Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Possible kundalini awakening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BeStillAndKnow

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  10:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've written and deleted this message a few times. Long story short I had pretty bad anxiety the last year but recently have been experiencing the energetic explosions that people on here have been talking about. A feeling of heat and pressure in some part of the body, that eventually rapidly dissipates in what feels like an explosion, followed by waves of heat that go head to toe several times. These explosions only started happening once I took up twice daily focused sitting meditation.

Prior to that I had been managing my anxious symptoms with an hour of Hatha Yoga practice, often focusing on long, even breathes and sometimes using a single word mantra like peace, or love for the entire yoga session. But I had not done any actual sitting meditations.

My first experience of this explosion happened about 2 days into sitting meditation practice. I do a 15min practice in the morning and one at night. My breathe is just normal breathing without pause. I found even from the first session that my brain chatter switched off very easily and I went into a kind of semi-sleep state where I'm conscious but I can just feel my mental activity is very subdued. I became hyper focused on the heat and pressure in my heart and solar plexus and it's after several minutes or sometimes as long as 20-40mins of this intense focus that I will get the sensation of that release. The rapid dissipation of that energy followed by waves of heat that move up and down my body.

I'm finding these experiences a little overwhelming and would like advice on how to calm all of this down and take things at a slower pace.

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  01:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, are you the same person who reported in another thread being in week 7 of The Prsesence Process? If it's you, you are pushing the river. You cannot maintain or build up a strong spiritual practice during TPP, according to the experience of many people here including me.
Go to Top of Page

BeStillAndKnow

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  02:15:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that is me. TPP is the daily sitting meditation, I'm not doing anything more in addition to TPP. I have been doing daily hatha yoga mentioned for about 8 months prior to taking up TPP. And I never had any kind of mystical/spiritual experiences with my yoga. It had the effect of just being simple exercise that did help to calm my anxiety. So that's why I did not stop my daily yoga when taking on TPP.

Edited by - BeStillAndKnow on May 30 2016 04:07:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  04:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Understand. Beside the fact that TPP is not a form meditation, IMO you cannot do TPP (thereby bringing up enotional charges into awareness) and at the same time do hatha yoga to calm your anxiety - this is sedation and control.
Go to Top of Page

BeStillAndKnow

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  06:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ecdyonurus

Understand. Beside the fact that TPP is not a form meditation, IMO you cannot do TPP (thereby bringing up enotional charges into awareness) and at the same time do hatha yoga to calm your anxiety - this is sedation and control.

Hmm...okay. Not sure what to do with TPP actually. The hatha is such a part of my daily life, my physical body depends on it for health and vitality. I simply can't stop doing it because in general I feel like sh*te when I don't do it. I took up yoga as a means to not be dependant on medication, and it's been brilliant for that. Yes, it's sedation and control but then so are anxiety medications and I think he said not to bother coming off medication if you need it, that once you are through the process or at some point you will spontaneously come off it anyway. Same as with addictions if I read his site correctly. So it's a real conundrum.

Thanks for your advice.

Edited by - BeStillAndKnow on May 30 2016 07:20:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  08:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. I could write some more on TPP but in this thread it would be off topic. Is it ok for you to resume this on the dedicated TPP-thread?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  2:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BeStillAndKnow

Is the TTP meditation the first form of meditation you've ever done?
If so, perhaps you need to consider postponing the TTP and building up more inner silence (through meditation) before jumping in at the deep end.

And what do you do to ground yourself? Those are kundalini symptoms you are describing and it helps to engage in grounding activities to give the energy a different outlet.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

BeStillAndKnow

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  4:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hi BeStillAndKnow

Is the TTP meditation the first form of meditation you've ever done?
If so, perhaps you need to consider postponing the TTP and building up more inner silence (through meditation) before jumping in at the deep end.

And what do you do to ground yourself? Those are kundalini symptoms you are describing and it helps to engage in grounding activities to give the energy a different outlet.

Best wishes

Thanks for your reply.

This is what I really wanted to know yes. For grounding what I do is a 2hr walk in the local parkways which is a natural forrest, and my hour of yoga which I do outside in my backyard. I've done sporadic meditation practice over the years but nothing dedicated (as in daily). It's pretty common when I meditate that I get a spinning sensation in my body or that I feel as if I'm leaving my body, a combination of vertigo and the feeling of being lifted up. I just put that down to having my eye's shut or maybe that's what meditation is supposed to feel like? I'm not at all ready for any kind of awakening. I was doing TPP for psychological reasons, more than anything. Psychotherapy wasn't doing anything for my anxiety except teaching me to live with it. Which I found an unacceptable thing. I wanted to get to the root cause of it and remove it so I could have my life back.

Edited by - BeStillAndKnow on May 30 2016 5:22:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  5:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BeStillAndKnow
Psychotherapy wasn't doing anything for my anxiety except teaching me to live with it. Which I found an unacceptable thing. I wanted to get to the root cause of it and remove it so I could have my life back.
Meditation will remove it, but it takes patience and time. And you will need to work out a schedule of practices that will take you there without too much disruption to your daily life. It sounds like you may be quite sensitive to meditation and spiritual practices. Consider gentle forms of meditation e.g. breath focused meditation. Best to stay clear of stirring the energetic side of things too much. Working intensively with your emotions can press the energy buttons.

quote:
I'm not at all ready for any kind of awakening.
Then it may be a good idea to take a break from whatever has been causing the turmoil, continue with the grounding activities and, when you feel ready, read the AYP lessons. They will give you a good understanding of how the kundalini energy and inner silence work together. You will begin to understand what is happening to you and be in better position to manage your journey.

Good luck and all the best.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on May 30 2016 5:44:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

BeStillAndKnow

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  5:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ecdyonurus

Ok. I could write some more on TPP but in this thread it would be off topic. Is it ok for you to resume this on the dedicated TPP-thread?

Sure, I already have a post over there. I'm interested to hear what you have to offer on the subject.
Go to Top of Page

BeStillAndKnow

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  5:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Meditation will remove it, but it takes patience and time. And you will need to work out a schedule of practices that will take you there without too much disruption to your daily life. It sounds like you may be quite sensitive to meditation and spiritual practices. Consider gentle forms of meditation e.g. breath focused meditation. Best to stay clear of stirring the energetic side of things too much. Working intensively with your emotions can press the energy buttons.

Then it may be a good idea to take a break from whatever has been causing the turmoil, continue with the grounding activities and, when you feel ready, read the AYP lessons. They will give you a good understanding of how the kundalini energy and inner silence work together. You will begin to understand what is happening to you and be in better position to manage your journey.

Okay, that seems like good advice. Thanks for your time.
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  7:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Okay, that seems like good advice. Thanks for your time.

This is great advice.

I am newer to AYP, so I do not have the years of experience, but I do have a history of extreme anxiety combined with a few small trials of medication which failed miserably. So, i understand a little of where you are coming from (even the attachment to current practices that have been helping you manage) I began my deep meditation practice twice daily last fall and have watched my anxiety issues dissolve completely. I am amazed!!! I have now been able to observe that some of my prior anxiety issues where energy related and my routine has helped balance the flow. I am finding that I am very sensitive to the practices, but the lessons guide you well and embracing self pacing is key.

Nature and exercise are wonderful too!!!
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  9:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

It's pretty common when I meditate that I get a spinning sensation in my body or that I feel as if I'm leaving my body, a combination of vertigo and the feeling of being lifted up....

In my Samyama practice I have experienced this spinning and lifting sensation. It can be pretty entense when i am overdoing. So I have used self pacing in my practices to balance this overflow of energy movement.

quote:
I wanted to get to the root cause of it and remove it so I could have my life back.

I am not familiar with TPP, but I would like to share that the baseline Ayp practices have completely changed my life. I have also been able to even gradually evolve away from or transform my prior practices (which I absolutely love) and i have been able to truly embrace the internal and external everyday balance APY has given me.

I hope my sharing can help in some way.
Wishing you inner peace

Edited by - Samadhi on May 31 2016 9:14:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

BeStillAndKnow

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  10:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your input Samadhi. Through advice it is probably best if I stick with the final weeks of TPP since I've practically completed it anyway. And then rest for about a month and maybe start with some of this basic yogic meditation as a longterm thing.

TPP is an intense short course in dealing with emotional issues, which at the time I started it was my biggest concern. But once the first round has been completed you can pretty much take your sweet time in returning to it. I think given the level of energetic blockages I appear to have it might be prudent to leave TPP for as a long as 6months to a year before repeating it and just cultivate this inner silence instead.

So glad you've experienced great results with your anxiety. I hope it can do the same for me too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000