New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  10:31:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Anyone in the Louisville, KY area that would like to get together for a Saturday or Sunday? Maybe, late summer? We could do a one day retreat mode AYP practices and hike. I'm not a yoga teacher, just another practitioner. Respond here or email me.

Edited by - lalow33 on May 18 2016 08:42:38 AM

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  10:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Louisville in which state?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  08:47:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi American Baba,

I edited the post. It's the Louisville, Ky area.
Go to Top of Page

cshall72

USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  10:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in the Louisville, Ky area.

Nice to know others interested in AYP are around.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  10:53:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great! I like the Bernheim forest. I'm newer to the area and open to suggestion. I'll be checking out the Frank O' Bannon woods in the next two weeks.

The Bernheim forest is open 9-5, $5 dollars on the weekend. I was thinking about staying outside the whole day. Costs would be very low.

Edited by - lalow33 on May 18 2016 12:59:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  1:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I, too, am in the area. We should definitely make this happen!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  3:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are neighbors! Who knew?

Like I said, I'm certainly open to suggests. I like outdoor cheap stuff.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  4:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
cshall72,

If you are at all interested, you can post here. I can email you if you would like. I think you need a certain number of posts to email another member. I've got enough.
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  05:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am very surprised! Based on a past retreat, I didn’t think there was anyone else in this area. Things obviously change. The only thing that would be more surprising to me would be if I already know one of you guys. (I’m in Louisville frequently).

In regard to other local outside locations, one possibility might be a state park. The grounds are generally pretty spacious, there are plenty of hiking trails, restaurant with buffet if desired (although that might not be conducive to a retreat) and no admission fee. There are a lot of them around. That’s just one idea; I will give it some more thought…
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  7:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been to Spring Mills State Park and the Red River Gorge, both kind of far. I will visit Frank O'Bannon. There's a park in Charlestown, IN that I just heard about.

I've been to both waterfront parks(KY and IN), Cherokee park, Haywoods Nature Preserve and the Bernheim forest.

Edit: I forgot Mt St Francis. I've been there more times than the others.

Edited by - lalow33 on May 19 2016 7:09:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  9:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like there are going to be plenty of options for selecting a site. I haven’t been to most of these locations. With so many options perhaps it would be good to begin thinking about what we do/not want in an outdoor retreat setting.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  09:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by American Baba

In regard to other local outside locations, one possibility might be a state park.

I totally read this as "one possibility might be a skate park"... and I was pretty much on my way to the airport.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  9:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson, you should do this at your skate park.

Got any tips? I'd like to do something more or less outdoors, so it would cost effective, simple, just a gathering, no "leader". I would hate to leave someone out that could be reading this in my area but can't hike. Know what I mean?
Go to Top of Page

cshall72

USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 23 2016 :  09:46:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I am interested.

As far as when and where, I'm quite flexible as I live in the area. Bernheim sounds best of the top of my head though.

So what ever works out best for all involved.

You're more than welcome to email directly.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 23 2016 :  12:18:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like it, too. I checked some of the rental spaces, but they'd be outrageous for a small group for one day. It's cheaper for non-profit( but still high priced). Are we non-profit?
Go to Top of Page

cshall72

USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 24 2016 :  09:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would think so.

Would we really want to rent a spot for what may just be two to three people?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  7:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, we would not. I just looked, and it was outrageous in my mind. I will email you and American Baba some possible dates. Anyone else in the area is free to give input.
Go to Top of Page

cshall72

USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  08:42:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, look forward to it.
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  12:04:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I’ve been out of town but drove through Bernheim on my way back to the area. I saw areas that look conducive to sitting under trees for shade but there might be additional areas further from the road that would be even better. On the other hand, although we might risk getting hit by a skateboard if we went to an actual skate park, it would be awesome to see Carson again! I hope all is well my friend!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  04:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It'd be great to see you again too America Baba! I could get you guys to all line up at the bottom of a staircase and practice doing backside heelflips over y'all... after we meditate of course.

And yes, I did say "y'all".... been practicing my 'Merican.

Edited by - CarsonZi on May 31 2016 04:41:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  12:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

I do have a Chester Cheetah skateboard from the '80's. I do like the meditation/skateboarding idea. Maybe not this year, but it would be great to meet you in person.
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  5:46:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your 'Murican is definitely improving!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2016 :  11:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay. Sept. 11th, 2016 at the Bernheim Forest, Clermont, KY. If you can see this and are a newer member, post here if you are at all interested. I will read it and send you an email. More details to come.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  7:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are for peace. If you are in the area, please join us on this day.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2016 :  10:43:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This Sunday! We will meet at the visitors center Bernheim Forest at 9:30am. Meet and greet for a few minutes. It's a loose schedule aiming for 2 morning practices that stay near the water. Eat lunch then move towards the forest for light hiking and another practice session.

Thing to know:
It will be $5 to enter.
You need to bring water and a packed lunch.
Forest roads close at 4pm, so we need to clear out before then (around 3:30pm leaving time).
If you are new here and are reading this with interest, you need to post in this thread, so I can email you.

http://bernheim.org
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2016 :  5:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh man.. I am 3.5hrs from there. If this was not the first weekend of the nfl season I would be all in.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000