been through a lot due to his K awakening. He poured his heart out. He kept apologizing for his excitement.

I sat and listened residing in the silence. His energy is overpowering him but he is hooked to the ecstatic phase, shared AYP grounding techniques and AYP website. And, explained to him the balance between silence and ecstasy. I opened an invitation to meditate with us if he wanted to. He was so taken aback by this experience. These encounters happen with me often. This is what keeps me motivated. People are walking around with so much fear these days. Just to be able to share this peace fills my heart and keeps it overflowing.

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 26 2016 08:15:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  7:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm too far in to quit. I don't have any nice sayings. There's just no going back.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  8:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome story, Sunyata. These are good signs.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  9:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Bodhi. As it pours out of me, it fills me up twice as much.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  09:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sunyata, Very nice of you.

Would you mind telling what you told him concerning balancing silence with ecstasy?

Would also like to read more about what you told him about the AYP Grounding Techniques.

Others often learn best by framing things in a story and this sounds like the beginning of a very good one.

Since I respect your knowing this would be nice to learn from you as you have given to someone else.

Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  2:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good story sunyata wish I had somebody I could talk to in real life in a way. Been wondering about this subject myself. Struggling to stick with the change trying not to go back to the old ways.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  5:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

Sunyata, Very nice of you.

Would you mind telling what you told him concerning balancing silence with ecstasy?

Would also like to read more about what you told him about the AYP Grounding Techniques.

Others often learn best by framing things in a story and this sounds like the beginning of a very good one.

Since I respect your knowing this would be nice to learn from you as you have given to someone else.

Thank you.

Hi So-Hi,

Thank you for your nice post. I told him exactly what is discussed in AYP forums and Yogani's lessons. In addition he brought up various topics like Shaktipat, healers. My views are in line with Yogani, so that's what I told him.

In the end, I said it's just God helping God. It's not even helping- it's God living it's creation.

We consider helping to be a good quality, but if we think we are helping ,then it's still doing.

It's being and letting stillness flow through. There is no identity in this. Being a healer, shaktipat guru, the enlightened one, the awakened one, the knowledgeable, the one who knows, the one who helps is still an identity.

There is freedom in having no such identity.

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 26 2016 6:00:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  6:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

Good story sunyata wish I had somebody I could talk to in real life in a way. Been wondering about this subject myself. Struggling to stick with the change trying not to go back to the old ways.

Hi JR8036,

We are here to listen so feel free to post whatever you may be going through. The struggles will fade away with the rise of inner silence which comes through twice daily practices. It doesn't happen overnight. One may even be lucky and see through the veil overnight but the embodiment still takes time. So, be patient and trust the process.

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 26 2016 6:10:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  8:28:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sunyata,

Thank u the fear I used to have in it seems to have faded away somehow. I am sure I still have some left in me but, it is not as great as what it used to be. Say like yesterday I just wanted a break from everything fealling a bit run down so I took one. My break did not feal as good as I thought it would almost like I let myself down because I took it.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  9:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Sunyata,

Thank u the fear I used to have in it seems to have faded away somehow. I am sure I still have some left in me but, it is not as great as what it used to be.

Good to hear that. See that’s a progress- do a little victory dance.

quote:
Say like yesterday I just wanted a break from everything fealling a bit run down so I took one. My break did not feal as good as I thought it would almost like I let myself down because I took it.

We all deserve/need breaks to recharge ourselves. Your mind didn’t even let you enjoy that. See how we let the mind rule us.

With continued practices, we will be able to see our karmic patterns that keeps us in bondage.

We can read, talk, discuss these things all we want, until we start practicing, we won't be able to see results. It's like reading books on working out day in and day out, discussing with our friends the benefit of exercise and dreaming of the body/health we want. But then never leaving the couch and eating a bag of chips daily. We won't see the results, will we?

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 26 2016 9:20:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  9:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
True..if we don't start practicing we won't see the results maybe I need to let some more time to go by before I get totally excited about it.

I'm trying to figure out why the fear has subsided mostly. And now I have even began to think I even want it to happen. It's like wtf happened to me..lol
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  9:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I'm trying to figure out why the fear has subsided mostly. And now I have even began to think I even want it to happen. It's like wtf happened to me..lol

LOL...It's pretty hilarious to see how the mind has a hold on us. When I notice my Karmic patterns, I laugh at it too. I've stopped taking myself too seriously.

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 26 2016 9:34:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  11:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I need to learn not to take myself too seriously also.

But, at the same time it is amazing how my own mind is changing right in front of me. I wish it hadn't happened so fast. I have been doing a lot of grounding making myself feal a lot better for the most part.
Go to Top of Page

Rave18

15 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  03:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You for your input everyone
Go to Top of Page

maribdias

Brazil
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  07:03:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
-> Remember of your purpose on yoga every single day - spiritual, physical, mental. You can keep it in mind by reading a quote, a book, or watching someone who inspires you.
-> Before going to sleep, you can imagine that you are ALREADY practicing yoga every single day. It must be as real as possible - feel tastes, listen sounds, touch things, hear other people congratulating you. Focus on how you feel by have accomplished it. Let yourself merge in the blissful feeling of knowing you ARE committed to your practice, and evolving every day. Do it every night.
-> No matter how passionate you want to learn how to handstand or be more flexible, you must have a daily time to meditation too! You will understand better how your ego works, and self-sabotage. Our mind can be our worst enemy or best servant.
-> Be loving and compassionate with yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2016 :  11:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

How do I stay motivated to keep practicing?

By feeding the addiction to ecstatic bliss. By being dissatisfied with mediocrity and anything less than excellence. In short, by dreaming of big possibilities.

Some things can't be taught, because they're so intrinsic, intimate, and personal that they can only be discovered and unlocked from within. Bhakti is one of those things.

Of course, I draw from external inspiration: heroes, beauty, stories, images, examples of greatness. But above all, there is this inner desire to change my temporal condition—to align my smallness with the Cosmic Bigness—that drives me to do whatever it takes to reach my chosen ideal. At times, it's torturous, but mostly it's paradoxically calming and exhilarating, soothing and liberating.

Also...the divine feminine. To get closer to Her, to make love to Her. She's intoxicating beyond measure. That's why the addictive power inevitably wins, because no one can resist or deny sublime pleasure indefinitely.

You?

Same
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000