Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Experiences after the daily practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoana

Sweden
4 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  2:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello!
I have been practicing yoga and meditation for the last 10 years and still feel like a beginner. I found Yogani books for very essensial and helping on the path. I have been initiated in anither tradition but Yogani´s lessons boost up all my experiences. Here is what happened..after reading AYP lessions I decided to do my yoga and meditation practices very firmly. I followed for a few days and on the 4th day after the evening practice I felt extremely blissful and with that warmed heart area and lightness and clearness of mind..My whole body was filled with warmth. It wasn´t from outside or warmth that makes you sweat. It was a physical soft warming feeling from within the body. It was so energetic and amazing. Due to that amazing feeling I couldn´t sleep the whole night and it continued on the day after and I couldn´t even rest. I felt discomfort on the next day and I left the practice for a while. What happened there? Did I overdo the practice?

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  4:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yoana, welcome to AYP

Yes it sounds like a bit of overload. You were right to take a break. You need to adjust your practice so that you are comfortable in the long run.

Have you stepped up your practice after discovering AYP? Maybe you were doing it will less regularity before?

Since you were so much inspired by Yogani's books, it is also possible that your bhakti had a boost just by reading them. Bhakti adds to the energetic effect of your sitting practices. You can almost look at it as a practice in itself. So you need to consider your yoga practice as whole - including reading spiritual texts - and self-pace accordingly.

All the best on your path
Go to Top of Page

Yoana

Sweden
4 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  4:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello BlueRaincoat!
Thank you very much for the answer! I can say that all you wrote made complete sence for me. I had a regular practice of yoga and meditation but the last two years I was off the road due to external changes in my life. But I never concidered to leave the path of yoga. So I found Yogani´s books on iTunes and I listened them all and I got very inspired again. Now I read the AYP lessions.I knew from before more of the practices and techniques but now I got a different light on them and I descovere them as they are new ones. I feel myself much more focused and determined. I put a lot of attention while I was reading about the self-pace. Actually now I understand it completely when this happened to me. I am back to my practice with more bhakti and attention and awareness.

Thank you very much again!

All best on your path!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  07:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You might find it helpful to read Lesson 411 as well - the "fly-wheel" effect, something to consider in self-pacing.

I hope you'll work out the right level of practice soon
Go to Top of Page

Yoana

Sweden
4 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  12:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you again! I haven´t reached that part yet. I will read it.

For the last few days everything goes smoothly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000