New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2016 :  5:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yea, I'm sure k didn't like me doing it I didn't like it either! But like u said I would rather take drugs than deal with that pain also. I still had to deal with some of the pain.

Somebody was taking the drug away before I could use it!

Sorry I did not mean for the preachy word to sound that bad.

Edited by - JR8036 on Aug 09 2016 5:20:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2016 :  1:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. Couple things might have changed this week. When my alarm got set earlier and had to get up early had no trouble doing it which is strange for me. Fact is got up right before my alarm went off and only hit my snooze twice which is not me either. Maybe my brain is waking me up to meditate?

This morning for some strange reason did some research on meditation dangers. And just like k there is another thing have never heard of before which really concerns me. Still feel connected to god so don't think it has happened to me yet. But, it is called "the dark night of the soul" which makes me a bit nervous. Some articles say it is avoidable and yet, some say it is a phase that every human has to go through which makes me nervous.

Another thing that happened is got headaches this week even though meditated every day. Sometimes they were worse than others and some days did not get them at all.

Crap...and it almost hurts me to say this but, did I just do a post trying to avoid saying that awful letter!? Jean you were right about that!! It almost freaks me out in a way as time goes by and I get new symptoms of k.

Edited by - JR8036 on Aug 13 2016 2:46:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2016 :  5:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
JR, the energy is basically rewiring your nervous system, so a lot of symptoms can and will happen. Don't get too caught up in these.
The headaches are unfortunately a part of the process, because our brain contains a lot of nerve connections.
I had also periods with awful headaches but this also passed. When the energy can flow freely without obstructions there will be no pain.
I like what David Spero said about it. The mother is preparing your body/mind for realization, probably the greatest event a human being can experience on this little blue pearl.
Nothing in life is more important than to realize our true being.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2016 :  05:32:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can now understand why you guys have told me many times to take up meditation. Granted it is not immediate it takes longer than you think for it to take effect. I may regret saying this later today but who knows.

And to think a couple weeks ago I bought an alarm designed for heavy sleepers. We'll see how it goes for a couple weeks but, if it keeps up might not be needing it atleast for a while.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  8:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
At a loss for words this time Not sure what I should do. I'm struggling big time with the vibrations that the rumble strips on the side of the road give off.
I know stay off them. Lol sometimes that is easier said than done.
Never was sensitive to them before I actually liked driving over them till today, not sure what changed.

Noticing that my body is getting more sensitive to Just the vibrations from the road too. I can still put up with those atm though.

Can't believe I'm thinking I may have to quit driving at some point.

Edited by - JR8036 on Aug 16 2016 9:00:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2016 :  11:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Was at a friends house tonight. Every alarm went off for a tornado warning. I thought yea right happens a lot here and nothing ever happens. So out of curiosity I walked outside to see what was going on and spotted it!!! I saw the tornado!!! So I yelled for my friend to come outside and he was like wtf is going on lol. I pointed to the tornado. We watched it for a couple minutes and saw it go back in to the clouds not realizing at the time it would be the last time we saw it. Thankfully!! So we drove all over the neighborhood to see what it did destroyed a barn and a small shelter flattened some crops in several fields which will be a pain in the ass this fall thankfully not any of our fields were hurt. But, it did come close. So all in all an exciting evening. Only the 2nd time I ever saw a tornado in real life. 2 times too many in my mind.

The object of the story is I completely forgot all about my k this evening. Since nobody got hurt it was an exciting evening. Felt like a normal human for a couple hours tonight.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  07:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From seeing lights to feeling tightness in my chest during meditation, I can feel myself changing yet again. I feel different somehow. Something is changing inside me. Don't feel as hyper as I first came here. Feel some sort of calmness in me now.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  4:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to be terrified of potential tornadoes until my 20's. I've never seen one, but I've seen spinning clouds.

Go for you for staying calm.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  5:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good or bad I have never been scared of them before. Maybe its because they are rare where I am.

They use the tornado warning thing too much where I am. Most of the time it's like yea right heard that same old song and dance before and nothing ever happens except some strong winds.1
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  07:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One thing I have noticed is for some reason, I bring up religious things several times a day or almost whenever I can. Why is this happening!? This is not me.

But, at the same time I like it though. Trying to bring God more into my life isnt really a bad thing right?
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  09:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

Trying to bring God more into my life isnt really a bad thing right?

Very good sign,JR. Keep up your daily practice.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  10:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Im also at the lake right now which puts me in a good mood for more than 1 reason. As hot as it was I also got in the lake which felt 5 times better than it had before which was awesome
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  07:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tried to tell a friend what was going on with me last night. Did not end so well. Tried to tell him there was a couple ppl in a restaurant we were at that I could feel I did not like them. He almost flipped out that I said that. Sigh... guess I'm on my own in real life. With this.

He had been drinking which is why I decided to mention it. Hopefully he forgets about it.

Edited by - JR8036 on Aug 28 2016 08:17:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  10:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did not feel my k at all when I was at the lake. But now I'm sitting in my fav chair and I can really feel her stir right now big time. Why is that I wonder?

Actually got in the lake 2 days in a row this time maybe that has something to do with it?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  10:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Who knows? Your friend is probably still your friend. I have a post questioning that myself ( with my bff). Lol
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2016 :  07:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol probably still is because he wants me to go again next weekend.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  3:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder why sometimes I can meditate easily for 30min plus. But, like today I struggled just to do 10min.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  5:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What type of meditation?
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  8:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's called mindfulness just watching my breath I tried dm when I started and that was a bit much at first.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  10:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think if you are having too much energy experiences that you are suppose to limit your meditations to 20 min or less and keep them them the same amount of time in the AYP recommendations. It's okay if you accidentally go over occasionally.

Edited by - lalow33 on Sep 03 2016 10:58:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  07:51:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

Yes, Lalow is right. If you are having energetic problems, keep meditation times down to 20 minutes or less. Even if you are using breath based meditations. Don't meditate more than twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon or evening.

You may also find it helpful to introduce a few minutes of Spinal Breathing Pranayama before your meditations. It can help to balance out the energy in the body. If you do not find it helpful then you can simply leave it out. The instructions for Spinal Breathing can be found in lesson 41 of "Advanced Yoga Practices Vol 1" or here on the AYP Plus site. Instructions can also be found in more deapth, in the "Spinal Breathing Pranayama" book.

You may find this lesson useful:

Lesson 367 - Suggestions for Over-Sensitive Meditators

If you are getting headaches, or other unpleasant symptoms then cut meditation times down to 10 minutes a day or even take a break for a while. Make sure you engage in grounding activities every day such as taking long walks in nature.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  11:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks guys. So far I feal fine right now. I have gotten back up to 15min now and no I don't meditate no more than twice a day. From time to time I do get headaches but, not near as bad or as often as what they used to be. But, when they do get really bad the frequency of those types are far less then they used to be

Things seem to have settled down from when I first got here.
Good or bad I do go to church from time to time and I also think that is helping me out as well.

Edited by - JR8036 on Sep 04 2016 12:02:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  11:11:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This morning I got a bit excited as I usually do. I went out to buy a couple pairs of jeans. As I walked up to the register I started sweating for no apparent reason whatsoever, it was a bit warm in there but not THAT warm. Although I have been noticing I have been burning up all weekend for no reason either and I don't think I'm getting sick. Then as I'm driving home I notice in the mirror that right smack dab in the middle of my forehead I have a small red dot like skin broken and thought wtf? Don't tell me its real. Thought for sure that you wouldn't be able to see the 3rd eye. Maybe as time goes by I will settle down again and that red dot on me will disappear. Just keep thinking wtf...wtf..WTF! Did not realize some of these changes you will actually be able to see in real life!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  12:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  07:40:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So it started out with 1 dream a weak to 2 dreams a night last night I think I can remember 3 of them. Maybe 4!? How many dreams a day does a human have a night? I'm going to go insane if I can remember every single one of them.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000