Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Proof Humans are really not meat eaters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  10:42:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
You know it is really against most peoples sensibilities to eat meat when they are confronted with where it actually comes from

This video proves it.

https://youtu.be/k1bG2EPGmI0

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  3:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  3:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  08:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you guys liked it and it was a funny video reminded me of the old candid Camera t.v. show.

There was a truth here thought that made me want to share the video beyond a good laugh.

Humans as animals have developed to be able to eat all kinds of things in order to survive, so we have a taste for many things.

I found it very uplifting to see the abject horror & disgust portrayed by all who even considered the possibility of taking a life in order to eat.

Consider this a very good sign and proof positive that unless it is absolutely necessary for survival people will not want anything to do with taking a life in order to eat something tasty.

In fact if people were made to kill the animal in order to have a hamburger, a steak, a hotdog, a chicken breast you name it make them kill it take the animals life face to face pluck it, skin it, gut it & dispose of the corpse parts that can not be used then I believe with rare exception everyone would shun the taking of life for a morsel in their mouth.

Here in this video the idea of someone else doing it not even themselves having to is is horrible enough to suspend disbelief with the improbable grinding machine.

This video really says it all no further studies are needed.

Corpse food is not sustainable and furthermore it is disgusting when faced with the reality of it.
Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  09:12:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually So-Hi your post is right on time for me, or I beliebe it do. Perhaps the work of the stillness .

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/311.html

Edited by - jigjnasu on Feb 24 2016 10:59:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  09:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
+1 on So-Hi's explanation.

And a very good video, thanks for the link!

Edited by - Holy on Feb 24 2016 09:43:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  09:47:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't watch the video. I hope I'm not being too controversial, but I've gardened for years, and the truth is that some animals do die even with you eating only fruits and vegetables. I'm sure it's a on a much smaller scale. I'm not just talking about bugs.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  09:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  10:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks was not quite sure where to post this one.
quote:
Originally posted by AYPforum

Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  10:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a mole family destroy everything I planted last year. I tried every deterrent, and it didn't work. I'd like to be semi-sustainable. What's a gardner or farmer to do? Kill the moles? Get a cat or snake to do my dirty work?

I'm not sure what farmers do. I feel for them.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  10:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow33 you are correct of course. If you have time watch the video it is meant to be funny but I took a different take on it.

Essentially what is real human nature versus convenience of just eating what is available.

Everything dies it is an essential phase of life but my point has more to do with how we as beings actually feel towards cultivating life luring it into flesh only to torture and destroy the flesh of the in dweller to eat that which is truly not in our nature to do but has been given as a social constant for long before most of us were born.

We may not be conscious that the chicken breast once belonged to an in dweller just the same as a human breast once belonged to in in dweller but the reaction to killing either for the sake of eating that breast becomes real when faced with the doing.

Of course being incarnate in Human form I find the degree of repulsiveness much greater when using a human breast as an example but I am certain the point is not lost.

Death is one thing, cultivating life to destroy it for the sake of that which is not necessary is barbaric, cruel greedy and evil.

And if you want to add the biggest practical reason of all it is not sustainable and life has a way of protecting itself.

I suspect one day if it continues mad cow and much worse things will eventually not only become the norm but as we continue to modify genes in animals there will come a time of cross species disease on an epic scale.

quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I didn't watch the video. I hope I'm not being too controversial, but I've gardened for years, and the truth is that some animals do die even with you eating only fruits and vegetables. I'm sure it's a on a much smaller scale. I'm not just talking about bugs.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  11:08:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Remember I live by a Tyson plant! It's just hard. I want the moles to go away or die. I previously had cherry trees and a chipmunk infestation. I would love my diet to be " kill" free, but the way I see it ( from experience), it's not possible.

I'm not sure that people who decide to be vegetarian or vegan really know what's going on. Sure, there's less killing of animals, but there's no reason to judge other people. There really is some killing of animals for a plant based diet. No reason to judge other people.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  11:21:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also have a strawberry patch which the deer eat all the strawberries. I have tried all the recommended ways to get them to leave. They do not work. We are overrun by deer.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  11:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is just an another perspective from someone trying hard to live it. It's just not working out.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  11:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cat or snake for these moles. They are still all over my yard. I'm too wimpy to shoot them myself.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  12:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My perspective is to ease up a little bit on the farmers. This is not easy. No matter what diet you eat, there's some death. Just go slowly.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  1:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lalow, I think you are perfectly right - neither of us, vegetarians or even vegans can claim they are able to feed themselves without sacrificing any lives. There is fierce competition for food and space on this planet. (What about the species we drive to extinction to grow our vegetable crops?)

Also I don't think vilifying meat consumption is necessarily a productive thing to do. Promoting yoga is - then people may, in time, find they feel good on a vegetarian diet.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  2:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Also I don't think vilifying meat consumption is necessarily a productive thing to do. Promoting yoga is - then people may, in time, find they feel good on a vegetarian diet.

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  2:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow

Not sure how this turned into a Farmers issue in your mind but okay we can discuss that also.

Farmers have it tough there is no doubt about that and if an animal becomes a problem well a farmers got to do what a farmers got to do.

Cats have to eat to and they are designed to be predators other animals are their natural food.

This is quite a bit different than purposely raising animals to slaughter.

It is also quite a bit different than a demand by Human Beings that need not exist being supplied at the cost of sustainability and public health and welfare.

There is no perfect solution for those of us incarnate but the one that does the least amount of harm and helps the greatest amount of incarnate beings is better than the current state of affairs.

When it comes to gardening I have great success with hanging gardens it get things off the ground and eliminates all but the bird and insect issues which can be handled with Neem oil and Soap and a nice plastic hawk strategically placed.

Yes know where you are coming from.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  4:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would just encourage people to try to feed their family on fruit and vegetables that they have grown. What are you going to do when an animal starts destroying your crops?

I'm not at all against vegetarians. If you live in a city and think nothing has died for your food, it's just not reality.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  4:15:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,
This statement had me posting...-

"Consider this a very good sign and proof positive that unless it is absolutely necessary for survival people will not want anything to do with taking a life in order to eat something tasty."

You can not grow fruits in any type of hanging basket. It doesn't work.

Edited by - lalow33 on Feb 24 2016 4:50:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  4:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I also have a strawberry patch which the deer eat all the strawberries. I have tried all the recommended ways to get them to leave. They do not work. We are overrun by deer.

Did you try a good fence?

I feel you on the moles. Once the population has grown, it is difficult to tame them. Probably one of the areas in your garden is a very suitable home to them. They love to live under compost or small woods etc.

Maybe at this moment it is not so cost-effective to convert your space into a food growing area for your own needs.

In general, it surely is possible to grow vegetable food with minimum detriment to small animals around. I've seen it done all over the world.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2016 :  5:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, cats and snakes are a must for me. I have 3 neighboring dogs which inhibit this from happening. I've never had a whole garden destroyed by moles, but it happened last year. I'd like to feed my family healthy organic foods, homegrown.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  7:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After some consideration and communication with someone allot wiser than me I realize how this topic I started might get really misunderstood.

Sorry did not mean to ruffle any feathers, I go along with what Yogani suggests for dietary considerations.

FYI I had a Turkey Sausage for dinner last night so I am not a food crank.

I am concerned about sustainability though and the welfare of those who inherit what we leave behind and will just leave it at that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000